Overproduction Of Adrenalin Caused By Stress/worry/anxiety. Now How To Fix?

edd00

Ok I think I am pretty sure I have nailed what has been ailing me. I have some stressful times in my life and I chronically OVERREACT to nearly everything.

I was sleeping better for the first time in a long time a few weeks ago but then something very stressful happened. I was triggered by reading some article and it made me go back into old destructive thoughts. (I wont go into them here but they bother me a lot, just some personal demons)

I spent that one week essentially worrying myself sick. I barely ate, especially in the mornings (no appetite) so I am sure my blood sugar was a mess (which released more Adrenalin). I was researching on the COMPUTER CONSTANTLY about fixing this "problem" I had (essentially was in my head) . In one way I am thankful I was triggered because that one week I finally figured it out (I am happy to say I consider myself "normal" now. But the damage has been done. My eye twitches regularly now, I cant sleep normally, I always wake up between 6:00-7:00 am (no matter when I go to sleep) and I generally wake up a few times a night before then and I feel "skittish" and have a hard time relaxing normally

This type of thing has happened to me before, I worried about nearly the same thing a few years ago (and on top of that it was a hard time in school as I was in danger of failing out) my sleep was crap ever since. PEATING SAVED ME, but when I was caught in the most recent whirlwind of worry I was not peating... so now I am back to where I was

I am pretty sure I just over excreted adrenaline (or maybe some other hormones too??) and now I am feeling the residual effects of now I don't know how to balance them back...

So my question is: Now that I have conquered my demons, How do I get my metabolism/adrenaline levels back to normal? How can I do this to stop the twitch in my eye, stop feeling so skittish, and have a good deep sleep?

Thank you all!!!

I have suffered from having trouble relaxing. I found GABA and skullcap supplements to be the most helpful thing for this. I have tried a lot of things to de-stress and this combo more so than anything really is the most effective I have found. Thiamine in large doses is also very helpful, as well as small doses of lithium.

OP
E

edd00

I have suffered from having trouble relaxing. I found GABA and skullcap supplements to be the most helpful thing for this. I have tried a lot of things to de-stress and this combo more so than anything really is the most effective I have found. Thiamine in large doses is also very helpful, as well as small doses of lithium.

I see thanks for your response!

So I don't want to do any herbs because I don't want to mess with my neurotransmitters again (caused me stress before BC I was worries I "broke" myself with Ashwaghanda before...)

InChristAlone

One reason we are never free of the stress is because we fear it. So we need to learn to be okay with it to truly heal it. When I was going through a similar thing I learned to let my anxiety rise up and out. And then it leaves. The system rebalances. If you have been dysregulated a while this can take a while to gain the capacity to allow this to happen. Most of the time we recoil in fear and compound the issue. People who don't get stuck in stress learned to self soothe when they were young, I mean not like as a baby learning to cry itself to sleep, but through a nurturing parent they teach their little ones how to calm themselves by having a regulated nervous system. Many of our parents didn't. So we never learned. If you want more info look up somatic experiencing.

OP
E

edd00

One reason we are never free of the stress is because we fear it. So we need to learn to be okay with it to truly heal it. When I was going through a similar thing I learned to let my anxiety rise up and out. And then it leaves. The system rebalances. If you have been dysregulated a while this can take a while to gain the capacity to allow this to happen. Most of the time we recoil in fear and compound the issue. People who don't get stuck in stress learned to self soothe when they were young, I mean not like as a baby learning to cry itself to sleep, but through a nurturing parent they teach their little ones how to calm themselves by having a regulated nervous system. Many of our parents didn't. So we never learned. If you want more info look up somatic experiencing.
Wow that's so insightful thank you!!

jet9

Captain_Coconut what it is the brand of skullcap you are using? And what dosages?

Captain_Coconut what it is the brand of skullcap you are using? And what dosages?

Nature’s Way brand, 425mg a day. I was taking more when I started, around 2 grams a day, but after a few days the same level of effects seemed to be met with a smaller dose.

theLaw

Salt.

I've used up to 1/4tsp every half-hour with no negative reactions.

You can also use OJ for carbs. It will work much better than sugar.

Runenight201

Salt.

I've used up to 1/4tsp every half-hour with no negative reactions.

You can also use OJ for carbs. It will work much better than sugar.

A while back I tried upping my salt intake by putting salt into all the oj I was drinking, and after my 3rd or 4th glass I ended up vomiting a lot of salt and oj up. It was quite the painful experience, and made me question for a moment wtf I was doing to myself lol.

I agree with the notion of salt though, especially when one gets to consuming too many fruits. What I like doing is making a “green” tea, by boiling Swanson chicken broth with cilantro, spinach, and green onions. The flavor is very rich and the salt and other minerals in the garnishes also serve to relax and give me nutrition. 10/10 would suggest incorporating into the daily diet.

Alpha

Baking Soda, Cyproheptadine, and Aspirin.

These 3 will kill your stress response.

OP
E

edd00

Baking Soda, Cyproheptadine, and Aspirin.

These 3 will kill your stress response.
I already take bicarbonate...but I don't want to take any pills. Wanna go the natural route

Alpha

I already take bicarbonate...but I don't want to take any pills. Wanna go the natural route
Sodium Bicarbonate is your best bet at suppressing adrenalin and cortisol.

I don't know what you mean by natural. But Ashwagandha and L-Theanine are also legit.

The next best thing would be exercising and sprints.

OP
E

edd00

Sodium Bicarbonate is your best bet at suppressing adrenalin and cortisol.

I don't know what you mean by natural. But Ashwagandha and L-Theanine are also legit.

The next best thing would be exercising and sprints.
Ash made me super anhedonic .too much serotonin. Theanine same stoey

fradon

Ok I think I am pretty sure I have nailed what has been ailing me. I have some stressful times in my life and I chronically OVERREACT to nearly everything.

I was sleeping better for the first time in a long time a few weeks ago but then something very stressful happened. I was triggered by reading some article and it made me go back into old destructive thoughts. (I wont go into them here but they bother me a lot, just some personal demons)

I spent that one week essentially worrying myself sick. I barely ate, especially in the mornings (no appetite) so I am sure my blood sugar was a mess (which released more Adrenalin). I was researching on the COMPUTER CONSTANTLY about fixing this "problem" I had (essentially was in my head) . In one way I am thankful I was triggered because that one week I finally figured it out (I am happy to say I consider myself "normal" now. But the damage has been done. My eye twitches regularly now, I cant sleep normally, I always wake up between 6:00-7:00 am (no matter when I go to sleep) and I generally wake up a few times a night before then and I feel "skittish" and have a hard time relaxing normally

This type of thing has happened to me before, I worried about nearly the same thing a few years ago (and on top of that it was a hard time in school as I was in danger of failing out) my sleep was crap ever since. PEATING SAVED ME, but when I was caught in the most recent whirlwind of worry I was not peating... so now I am back to where I was

I am pretty sure I just over excreted adrenaline (or maybe some other hormones too??) and now I am feeling the residual effects of now I don't know how to balance them back...

So my question is: Now that I have conquered my demons, How do I get my metabolism/adrenaline levels back to normal? How can I do this to stop the twitch in my eye, stop feeling so skittish, and have a good deep sleep?

Thank you all!!!

you need some intense aerobic work outs. You may have high copper that needs to be sweat out. high copper can make you erratic and high adrenaline since copper creates dopamine and then adreanline. high copper will not let you sleep.

in homeopathy the cure is what ever causes it. so if you have high adrenaline it means your body wants you to get up and move. this will make your adrenals kick out copper or other metal that may be making you erratic.

zinc also chelates copper and folate rich foods lower methylation which creates adrenaline. do not use folic acid.

i would listen your body. i read an article a wile back about a man who had racing heart. the doctor told him to start running three times a week and that fixed him. I think you should do the same. if you don't use up this adreanline you may become adrenaline resistance or adrenal fatigued.

Sugar Bun

Yeah! If you have lactic acid built up you should do a 2 week unstrained yoghurt fast.

OP
E

edd00

you need some intense aerobic work outs. You may have high copper that needs to be sweat out. high copper can make you erratic and high adrenaline since copper creates dopamine and then adreanline. high copper will not let you sleep.

in homeopathy the cure is what ever causes it. so if you have high adrenaline it means your body wants you to get up and move. this will make your adrenals kick out copper or other metal that may be making you erratic.

zinc also chelates copper and folate rich foods lower methylation which creates adrenaline. do not use folic acid.

i would listen your body. i read an article a wile back about a man who had racing heart. the doctor told him to start running three times a week and that fixed him. I think you should do the same. if you don't use up this adreanline you may become adrenaline resistance or adrenal fatigued.
Thanks for the insightful response! Unfortunately I sprained my ankle pretty bad and can't exercise at all. Maybe in another two weeks I'll do some jogging

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals