Official Hairloss Thread

Thoushant

As another data point to this: i am a man of few expressions, i was born with quite a poker face and have been accused of lacking affect many times. I have my smiling bouts but i largely operate with minimal movement of my facial expression and with no movement of my forehead like this furled brow "look at me on instagram" type of face.

That video shows how he decided to "startle" his forehead to give something to the photo...just like every other idiot on social media trying to get attention for a self portrait

The progressive increase in voluntary use of the frontalis in such manner should be indicative of something. Is he aware his eyebrows are creeping up? It's just like the toothy smile.
Darwin proposed Facial Feedback hypothesis 130 years ago, the use of facial muscles affect your mood. IE if you smile, you will feel happy(So question begged to be asked, is whatever emotion, is something bald people want to feel, just a thought). And it's applicable in emotional recognition, unconscious (30ms)displays of happy or angry faces increase EMG activity from the smiling and the frowning muscle.

Prosper

To summarize, do you perceive balding to be:

a) a consequence of physical tension, which in turn is a consequence of emotional turmoil

b) a direct consequence of emotional turmoil

I understand your emphasis on subconscious emotions and their consequences on the physical being, but I disagree with their suggested impermeability and dominance. I think posture and emotions are in equal dynamic relationship with each other. Each can be used to influence the other.

Is there a difference between a calm person and a neurotic person who manages to behave calmly? Will the neurotic person eventually become an authentically calm person by acting calmly? Do you view it possible to redirect or transmute emotional behavior in this way without directly confronting the subconscious? At the very least, many seem to swear by the power of "faking it till you make it" when it comes to confidence.

Thoushant

@Prosper
personal observation: high stress changes the vector of your body, from up to the sky to forward.
tunnel vision, loss of periphery awareness (which influence balance). you become reactful instead of thoughtful.

a) genetic(which I view as a risk for baldness, not guaranteed), health, diet. can't be separated yes. ofcourse you will improve on posture correctness, but you would lose progress when emotions stir(or unexpressed tension), or you will not reach optimal, because some muscles depend on emotions(or mood or Traits) to work(try imaging moving your hand a certain away, and then try to mechanicly do it)
cognitive embodiment, chakras, Chinese.meridans, Tom Myer.
we're talking about SUBTLE muscle use(so subtle it's emotionally related, and unconcious) to maintain posture, if you "cheat" by holding a muscle up, you will create further imbalances.
b) Studies have shown there is a real stress skin relationship, and we only scratching the surface of emotion related brain peptides. anxiety increase sebum, arousal increase sweat, CRH, substance P, Neuropeptide Y, NGF, prolactin, serotonin, Noradrenaline, etc all inhibit hair growth and not circulatingly from blood, there is a very real axis of sensory neurons that stress alter skin dynamics through these neurons and substances.

I think reason for it being perceived genetics is once you fall, you are likely to not recover fast and completely. the turmoil I was talking about is absent in my dad most of the time(but I know him, and have a clue of his drives and motivations), life experience probably made him realize some things, but a bit too late for hair, and not completely to correct posture. you need a divine intervention to suddenly stand correct.lol

if your mom's dad is bald, he has some neurotic tendencies, your mom will pick up on, and this will change her behaviour slightly. when she raises you she will try to model you to family figures. so either a specific personality trait is frowned upon, or another is encouraged.

Your dad's neuroticm and toothy smile(just imagine a very emotionally perceptive baby looking at toothy smiles) and his behaviour you will pick up on subconsciously or conscious, depending on your personality. you will pick up on a slight hurt or him holding back, situations where you do something seemingly innocent and you see your dad having a slight uncomfortablesns to it.
and as a baby you copy your parents posture, walking gait, sleeping position, behaviour and how to deal with things. If you don't do that, you are introducing new behaviour to the family, that might make your dad react negatively to it, you might be called out for it, or like Pavlovs dogs you will associate what is frowned upon.

there's a difference between calm and neurotic acting calmly, it's sensitivity to a trigger. a calm person can act.neuroticly if pushed hard enough.
Cognitive behavioural therapy lower s cortisol significantly, improves anxiety and depression scores. Emotions are biological regulation of energy, you have to listen to em to see what you need to do(Karla Mclaren, highly suggested for everyone)
at the end of the day, balding due to family upbringing might not have the same tools for dealing with social stress, so obviously in time this becomes second nature
and culture obviously does stuff too, in shaping your behaviour. go see tressless, there is a boom of late teens balding, who don't have balding in their family.

Society expect men to act a certain way, balding are perceived more dominant and I witness that every time I walk past, a lot of them just push the boundaries for what is close to being a transgression. emotional stubbornness, maybe a fear of what society view in them. women get a pass in not to act dominant. bald men are in dominance contests most of the time, just lowering the amount is a good start.
women have wide hips and small ribcage, this changes postural behaviour. they wear BHs, I think this makes them aware of ribcage posture most of the time

Last edited:

Thoushant

Here's the deal with having emotions stuck:

There's the body fascia, which carry emotions in tension, and you can find online pages mapping what each body part might represent of emotions. If you have emotional tension in your fascia, it will feed your current experience. Tense arms, you are more likely to interpret that whatever situation is making you angry, It's sensory information coupled to the experience. Tight Tensor fascia latae, you are more likely to conclude the whole situation ultimately isn't your fault, but others'.

For the Brain part, emotions trigger associative neurons, they will recall past memories, experiences of smilair event, feelings, behavior etc to find a solution. So I think a loop of fascial tension can make you spiral down into rumination, overanalysis, bitterness etc. And some cognitive science theories suggests that an emotion can colour your thoughts or your self-speech

The good thing is if you start noticing what you are telling yourself, or your conclusion when something happens, you can dwell on it a bit, just let your mind try to come up with what the emotional value of your conclusion is. Usually the first thing to mind is what's right. But it's so easy to be dismissive of or put it off instead of actually dealing with it. The reason I recommend Karla Mclaren is she has a VERY healthy outlook on emotions, and exactly what needs(and you have different way of achieving that) to be done when they arise, no mumbo jumbo it all makes logical sense. Emotionalcompetency is also very logical explanations of human nature and ineractions at an emotional level, that mostly is culturally vague or accessed through religious practice.

zes

Past couple of days I've seen 3 or 4 random hair strands below my hair line, on my forehead. Don't know what this means but I do not remember any hair growing there before. Will remain cautious and see if there's any changes.

Tzheng2012

Im trying https://www.amazon.com/Laritelle-Tr...6822&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=Latrielle+hair+oil . Its just natural plant and essential oils that boost circulation. Has some classic aryuvedic herbs that have been long touted for hair regrowth. Ive been using it for a little while, seems to help a little. I have a slightly receeding hairline abovd the temples and i do see some small fuzz comming in.

That one reviewer with the pictures sure makes it look promising though.

Tzheng2012

Oh and i do derma rolling (0.75mm needle) every once in a while on my hair line. I should do it every week but im lazy. Helps or not i dont think i do it enough to really show, but hasnt hurt anything (besides causing my eyes to sweat...). A lot of info if you google about it.

xetawaves

This is really random, but I've noticed that my scalp itches when I laugh. The harder I laugh the more intense the itch becomes, especially in my thinnest areas. What could cause this?

This is really random, but I've noticed that my scalp itches when I laugh. The harder I laugh the more intense the itch becomes, especially in my thinnest areas. What could cause this?

probably the muscles in the scalp being tight..

it seems like when the body can't digest right.. the muscles get tight... the cortisol is high, progesterone/pregnenlone is probably low that is making the muscles tight and no magnesium is going where it should

i dk the root cause though, is it bacteria in the gut? maybe it takes going completely starch free and using cascara non stop to clear the system out for the production of preg/prog to start and the liver to have enough leverage to start ddoing what it should, i dk though if it's necessary to take thyroid

franc0

Does anyone know if it would be better to shine Red Light on the top of the scalp or on the back of the head and side of the ears, there appears to be large veins in these areas on the back and sides (probably hence why you never lose hair in these places)
would it make sense as to improve circulation in these areas as they offshoot into smaller veins throughout the scalp?
Has anyone experimented with T3 and T4, if so has it helped your hair 'situation'?

Prosper

Does anyone know if it would be better to shine Red Light on the top of the scalp or on the back of the head and side of the ears, there appears to be large veins in these areas on the back and sides (probably hence why you never lose hair in these places)
would it make sense as to improve circulation in these areas as they offshoot into smaller veins throughout the scalp?
Has anyone experimented with T3 and T4, if so has it helped your hair 'situation'?
I strongly think so. It's possible I have already posted this image, but here we go:

Gray508.png

Like you noticed, the occipital artery and the temporal arteries are the strongest arteries of the scalp, and coincidentally people rarely go bald in these areas. It's also interesting to note that temporal/frontal artery branches off straight over the temples where hairloss tends to begin. I have no experience with red light, but I have been massaging the temporalis/frontalis area for a while now and the whole area has gone from stiff & sore to thin & mobile. Due to the length of hair cycles it's too early to say whether this will improve the hairline though. Any potential results should become evident in summer-fall of this year.

franc0

I strongly think so. It's possible I have already posted this image, but here we go:

View attachment 7810

Like you noticed, the occipital artery and the temporal arteries are the strongest arteries of the scalp, and coincidentally people rarely go bald in these areas. It's also interesting to note that temporal/frontal artery branches off straight over the temples where hairloss tends to begin. I have no experience with red light, but I have been massaging the temporalis/frontalis area for a while now and the whole area has gone from stiff & sore to thin & mobile. Due to the length of hair cycles it's too early to say whether this will improve the hairline though. Any potential results should become evident in summer-fall of this year.
yeah i've been doing Red Light for about a month or two, can't say I've noticed any improvements thus far, but only recently have I started doing the Red Light on the occipital artery, if anything my temples are receding more.
I bet there are scientists right now that can take a follicle from the side of your head, duplicate it 4000 times and use that to transplant, how many more years till this is available, probably never
F*CK

Prosper

yeah i've been doing Red Light for about a month or two, can't say I've noticed any improvements thus far, but only recently have I started doing the Red Light on the occipital artery, if anything my temples are receding more.
I bet there are scientists right now that can take a follicle from the side of your head, duplicate it 4000 times and use that to transplant, how many more years till this is available, probably never
F*CK
Sometimes shedding can increase for a while once blood supply to the scalp increases. This has been speculated to be the consequences of the follicles letting go of the weakened hairs in order to make room for new stronger ones. I certainly have been shedding more since I begun scalp massages. Either way, month is not enough time to determine whether you are worsening or improving. I suggest you take pictures of your current hairline and dedicate yourself to the red light (and if you feel like it, massaging too) for the next 6-8 months and then move on if there is no improvement.

xetawaves

I was actually thinking about the same idea in regards to red light. I have the large light from redlightman, so I'm gonna start applying it to different areas of my neck tonight. I've always had neck problems but haven't seen a chiropractor in years.

Several times last night I took each hand and placed them on the sides of my head and forcefully twisted my entire scalp from side to side. I would also push upwards on each side to help stretch the top of the scalp. It actually felt really damn good lol I'm afraid to stretch my scalp by grabbing the top cause I don't wanna pull a ton of hairs out. My shed wasn't bad at all this morning. I'm on the verge of being convinced that a lot of cases of hair loss are a circulation issue. I've also noticed that on days where I sit hunched over a computer for a while, my shed gets worse. Does anyone here have any links to help with correcting my posture? My neck posture could definitely use some work.

I also came across this study:
Transcutaneous PO2 of the scalp in male pattern baldness: a new piece to the puzzle. - PubMed - NCBI

Prosper

Does anyone here have any links to help with correcting my posture?
There are tons of videos on youtube aimed at correcting just about any kind of postural problem. However, there are no quick fixes. It will take several weeks to months to find & retrain the slacking muscles and to reprogram your nervous system to remember the new posture. To begin fixing your neck posture right now, try to lift your head straight up while tucking your chin/face in towards the skull. Then find a position where the whole neck and shoulder area is activating: throat/tongue/upper chest, sides of the neck along with trapezoids and the back of the neck / upper spine.

franc0

Sometimes shedding can increase for a while once blood supply to the scalp increases. This has been speculated to be the consequences of the follicles letting go of the weakened hairs in order to make room for new stronger ones. I certainly have been shedding more since I begun scalp massages. Either way, month is not enough time to determine whether you are worsening or improving. I suggest you take pictures of your current hairline and dedicate yourself to the red light (and if you feel like it, massaging too) for the next 6-8 months and then move on if there is no improvement.
Yeah i'm gonna stick with Red Light for a good 1/1.5 years before I give up. I thought the whole shedding thing was only relevant to people using minoxidil, I've heard of ppl reversing atherosclerosis with high amounts of Vitamin K2, something like 60mg per day, can't remember the duration. Might be wrong tho, Would seem quite expensive to replicate.
Men with MPB are more prone to heart disease/clogged arteries so I think K2 is highly important for problems with bloodflow and the scalp.

D

Deleted member 5487

@Thoushant Found this today, seems very related to what you were talking about earlier in this thread http://buism.com/hairloss.html

Then check out this video and notice how the mucsle tone of his frontalis muscle progresses simultaneously as his hair begins to worsen:

I have some minor hairline recession going on that has been accelerating for the past few months. I just tried massaging my eyebrow & forehead area and found extreme soreness and tightness. My forehead also goes to large sausage-like wrinkles if I raise my eyebrows up. Both of these seem to point towards heavily hypertrophied frontalis. This is an intriguing theory. Definitely worth trying for anyone suffering from MPB.

It's the hooded eye theory/Expansive skull theory

The skin hiding the upper eyelid is an evolutionary adaptive traits for Hunting/Fighting as it protects seeming the Most important organ for survival. Hooded eyes generally mean forward growth of the face/brow= Attractive=Hooded eyes are the most attractive feature a person can have.

However extremly hooded eye like My Great Grandad(surgery to remove some off his hood) Grandad, Dad and I ALL had/have nw2-nw3 Permanant hair loss, with little to no Diffusion. Why We pick our brows up 500 times a day just to ******* see where we are going.

See the hyperthrophied muscle on the forehead/wrinkles and high hairline. He can't see no can I.https://img-s3.onedio.com/id-576884...d8bd73e0f87d731ea2c53d221b79959eeeb8c151.webp

eyessss.gif

hooded vs "bug" eyes No vision obstruction

Alot of actors w/ hood eyes get botox injections on the supper eyelid/forehead to prevent the hyperthrophy of the muscle and hair loss. This is atleast my theory that some others share

Botox+hyperhooded=Hair+Cant see ***t
aHR0cDovL3d3dy5saXZlc2NpZW5jZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kvMDAwLzAyNy8wNjEvb3JpZ2luYWwvc3VsdHJ5LWV5ZXMtMTIwNTEwLmpwZw==

Expansive skull/hooded eye receding hairline=/=Diffuse rapid thinning/Crown. I think their is a difference

Last edited by a moderator:

Motif

My scalp itching and hair loss are 85% gone right now. First time in many years and I have no idea why exactly

Kibs

Guys looking to get selsun blue but in the uk it’s difficult to get, thinking it’s possibly just labelled different here, this is the product I’ve found, is this the same or cab used in its place.

Selsun Dandruff Shampoo =
Selenium sulphide 2.5% w/v. Other ingredients: bentonite, titanium dioxide, citric acid, sodium acid phosphate, glyceryl monoricinoleate S, monoethanolamine lauryl sulphate, Empigen BB, perfume, sodium chloride and purified water.

xetawaves

My scalp itching and hair loss are 85% gone right now. First time in many years and I have no idea why exactly

have you added anything to your diet, started any new activities or any new supplements recently?