Official Hairloss Thread

Luckytype

Guys looking to get selsun blue but in the uk it’s difficult to get, thinking it’s possibly just labelled different here, this is the product I’ve found, is this the same or cab used in its place.

Selsun Dandruff Shampoo =
Selenium sulphide 2.5% w/v. Other ingredients: bentonite, titanium dioxide, citric acid, sodium acid phosphate, glyceryl monoricinoleate S, monoethanolamine lauryl sulphate, Empigen BB, perfume, sodium chloride and purified water.

I just wanted to touch on this.

If you search ive done no shampoo for months at a time. Im pretty sure in order of strength the dandruff shampoos(that kill the "normal" abnormal yeast) are as follows:

Head and shoulders
Selsun
Stronger selsun
Nizoral

In the past ive used Nizoral, even before I shed hair years ago, super irritating to my scalp. Apparently its anti andro as well, so I wouldve avoided this.

I havent tried selsun, but once in a while doing a 10 min "scalp mask" with head and shoulders really did help me with periodic itch and the oil production the slightly out of control scalp flora likely induce.

I put it on my scalp dry. I brushed all my hair back, then do multiple parts in the hair and just wipe on the shampoo direct to the scalp so the whole thing is covered, 10 min. Then right before i rinse i spray water on it and kinda mush it up and down to get a foam going to "wash my hair" then I just rinse. Probably pretty wasteful on the shampoo but using it in dry hair and a dry scalp is way more controlable than wet scalp and burning your eyes etc. Plus its pretty gentle stuff so its full strength.

You could probably find a trial size just to see how it works.

xetawaves

I really think working on my neck and back tensions is making the difference.

What kind of exercises are you doing to improve it? I’ve never had the best posture and it’s always lingered in the back of my mind that it could be contributing to my hair loss.

Davinci

So if you follow the NW scale, try to draw pull lines on the fascia when turning/tilting/moving the head, the galea becomes some kind of ligament between the two frontalis muscles. So it's like there is loss of movement in certain directions.
I think the outer layers of back neck muscles might be tightining the area, preventing natural give and take.

I've read somewhere that turning the head involves deep neck muscles, but if neck area is tight, SCM is the powerful one that takes over. I'm trying to correct my posture, and it's very tight/sore to turn the head, without activating the SCM.

Also, if I turn my head and jaw up I can feel pulsating around my thyroid, so I don't know, there's that too..

@Thoushant This is very interesting. I'm reading through Thomas Myer's Anatomy Trains. Have you found videos or set of exercises that effectively correct your posture as it relates to the things you have mentioned here?

D

Deleted member 5487

@Thoushant This is very interesting. I'm reading through Thomas Myer's Anatomy Trains. Have you found videos or set of exercises that effectively correct your posture as it relates to the things you have mentioned here?

As people breath through their noses growing up the jaw drops and grows long, rather than forward. To keep the windpipe open the neck tilts forward and juts the jaw forward to keep breathing. This could actually change blood flow.

Perfect posture the neck would be completely straight. But as others have said their jaw JABS into their windpipe/adams apple, since their is a lack of forward growth.

It'll be tough to change but very hard gum chewing, tongue postures, and nose breathing. Also need to be low body fat to prevent "DOUBLE CHIN" while straightening the neck

About 95% of the population below
jean-paul-1.jpg

About 5% of people
j1.jpg

Perfect posture/tongue position+Genetics=Model

CDT

This won't help. I have lost too much hair already.
No one believes me when I say that I have gone from a full head of hair to norwood 4 in 2 years. but it's the truth.
I read your post, and I was wondering if you had a habit of masturbation during those 2 years. I have heard of ejaculation and loss of nutrients via this process can cause problems in people...

Bushido1

Interesting to see people worrying about posture in relation to hair loss.

I started to slowly lose my hair at age 18 which is exactly when my posture (especially neck posture) become terrible.

I have had massive forward head posture since then and I am now slowly reversing it thanks to a book called "8 steps to a pain-free back" from Esther Gokhale.

I paid for expensive physical therapists and PTs but they weren't able to help me with it. My head kept coming forward a lot even after all those stretches and exercises.

I think a lot of neck posture has also to do with your tongue posture. Your tongue should rest on the roof of your mouth and if it doesn't you are going to be more prone to mouth breath and have forward head posture.

JDreamer

Interesting to see people worrying about posture in relation to hair loss.

I started to slowly lose my hair at age 18 which is exactly when my posture (especially neck posture) become terrible.

I have had massive forward head posture since then and I am now slowly reversing it thanks to a book called "8 steps to a pain-free back" from Esther Gokhale.

I paid for expensive physical therapists and PTs but they weren't able to help me with it. My head kept coming forward a lot even after all those stretches and exercises.

I think a lot of neck posture has also to do with your tongue posture. Your tongue should rest on the roof of your mouth and if it doesn't you are going to be more prone to mouth breath and have forward head posture.

Interesting.

My tongue most definitely rests low.

ilhanxx

Hi Guys,

How can i extract pure caffeine from caffeine pills, anywhere dont sell caffeine powder, i want to use it in ethanol with niacinamide.

Dom Selleck

R. Peat mentioned that progesterone cream with DHEA mixed in can assist in hair growth. I'm interested in trying this but not sure where to get or how to make something like this. Anyone have any suggestions?

He also mentioned topical vitamin D and I just started using it on one spot on my scalp for a few days. I'll let you guys know in a month or so how it works out.
So what was the conclusion?

JDreamer

I wanted to report something interesting that is happening ......

I'm going thru a breakup right now and very stressed out about it. I went out drinking with friends twice this past weekend. I also fapped a handful of times and haven't been able to sleep at night with so much on my mind. The mornings have been so rough that I just haven't had the energy to go thru the normal rigors of trying to style my receeded/thinning hair. I literally haven't washed it since Sunday. I went to go wash it tonight expecting to see a ton of shedding from all I described above, but guess what? Barely anything.

In fact my hair texture has really begun to change over the last month or so from lifeless/whispy to having body. I can instantly feel it when I run my hands thru it. The coverage seems a lot better too - especially in the dreadful front area. I had been doing a lot of reading that centered around trying to control cortisol/estrogen and the connection of hair loss to blood sugar/insulin. So every day I've been taking the following:

- Pregnenolone 30mg
- Niacinamide 500mg
- Calcium Citrate 600mg (includes D3 400IU)
- Aspirin 325mg
- 2,000mg to 3,000mg of Vitamin C before bed
- Half a table spoon of coconut oil twice a day
- Cup of warm water, honey, and sea salt twice a day

I don't know which is making the biggest difference, but if I had to guess it would be the pregnenolone. I'm starting to become a believer that it is protecting my hair from stress/cortisol. I'm curious about the Niacinamide too, as I've long suspected I've been dealing with blood sugar issues from the shakiness I used to feel if I didn't eat every couple of hours to my constantly cold hands and feet.

It's obviously only been a month, but I honestly can't remember this kind of sustained momentum in any of the other regimens or combinations I've tried.

LeeLemonoil

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsnano.9b03912

macological and nonpharmacological treatments have been widely studied to achieve the desired effect for hair regeneration. As a nonpharmacological physical approach, physiologically appropriate alternating electric field plays a key role in the field of regenerative tissue engineering. Here, a universal motion-activated and wearable electric stimulation device that can effectively promote hair regeneration via random body motions was designed. Significantly facilitated hair regeneration results were obtained from Sprague–Dawley rats and nude mice. Higher hair follicle density and longer hair shaft length were observed on Sprague–Dawley rats when the device was employed compared to conventional pharmacological treatments. The device can also improve the secretion of vascular endothelial growth factor and keratinocyte growth factor and thereby alleviate hair keratin disorder, increase the number of hair follicles, and promote hair regeneration on genetically defective nude mice. This work provides an effective hair regeneration strategy in the context of a nonpharmacological self-powered wearable electronic device.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals