Official Hairloss Thread

Prosper

I'm playing around with the idea of fascia involvement in hair loss.
If you look up layers of scalp, there's connective tissue above the galea.
The galea has bony attachment at the occiptal, and to the frontalis muscles, but from the galea, temporalis fascia develops, ear muscles attachs, and the galea becomes more loose tissue(different material, but still connected to galea) and connects to the zygomatic arch, and then goes down to create a masseter fascia.
The neck fascia also makes the inner masseter fascia
I'm saying I think it's very likely the neck and head fascia transmit movement/pull/tension throughout, to aid lymph flow, blood flow, prevent scarring. Imagine the scalp skin and skull as a joint, full movement have to be available.
Untitled Document
Neck fascia have several layers, and in between I see problems for veins/lymph vessels becoming obstructed, and the thyroid gland is "woven" into the middle fascia
PS: Face is fascia free as far as I can see, so I imagine the neck and head fascia as a chainmail aromor.
But apart from that, I think there have to be a healthy skin movement to the top scalp, which might be lost if the head is in wrong position.
If you're familiar with Tom Meyers anatomy trains, the galea is part of the superficial back line, but the SCM are part of the frontal line, and the two SCM are attached behind the head through a scalp layer.
From personal experience, If I really focus on activating my m. digastricus and push my tongue back the throat, before up(but it is hard, as I can feel a lot of thightness in muscles under the jaw) and let my jaw relax forward , I feel relaxation in my scalp 4-5 minutes after, this is one of the very few times, I can let my hand through the hair and it feeling amazing.

So I think what is involved is SCM tightness, excessive occipital extension(head is falling out of your armor) and tight/uneven forces in the fascia. Although, according to Tom Meyers, whole body tension can end up pulling in the area too.
This is interesting. I understand where you're coming from. Someone on youtube mentioned grewing back some hair along with correcting facial asymmetry with exercise that seems very related to what you're talking about:

Here is a suggestion: take a muscle relaxant and explore your movements infront of a mirror, looking for feelings of release. Dynamic meditation. Make yourself familiar with new movements, especially at the level of the neck and head. If you feel your head is rotated upon the top of your spine, try to lift your neck and head in a way that lengthens and straightens the cervical spine and brings the chin down and head backwards onto the torso from its regularly forward position. Stretch the **** out of your jaw muscles, to the point of near dislocation, by tilting back your skull as you lift it up, and dropping your jaw and sticking your tongue as far out as possible. Imitate the little men/jaguars in the center of Mayan mandalas. Stretch your mouth and eyes wide. This is an exercise in vital force, and all rotations begin with a falling into passivity by the body, when one merely supports against gravity rather than activey holding themself upward. Fierce faces often found in religious art contain ancient wisdom of self healing. Make your face look ugly. You will need to contort to release your jaw, but once it does, the rest of thebody will start falling into place.

Thoushant

Nice, can you share the link? How's the postural correction going for you btw, notice any subtle changes in behavior, eye contact, emotion recognition?

I've had smilair experiences lately, and I like the part of ancient wisdom in art pieces. I will do as he suggests(..Paint me as one of your mayan mandalas is the new sexy term here). The loss of rotation is probably the reason for the neuroticm associated with balding.

Prosper

I can't find the video where the comment was written for (I think it was one of Elliot Hulse's videos, but here is the full comment chain from my notepad:

Dude in question probably has a slightly fallen arch on the foot of the shorter leg. This foot is probably larger (longer) due to flatness from the fallen arch, with the ankle above weak and supinated and the big toe/medial ball of the foot taking all the weight. The longer leg would have the opposite problems, the lesser toes and lateral ball of the foot taking the weight of this side of the body. Other ramifications: uneven closing/clicking of the jaw, frozen shoulder on the longer side, minor instances of unilateral neurapraxia (ie. piriformis/thoracic outlet syndromes, bells palsy, etc.) from pinching of the nerves at rotational hotspots, and a touch of scoliosis to boot.

From fixing my own similar imbalance I can tell you it is incredibly painstaking a process but can be done. It all begins with the way the foot makes contact with the ground in walking, meaning how the weight moves across the arches in gait and the degree to which forward propulsion comes from pushing off of the stance foot versus stepping or prancing forward with the swing foot. This is ultimately the job of glutes/abductors and psoas/adductors to balance out. Consider that this guy has inhibited glutes on the short side which fail to support the greater trocheanter and cause the femur to lean/rotate forward and internally, and an inhibited psoas on the long side that fails to support the lesser trocheanter and causes the femur to lean/rotate backwards and externally (just femur, lower leg will rotate in opposite plane). As well, the same muscles on the contralateral side will be tight. The whole picture amounts to a rotation of the spine and hence the entire body musculature towards the shorter leg and a tendency to pull up the shoulder on the short side to cover up the scoliotic appearance.

Walking slowly and purposefully at an oblique angle as an exercise, with feet rotated below the ankle both pointing towards the shorter side, can do wonders to reshape the bones of the foot. So too balancing energy from the central line of the thigh between the medial and lateral components of both quads and hams by marching in place without lifting the feet: moving the knees back and forth evenly and along the plane of the rectus femoris, focusing on the biarticulate connections of this muscle, and without allowing the sole of the foot, heel or toes to leave the ground. The resulting torque of this exercise can be directed up and down the body to bring balance to the whole. Just mindfulness of the weak muscle chains is a good start: weak lateral chain on the short side, weak medial chain on the long side. All work on the foot, legs and hips must also be allowed to carry into similar rotational movement in the hand, arm and shoulder, as well as in the jaw, hyoidals and suboccipitals. Good luck to him, it takes years of dedication to truly resolve this problem once and for all. But it is worth every ounce of effort! I knew my body inside and out by the end, and gained much control and strength, as well as righted my jaw, aligned my teeth to a degree and even grew back some hair on my scalp.
Many people get their spine twisted simply by training with bad form and too much weight, or at least training worsens a preexisting spinal rotation that could have as simple a root as right-handedness. There is no way to undo these problems other than becoming aware of the invisible tension in your back, to become conscious of the movements made by muscles that are holding on tight due to some ancient trauma, which do not contract in your daily life, but whose help you need to regain balance between the two halves of your body.

Here is a suggestion: take a muscle relaxant and explore your movements infront of a mirror, looking for feelings of release. Dynamic meditation. Make yourself familiar with new movements, especially at the level of the neck and head. If you feel your head is rotated upon the top of your spine, try to lift your neck and head in a way that lengthens and straightens the cervical spine and brings the chin down and head backwards onto the torso from its regularly forward position. Stretch the **** out of your jaw muscles, to the point of near dislocation, by tilting back your skull as you lift it up, and dropping your jaw and sticking your tongue as far out as possible. Imitate the little men/jaguars in the center of Mayan mandalas. Stretch your mouth and eyes wide. This is an exercise in vital force, and all rotations begin with a falling into passivity by the body, when one merely supports against gravity rather than activey holding themself upward. Fierce faces often found in religious art contain ancient wisdom of self healing. Make your face look ugly. You will need to contort to release your jaw, but once it does, the rest of thebody will start falling into place.

Every muscle in your body is paired, and as it is, every pair has a tight brother and a loose brother. Your job is to bring them into balance. Your tongue has two halves, but at the tip they move as one, and extending your spine from the hyoid, meaning putting the base of the tongue up and forward, if your body is relaxed, the rest of the spine will follow passively into alignment. If it does not, find the source of the blockage, the immobility where the wavelike movement wont go pass downward in spine legs or arms. Break through the immobility with concentration. Getting it to spasm is the first step to getting it working. Bodybuilders put all their willpower into lifting big weights. Bodybalancers put all their willpower onto lifting their own weight with their whole body. And as bodybuilders get stronger over time, trust that these painstaking feats of concentration get easier the longer your practice. Alignment happens all at once when you find it in your stretches, but making a habit of staying in alignment is a matter of time and training. I would recomment Alexander technique to anyone looking to align their bodies. It is damn near custom designed to heal people from this problem, and is presents active solutions where yoga and martial arts present passive solutions.

This exercise has been VERY valuable for my own postural correction:
Here, another great balancing exercise you see in Mayan art. Stand with the legs spread and the feet outward at 180-degrees from each other. Engage the gluteus maximus to tuck the pelvis while bending the knees laterally from the hip abductors to assume a kind of ziggurat stance, while simultaneously using your lats to bend your elbows and raise your palms upward. Look for tightness and unevenness in the lower back and SI joint while doing this. Allow it expression as an unwinding and assume whatever contortions follow; they are all necessary stations on your way to straightness.

The complimentary motion that straightens the legs is hip adduction, squeezing the inner thighs together. From the previous stance, do this while keeping the gluteus maximus contracted. It will push you into a pelvic thrust that is very healthy for evening out spinal movement.

The great thing about this position is how easily it becomes a lunge, which is an innvaluable but often misunderstood stretch for spinal tension from the hip. Most people assume the lunge shape then attempt the stretch, and never quite get the full benefits. The zigurat stance eases you into the proper mechanics of a lunge. If your glutes are inhibited, as is often the case with such inbalances, be prepared to push as hard with your willpower as any power lifter does to get them contracting together and in a straight line. Just watch out, cause its also easier to drop the bar.

Here are more ideas. The lateral S-curve to the spine begins with the shape of the foot and its lateral and medial arches. Shape of the arches is determined by the paired bones of the lower leg (tibia and fibula). If these bones rotate differently between the two legs in gait, the arches of the two feet will be different shapes, and this is the origin of the hip-imbalance/scoliosis that everyone seems to have these days. Your feet are locked in their shape by your weight moving through them into the ground. Change begins with regaining mobility in the lower leg, particularly the soleus that controls the fibula (and returns blood to your upper body) and the toe extensors in the front of the leg which are sadly undertrained by people who think the calf is the only muscle there!

Further problems come when these bones are relatively immobile during gait and do not generate sufficient torque to straighten the spine from movement alone. Similarly, they may have mobility, but stiffness in the lats prevents the torque from being translated from the glutes up to the shoulder for a sympathetic rotation in the paired bones of the forearm and a healthy shoulder swing while walking. Then you get frozen-shoulder/thoracic-outlet/jaw-weakness and various other common problems.

The solution to all these problems is the same. Increase your general consciousness off the lower leg and the ankle in particular by learning to grab the ground with your feet and to generate torque and move it up your thigh and into your spine as you walk. Do you know that the ankle support provided by most shoes weakens the ankle tremendously over time by performing the ankle's job for it? For starters, learn how to walk inside your shoe rather than with your shoe'd foot as a whole. Stretch your lower leg and feet like mad! Stretch your thighs, which will be out of balance and overly tight at the hamstring (that becomes tight as rock when the ankles are weak to protect them from rolling). Bring that stretch up into the obliques, which are really extensions of the legs. Try to hit your right serratus anterior and rotator cuff, which might just be the key spot that puts your back into sufficient symmetry to hit the bench properly.

The most important thing from this, though, is that to align the pelvis, the legs must be straightened and brought into balance with each other. Then everything else falls into place. You will have to learn how to balance on your feet again, as if you were a baby learning to walk, or as if your were learning to surf with the whole world as your surfboard. It will take longer for you than it would a baby because you have to first break down old habits, and this is where everyone runs aground. Only with incredibly powerful desire for change and severe perseverance can you summon the willpower necessary to stretch decades-old tensions and restore youthful length to your musculature. In the process you will also have to resolve the psychological tensions that hold you this way. Knowledge is far second to willful effort over time. There are only so many ways someone can tell you to relax and stand up straight and tall with your chest held high by your abs, and your abs held long by an extended lumbar spine, and your hips forward to allow the spine to extend down and forward (tailbone swinging like a wasp's stinger I always imagine). If one side feels like it is dropping, straighten it! It all comes down to the actual doing of it. Lengthening and straightening all of the time. Even in bed while sleeping. Anything less and you will not be worthy of the health and happiness that come with balance.

The important thing is that we know it is a track. When I begin a stretch, I feel I am unwinding along a prescribed pathway. I know that when I feel a click or a pop anywhere along the way, that I have missed an important avenue, and I will backtrack and try to find what muscle or fibrous grouping I failed to allow expression. If you can get on the track and persist in the stretch long enough, it is possible to eventually reach symmetry and regain the essential pulsing wavelike internal motion of the body. I get on track between my shoulder blades, by squeezing them a bit and allowing their circular, unwinding movement to begin. The expression that opens up from there is pandiculation, but it radiates out as we continue down the track: one proper unbroken figure-eight for each vertebra, each new spinal nerve activated widening the circle and expanding its influence toward attaining a singular spinal movement which is the lever action of the body as a whole under gravity.

The even more important thing, the thing which will sound insane, but which attempts to communicate the deepest truth I know, is that the failing of the spine under gravity is exactly one and the same as the failing of the mind under morality. If you need a better explanation than the fact we are first and foremost moral (that is, social) entities, if you reject the idea of morality because it suggests a spiritual reality to man, then consider this. To be a social organism is to be a communicative organism, for mankind is attempting to come together as a larger organism just as the cells in your body have come together to make you. The adaptive mechanism for this evolution is global truthful communication. This is not a function of verbal language, however. Words are not only for truthful communication, but are also how individuals attempt to hide from one another. But we cannot hide what the shape of the spine tells all others about the nature of our habitual actions and the guilt and shame we carry within. The guilt and the shame distort the body with tensions, and we are all experts on reading each other's proportions and movements. We always know exactly who stands before us, though few people have the clarity to know it consciously, and even fewer to put it to words.

Stretching alone will not get you where you want to go. However much you unwind over the day, you will go to sleep and your unconscious mind will twist you back up so that the next day you have to start all over again. Understand that life is a test. What you do in private matters. You must grow as a moral entity. Whatever you loathe about your thoughts and behaviour, your must erradicate with extreme prejudice. Just as shame would weigh you to the ground and turn you into a worm in the eyes of the other, pride will lift you with scapular wings and transform you into an angel. Pride cannot be faked. A straight and symmetrical body with freedom of movement and expression cannot be grown without a good soul. No technology or exercise program will do that for you.

Prosper

Here is another interesting link related to this: Lingual Exploration

To answer your question about my progress, I have made significant recovery from body-wide dysfunctional posture in the last 6 months. My body was rotated and twisted like a corckscrew. I had lordosis, flat feet, uneven shoulders asymmetrical skull etc. Due to the automatic compensation that happens when some part of the postural muscle chain is lacking, the grand totality of the imbalance was never particularly visible to the average eye. I acknowledged that my posture was not ideal, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. The more I have straightened myself out the more I've begun to appreciate just how imbalanced my body had been for my whole life. I feel so fit, agile and athletic now. I enjoy moving my body. As for mental changes, I'm slightly calmer and more confident.

I have also been Mewing for the past two years, which has expanded my skull and brought my face forward. This itself has been a long journey with very steep learning curve. In retrospect, I think that it's ideal to open the spine from bottom to up instead of beginning with Mewing. Proper tongue posture seems to become easier and more effective. These days I hear cracks and pops deep in my sinuses all day long as the sutures assume new shapes and positions.

At the moment, I am pretty asymmetrical up to the neck area. Almost every day I discover something additional about my body that guides me towards further symmetry and balance. I feel that it won't take more than a few months from now to finally achieve significant structural changes in the skull.

It would be great to stay in touch with you. There are so few people dedicated at achieving what we're trying to achieve that everyone's input is precious. My acquaintance created a forum for this kind of thing recently, it can be found here The Great Work Community

Prosper

Sometimes it also seems that by resolving one problem area two other areas appear. It can feel like regression, but it just demonstrates how multi-layered the postural compensation really is. The imbalances are built upon each other and combine together into structures that seem self-supporting and balanced, while in reality being anything but. Just take a look at these gifs from Starecta:
scoliosi1.gif

decadimento-scheletro-profilo2.gif

Thoushant

To answer your question about my progress, I have made significant recovery from body-wide dysfunctional posture in the last 6 months. My body was rotated and twisted like a corckscrew. I had lordosis, flat feet, uneven shoulders asymmetrical skull etc. Due to the automatic compensation that happens when some part of the postural muscle chain is lacking, the grand totality of the imbalance was never particularly visible to the average eye. I acknowledged that my posture was not ideal, but I didn't think it was THAT bad. The more I have straightened myself out the more I've begun to appreciate just how imbalanced my body had been for my whole life. I feel so fit, agile and athletic now. I enjoy moving my body. As for mental changes, I'm slightly calmer and more confident.

I'm inspired, You've come far it sounds. I'm treading same steps right now. I lessend my psoas tension and improved the glutes in a similar manner you mentioned. This immedietly improved posture and hip use in skateboarding. I was actually stopped same day people running towards me, looking to buy a skateboard, never happend in years skating. "how you carry yourself" is honestly underappreciated.

I've actually just recently realized the unfathomable amounts of tension my tongue is carrying, really appreciate the lingual link .

It's honestly amazing, I had a comprehensive anatomy course, and it's the usual Netters Atlas of splitting the body into tiny pieces, it's valuable But absolutely no talk, mention of anything about how you ACTUALLY use the body.
Tom Myers uncovered the fascial connections in a DISSECCTION, and you don't hear about it still?? Where's the wiki page?
And really, ancient cultures had it all mapped, 100s of years of process, right in pseudoscience section it goes.

Thank you for the invite, Site looks good, Enso ha. I'm joining, I was honestly looking for a group caring and familair with the subject.

ddjd

hair loss is similr to acne in many ways i think. there can be different underlying causes. My experience: when my yeast infection was at its worst is when i started shedding hair and my hairline actually receeded. i also had dandruff. after i got my infection under control the shedding stopped and hair became thick again. hairline is still an M shape but nowhere near bald.

There are many reports on forums of of men who reversed hairloss and regrew hair from simply using antifungal shampoos.
completely agree with this. ive always thought acne and hair loss stem from the same issue. but i think there are different types of hair loss. i similarly am suffering from MPB but nowhere near bald either. its taken me 5 years but i now know anything that raises serotonin, and therefore histamine/adrenaline, is the key trigger for shedding. I also had dandruff for many years and the only thing thats stopped it and also stopped my hair loss is Vitamin A in the form of retinol acetate. Palmitate does not work - ive tried multiple products. Acetate definitely does work.

beta pandemic, have you noticed itchy scalp alongside your dandruff? this for me is a key indicator that you might have the same serotonin/histamine/adrenaline cause of your hair loss like me. but not everyone who has MPB would have our same issue.

zes

I have also been Mewing for the past two years, which has expanded my skull and brought my face forward. This itself has been a long journey with very steep learning curve. In retrospect, I think that it's ideal to open the spine from bottom to up instead of beginning with Mewing. Proper tongue posture seems to become easier and more effective. These days I hear cracks and pops deep in my sinuses all day long as the sutures assume new shapes and positions.

At the moment, I am pretty asymmetrical up to the neck area. Almost every day I discover something additional about my body that guides me towards further symmetry and balance. I feel that it won't take more than a few months from now to finally achieve significant structural changes in the skull.

It would be great to stay in touch with you. There are so few people dedicated at achieving what we're trying to achieve that everyone's input is precious. My acquaintance created a forum for this kind of thing recently, it can be found here The Great Work Community

I also have an asymmetrical skull/shoulders. My head posture is also leaning to one side. Dear god this might work wonders for me, though it sounds difficult. I have been mewing for 10 months, greatly improved my face with visisble jawline/cheekbones. But I will have read the stuff you posted in detail to see how to go about walking and holding my head properly. As a kid (I'm 20 now) I always walked with my head faced downwards, really bad posture. I try to talk upright now but not consistently.

zes

I have been taking vitamin k2 (10-15mg) for almost a year now. This past year my hair has thinned out so much that I stopped taking k2 recently. I'm not sure if it was due to k2 though. I'm going to try take high doses of Vitamin A and moderate vitamin D (I'm vitamin D deficient) and see how it goes. My skull also grew bigger, the top part mostly. It's very asymmetrical which may be due to my poor spine/head posture not k2. But skull expansion I'm sure it's due to k2. Maybe that's why my hair thinned out so much.

I took taurine (5mg) yesterday and got bad skin rash on my right foot. Anyone else experience this? Heard it's good for hair. I will take it for a week alongside thyroid before I move on to vitamin A/D supplementation to see the effects.

I can't believe my hair thinned out so much over the last 10 few months. If I was 40 years old I wouldn't be as depressed but this is happening at 20 lol. I wear hat sometimes to cover my head.

I have an infrared light device but I know red light is better for hair, I will get one soon.

Prosper

@Thoushant Found this today, seems very related to what you were talking about earlier in this thread http://buism.com/hairloss.html

Then check out this video and notice how the mucsle tone of his frontalis muscle progresses simultaneously as his hair begins to worsen:

I have some minor hairline recession going on that has been accelerating for the past few months. I just tried massaging my eyebrow & forehead area and found extreme soreness and tightness. My forehead also goes to large sausage-like wrinkles if I raise my eyebrows up. Both of these seem to point towards heavily hypertrophied frontalis. This is an intriguing theory. Definitely worth trying for anyone suffering from MPB.

Thoushant

@Prosper
Sites not working, but I think it's the one with the Jaden Smith raising eyebrows centrally right?
There is something to the postural component, but I don't think postural correction alone can alleviate it.
The "Contract forehead centrally" CFC like jaden smith's is related to empathy, feeling another's pain.
The raising eyebrows up can be used for point emphasis(Like a fake surprise), and it's a body language tell of deceiving if often present.
Posture is tightly related to current mood and emotions, this is after spending months just oogling postures, it's so so obvious, and we all react to unconsciously. If Posture aligns with current facial expression of an emotion, there is enhanced recognition. Prison inmates assume defensive posturing, and oxymoron-oly(..) misjudge other inmates defensive posturing for being aggressive.
Fear Anger and basic emotions make you change posture instantly for few seconds, Mood is like collection of current emotions and affect posture more gradually for days at a time. If you can imagine "long term emotional mood" this might start to go into personality territory, which could be described as confidence, "comfortable in own skin" "asocial" "respectful" or whatever, this is what ultimately determines posture.
No one would be able to fight this constantly by hacking it without addressing the emotions. I think big ego stems from the excessive tension from trying excessively to fight this, and creating tension patterns.

The Narcos actor talked about this in a hollywood report roundtables. The way he had to portray Escobar carried with him off the job, and he felt the hostility he portrayed off camera
You go see any Jason Statham movie, the posturing of a mad unstoppable force can't be faked, he has it in him, that's why he can project it in movies. Do you think Jake Gyllenhall(or any other non bald, hard to keep track of..) can portray the same "badassness" as JS? JG would have part of the components sure, but it would be part of a complex display mixed with a lot of sadness and betrayl. Jason will just show pure death and hostility, that simple.

Go see Fences, Denzel Washington is obviously very talented. I was hooked for the first part of it all, but lost interest/ got confused in the last part, you know why? SPOILER he started portraying a very hurt aged socially isolated aggressive alcoholic(I think..) who often spoke with the lower teeth showing(google search bodylanguagesucces lower teeth and find the post with Le Pon). But it didn't have any impact watching it(You start to go Wut why you be like that man, stahp), his posturing wasn't alligned with this extreme mood. If his posture aligned you would see the caged animal in his behavior, and why he can't behave any other way. He doesn't have it in him(or more wisely tries to walk a fine line of not falling in it). Bald people have that in them, Ultimately it's related to pervieved social stress. Substance P, ACTH, Neuropeptides, sensory neurons etc.

Does Hairline regression run in you family? A teacher mentioned in talking that athletes often have widows peaks indicative of the inflammation of their field.
If it's the recent months it's been worse, than you can track the big change couple months prior to that. Is there a body area you have put extra focus on mainting tone in? I think a good posture, you're not supposed to be aware of any muscular activity, it's just you head floating. A lot can change the position, but try to draw you hyoid bone in and up(digastric muscle), and while maintaing that, relax tongue and jaw. After some minutes see if the balding skin becomes more feeling to the touch(sensitive is not even the right word, skin is supposed to send signals of touch, balding areas are numbb). (EDIT: It's like you can feel something, a finger, is on the skin in balding, but when in "healthy" state, you can feel the amount of pressures applied, the torque of the pressure, <1mm movements) If that's the case, I think it could indicate something with the the whole front neck "hanging" off the scalp. Otherwise, try different areas of the neck, and judge by the skin touch of the balding area, 4 minutes I think is a good amount for metabolism to adjust.
The digastric thing helps me, but pushes my head and neck in an ungodly position, I can't allow myself to walk with socially. I think it's indicative of all the muscles imbalanced in the neck, so it's only a clue for where it's wrong, shouldn't be maintained. stretching tightness is the way to go to achieve the balance.

Last edited:

Thoushant

@JDreamer

You know what the funny part is? Our close relatives, apes have a mechanical function of M occipitalis Galea and M Frontalis: difference between them and humans is m frontalis in apes directly attaches to the brow ridge and is the main group of muscles to lift the head. This is stated directly in the occiptofrontalis wiki

M frontalis(and other facial muscles for that matter) is a mix of fast twitch and slow twitch fibers. Slow twitch is what conveys unconscious emotional expression, and is outside of our voluntary will. What is in our conscious control is the fast twitch fibers. Hair loss is emotional. I might as well say it now, and russell all y'all feathers... It's not sadness or anger, it's a very dark hostile emotion towards your social circle, and this explains the neurotic tendencies, balding people are constantly on the verge of breaking social norm due to different from of displaying anger, contempt and hostility, and have to keep adjusting not to be offcast, if anything the guilt and shame is a protective mechanism keeping us sane.
It's way more complex than that when it comes to emotion, why would a balding person feel that way? Nature, Nurture, family upbringing, personality traits etc

The armoring of balding Danny Roddy talks about, the toothy smile. In all animals, showing teeth is hostile. In apes and humans it's appearently friendly. Probably friendly when not overdone, toothy however is a whole different message

Further proof: Some tribes in africa don't lose hair, indian americans didn't lose hair "back then", but they scalped to shame.
These tribes have very long serious initiation ceromonies into adulthood. From family men dressing up and scaring a kid for a week before introducing him back to society as an adult, to very long painful process of tattoos in certain body parts, where all the community participates

Current modern society? Sure body, your about to adult, go to the church for a month, eat a cookie indicative of Jesus' body and look forward to getting a bunch of gifts! welcome to adulthood

Wagner83

Since upping my protein intake I've shed a lot of hair, that's just 90-110 grams of proteins from animal sources on top of whatever is found in starch. It could be also correlated with the estroban I used. If hair loss is not immediate then I don't know.

You guys just reminded me of this website I came across a long time ago. I've used the chin firming exercises for some time and they've worked well for me. There's a scalp exercise too and it's supposed to help with hair growth. It's too long to post here so I'll just include the link and the introductory paragraph.

Exercise Five - Shape Your Face

Introduction
This exercise for the scalp muscles is an effective one for lifting the eyebrows and giving a general lift to the whole upper face. But it is an exceptionally hard exercise for most women to learn and to do correctly. Men seem to have an easier time learning it. This page is going to be long because the scalp exercise (SE) will entail a lot of explanation.

The learning process would be straightforward if the scalp muscles at the back of the head were easy to control. They are not. These muscles, the occipitalis muscles, are technically voluntary but people usually have lost control of them. When they are not used they get small (they atrophy), almost to the point of disappearing. The task now is to regain control of them, to tone them up, and to make them stronger. I think the following suggestions will lessen the difficulty in gaining control of these stubborn occipitalis muscles.

First, a bit of trivia. Twice as many men compared to women can wiggle their ears. This has significance. If a man or a woman can wiggle the ears, it means that there is contraction of the muscles at the back of the head. These are the muscles that must be alternately contracted with the muscles at the front of the head during the scalp exercise.

And this too...

No Lines
As you can see from my photo, I have no vertical or horizontal lines on my forehead. I started doing the scalp exercise because of a hair loss problem when I was 19. I'm now ancient. My hair grew back after 8 months on the exercise. But I got the additional benefit of maintaining a wrinkle-free forehead as I got older.

primimage.jpg

(This photo was taken with the sun in my face - the harshest kind of lighting. No Photoshop. No horizontal lines.)

EDIT: Looks like this guy also has a website dedicated specifically to hairloss Home - Hair Loss Is Reversible

Last edited:
@JDreamerHair loss is emotional. I might as well say it now, and russell all y'all feathers... It's not sadness or anger, it's a very dark hostile emotion towards your social circle, and this explains the neurotic tendencies, balding people are constantly on the verge of breaking social norm due to different from of displaying anger, contempt and hostility, and have to keep adjusting not to be offcast, if anything the guilt and shame is a protective mechanism keeping us sane.

Whoa... dude.. I think you're right.

Thoushant

@Thoushant

Then check out this video and notice how the mucsle tone of his frontalis muscle progresses simultaneously as his hair begins to worsen:

Just got a working VPN, this video is invaluable and demonstrates what every balding person psyche is going through, if you care to look.
The emotional change started very early, it's like he was shocked one day and didn't recover. It stayed and lingered in his mind, you can see it in his eyes.
Early teen: Soft eyelids covering some of the pupil(iris? I dont even know) SHOCK eyes wide open. Late teen you can see the accustational stare.
If you were to translate the emotoins he's convying through the years? It starts off accusing, and the eye brows raising is showcasing the disbelief, this is still going on(Raising eyebrows, closing lids is trying to emotionally comprehend what just happend). Look at the intensity he is staring at you.
It's like he is caugt, but accusing you. + Emotionally check out somehow, PTSD
This is the main reason for hair loss, and I can see it in every baling person, specially if its recent, they are young. The eyes aren't liquidy/dreamy/relaxed, it's ******* tensed and he has met his doomsday, you can see it in every political interview, get "video speed controller" slow it down to 0.6 and see the subtle eye movement, THERE IS NONE in balding, It's like a PTSD thousand yard stare, but it's directed at whoever is recieving.

You guys just reminded me of this website I came across a long time ago. I've used the chin firming exercises for some time and they've worked well for me. There's a scalp exercise too and it's supposed to help with hair growth. It's too long to post here so I'll just include the link and the introductory paragraph.

Exercise Five - Shape Your Face

First, a bit of trivia. Twice as many men compared to women can wiggle their ears. This has significance. If a man or a woman can wiggle the ears, it means that there is contraction of the muscles at the back of the head. These are the muscles that must be alternately contracted with the muscles at the front of the head during the scalp exercise.

(This photo was taken with the sun in my face - the harshest kind of lighting. No Photoshop. No horizontal lines.)

The wiggle ears are besides the ear muscles, m occipitalis, the other side of m frontalis.
This is my experience when I'm startled: This muscle tightens up A LOT very fast, and is otherwise the only time it activates(Also in happiness, but hard in toothy smile!)
Startle, just like a raindeer who hears a crack in the woods.
Conan O Brein does the wiggle scalp thing, I think it has stopped him from balding, if anything the awareness of the area might push you to experience whatever emotion is stuck there.

Attachments

• AGA progress.jpg
    AGA progress.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 33

Thoushant

I got carried away today, phew I have a headache.
I don't want to understate this though, it's crucial to manage your mental health for hair loss. Thyroid, Cortisol bla bla bla it's all regulated by your outlook on life, even Ray Peat acknowledge this(Playful attitude, boredom etc). Pubmed "stress" "hair follicle" etc.
Bullied children have higher DHT levels than peers, you could say "yeah DHT raises with cortisol", I think it's indicative that emotions and intent can change your hormone level to mach your desires( a bullied person have a boiling rage + other heavy emotions under the calm surface, it's there, even if he/she fully denies and believes not having such feelings)

Jung was very insightful, and recently Jordan B peterson in talking about his theories. "The Shadow". it's your subconcious working, your not aware of it, but it guides you. If you don't acknowledge an aspect of your self, you don't have control of it, and it will control you through impulses.

At the end of the day, it's just emotions though, it might suck for 3 months going through them, but I sure as hell would prefer to throw ***t out, than keep it locked in.

It's a complex topic, because the emotional "trigger" could be different for everybody, and everyone would explain an emotional event in a different light, depending on what their values, beliefs etc might be, so it's hard to find a unifying emotion to fit it.

But I fully believe past emotions are stuck in your body through biochemical feedback loops and fascial tension. It's luckily not too complicated as in the emotion you express the most, or the emotion you try to run from the most, is where you usually have parked your car(or w/e lol)

Buddhism, Lao Tzo and eastern philosphies all can help, in they push you to just accept an emotion, just acknowledging it's there is usually enough for it to not be a problem anymore.

Keep a journal of your emotions, your thoughts, your intentions, your motivation. Questions whatever aspect that is giving you trouble socially and don't be affraid to take responsibility, why do I do X, whenever someone does Y. or why do most people do Y when I do X. Realize you might have a very weird value system, not many share around you, or you might be acting out of hurt ego, or you succesfully identified a new value you weren't aware you were fond of before. Eventually you will start "reconnecting" becoming more aware of emotions, and what their deal right here and now is about, you will feel more subtle facial expression, you didn't know you did before.
.. And in the while changing bitterness, contempt, extreme disillusional beliefs for hopeful messages obviously..
Emotionalcompetency, Karla Mclaren, "emotional wheel" are good resources for the complex inner works of how to human. cheers

Prosper

Sites not working, but I think it's the one with the Jaden Smith raising eyebrows centrally right?
Yeah that's the one, the link works as ".htm" instead of ".html" which I added after accidentally backspacing the extension out.

If it's the recent months it's been worse, than you can track the big change couple months prior to that. Is there a body area you have put extra focus on mainting tone in?

I've been tensing and flexing my facial & neck muscles in all kinds of directions in order to get the sleeping inactive muscles to spasm and to eventually return under conscious control. This has included raising the eyebrows up forcefully while stretching the mouth wide open and pushing the tongue far out, and now in the light of what I've learned ITT I suspect doing so has stiffened the frontalis muscle and led to some shedding. Nevertheless, I'm going to continue working on my posture, skull structure and massaging the frontalis until the soreness goes away. Perhaps this will grow some hairs back, perhaps it will not. Doesn't matter that much.

Jung's and Reich's work on emotional armoring are interesting and make plenty of sense. As for me, I'm very empty emotionally. Not in a negative way though. They have always been a minor part of my life. But it's relatively easy to let them surface when something triggers them. Keeping a journal about emotions, sensations and experiences feels extremely offputting. I just don't operate that way. I have sufficient level of self-awareness to effectively deal with things as they arise.

What do you mean by not allowing yourself to walk socially while keeping the diagastric muscles engaged? Does your jaw disappear into the neck, making you look like a cretin?

Thoushant

@Prosper If baldness doesn't run in your family I don't think your in the high of risk of this emotional turmoil anyway.

There's lots of ways of saying it, but anger can mask hurt and fear. Ego defences rationalization, projecting etc etc can all make your emotional experience different than what might be truly going on, this affect a lot of people, not balding only.
So journaling sounds hard, but you'll eventually uncover most groundwork and can get away with one line note on why you felt extra guilty for the day fx. what really motivated you to do X or not do X. The generally feeling empty might be a result of an emotion, you don't want to deal with.. But it's more about mood, so you have to ask what your reasons for preferring to be empty are. Is it safer this way? Do people budge their nose in? etc etc
For behavior, it's merely about noticing why and when you become extra defensive, or have to explain your self too much, stuff like that.
Get "video speed controller" and watch Graham Norton Show, Hollywood report roundtables, slow it down to 0.6-0.7 and notice the eye movement of balds, the jaw use when they speak, the general posture they are in, the dominance displays.

I have so much tension in hyoid muscles(and general airway), that my digasticus reaches a point, where seemingly I can't move the hyoid more up and back, BUT instead the digastric(mastoid part) end up being a guide, to where I should rotate my head to. I think the implication is the muscle is in a lengthend weak state, due to the general shift of insertion and origin.
This reminds me of the qoute you posted: It's rotation fighting gravity, not active holding.

The problem now is this makes me aware of general poor posture allowing my face to be noticeable degrees above horizon and unparalleled. If, hyperkyphosis and neck hyperlordosis. It doesn't push my jaw in, but there might be an increase in deep bite with an increase in "jaw length" to the hyoid, I'm not trustful of that indicating anything, most muscles are tensed here anyway.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals