Olive Leaf Extract

TreasureVibe

Hi. Are there any known downsides to the use of olive leaf extract? And from a Peat perspective? I have an olive leaf extract product from Thorne and I wish to use it to kill bacteria in the gut.

Thank you!

OP
T

TreasureVibe

Garlic/Allicin, Neem, Cinnamon, Oregano, are all anti-biotics.
Thanks. Are those substances not estrogenic? I also read that Neem could alter hormones drastically and that it is an abortion causing substance. Is this true?? Also what do you think of Wormwood and Oregon grape root?

Last edited:

x-ray peat

Thanks. Are those substances not estrogenic? I also read that Neem could alter hormones drastically and that it is an abortion causing substance. Is this true?? Also what do you think of Wormwood and Oregon grape root?

I think you may be right though I dont think garlic is estrogenic. Come to think about this some more, maybe it doesn’t matter since you are only going to be using them short term to kill off/reduce your gut bacteria. In that case olive leaf extract would probably be fine too for a short term treatment. Neem sounds a bit scary so probably avoid that one. I also just saw that it can lower testosterone. I dont know much about the other two.

Have you tried the raw carrot salad with coconut oil/vinegar?This could be another case where its tough to improve upon Ray's advice.

OP
T

TreasureVibe

I think you may be right though I dont think garlic is estrogenic. Come to think about this some more, maybe it doesn’t matter since you are only going to be using them short term to kill off/reduce your gut bacteria. In that case olive leaf extract would probably be fine too for a short term treatment. Neem sounds a bit scary so probably avoid that one. I also just saw that it can lower testosterone. I dont know much about the other two.

Have you tried the raw carrot salad with coconut oil/vinegar?This could be another case where its tough to improve upon Ray's advice.
The person I am asking advice for has an allergy for carrots... Would the coconut oil work for bacteria in the gut? And do you mean Apple cider vinegar?

Also do you know of any other herbs that are antimicrobial and not estrogenic, with no scary side effects?

Thanks!!

x-ray peat

The person I am asking advice for has an allergy for carrots... Would the coconut oil work for bacteria in the gut? And do you mean Apple cider vinegar?

Also do you know of any other herbs that are antimicrobial and not estrogenic, with no scary side effects?

Thanks!!
not sure what else? would take some googling
your friend could use bamboo shoots though i'm not sure how that compares to carrot salad. Does your friend have sibo or something?

OP
T

TreasureVibe

not sure what else? would take some googling
your friend could use bamboo shoots though i'm not sure how that compares to carrot salad. Does your friend have sibo or something?
Yes she has SIBO! So that is why I am looking for more information. Would bamboo shoots help treat SIBO? Thank you!

Last edited:

x-ray peat

Yes she has SIBO! So that is why I am looking for more information. Would bamboo shoots help treat SIBO? Thank you!
probably not. SIBO is a very difficult thing to get rid of. I know because I too am helping a friend with it. I personally think the recent surge in SIBO is due to the overuse of probiotics. My friend was taking a super strength one everyday for years.

As to the treatment, it can take up to a year. She should have the breath tests done to confirm that is what she has.

The three things I have found to work are
1) herbal antibiotics
2) special SIBO diet (basically avoid anything that would feed the bugs)
3) avoid any probiotics

I found this site to be useful
Treatment

edit: actually the bamboo shoots would help with speeding up transit times, which is important, but I doubt it would cure SIBO by itself

Last edited:
OP
T

TreasureVibe

probably not. SIBO is a very difficult thing to get rid of. I know because I too am helping a friend with it. I personally think the recent surge in SIBO is due to the overuse of probiotics. My friend was taking a super strength one everyday for years.

As to the treatment, it can take up to a year. She should have the breath tests done to confirm that is what she has.

The three things I have found to work are
1) herbal antibiotics
2) special SIBO diet (basically avoid anything that would feed the bugs)
3) avoid any probiotics

I found this site to be useful
Treatment

edit: actually the bamboo shoots would help with speeding up transit times, which is important, but I doubt it would cure SIBO by itself
Thanks dude!

LeeLemonoil

I‘ve read papers proposing that olive leaf increases enzyme-activity of Lipoprotein-lipase ... this increases FFAs from triglycerides.
I think depending on metabolic state, insuline sensitivity and such this can be good or bad

Vinny

A
Stop freaking out about "estrogenic" substances. Olive leaf is definitely not estrogenic, if anything it is pro-T, anti-E, and increases dopamine and noradrenaline. A fun herb to smash work and feel good in my opinion.
Are you still taking it, man?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals