Novak Đoković And His Diet

bromuda

Looks very healthy, good hairline. Even though tennis is very taxing on the body and his diet contains a lot of fiber and pufas.

J

jb116

Same ole story. I don't really care about the diet patterns or "nutritional advices" of individuals under 35, and actually trust more around 40 and up. Not to say all 40 and up know definitively. Revisit him in about 10 years, he'll probably have metabolic issues just as well.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

Looks very healthy, good hairline. Even though tennis is very taxing on the body and his diet contains a lot of fiber and pufas.
yes, he is so healthy that he can be even the best in the world...
he wasnt before... cutting out gluten and dairy helped...

RobertJM

His opponent today was Roger Federer who is 37. I bet Federer eats a diet of something similar in nature. And he played a five hour marathon ‘match of lions’ against Djokovic today. It was a real brutal scrap between two. Quite amazing how a 37 year old that probably eats quite a bit of PUFA has that sort of stamina, yet me (also at 37), who eats correctly (apparently) and has been vigorously reducing PUFA in my tissues for five years cannot even run 100 meters without feeling like I am about to die (hence I don’t do it lol).

Maybe these sportsman just have something in-built in them that makes them way more resilient than the guys (like me) who hang around on this forum. I guess we’re the unlucky ones (health wise).

I also don’t think Djokovic’s age is anything to be scoffed at. He’s 32, which isn’t young for a tennis player. Most players are declining by this age. Especially at the incredible intensity that Djokovic, Nadal (who is mid to late 30’s too) and Federer play at. What’s their secret?

Maybe they are all taking things ‘discreetly’ which doesn’t flag up on modern screenings for things. Not saying they are cheats, but it wouldn’t surprise if most sportsman are taking things to enhance their careers and performances (which don’t show up on tests).

gaze

His opponent today was Roger Federer who is 37. I bet Federer eats a diet of something similar in nature. And he played a five hour marathon ‘match of lions’ against Djokovic today. It was a real brutal scrap between two. Quite amazing how a 37 year old that probably eats quite a bit of PUFA has that sort of stamina, yet me (also at 37), who eats correctly (apparently) and has been vigorously reducing PUFA in my tissues for five years cannot even run 100 meters without feeling like I am about to die (hence I don’t do it lol).

Maybe these sportsman just have something in-built in them that makes them way more resilient than the guys (like me) who hang around on this forum. I guess we’re the unlucky ones (health wise).

I also don’t think Djokovic’s age is anything to be scoffed at. He’s 32, which isn’t young for a tennis player. Most players are declining by this age. Especially at the incredible intensity that Djokovic, Nadal (who is mid to late 30’s too) and Federer play at. What’s their secret?

Maybe they are all taking things ‘discreetly’ which doesn’t flag up on modern screenings for things. Not saying they are cheats, but it wouldn’t surprise if most sportsman are taking things to enhance their careers and performances (which don’t show up on tests).

Actually Federer eats more italian/european style. Pasta before meals always, lots of chocolate, dishes with heavy cream and fruit, eggs. he always looks very relaxed and classy, must be the swiss chocolate.

gaze

I think avoidance of trans fats/oxidized oils will take you a long way. most famous athletes up until 10 years ago ate pretty crappy, and always ate out at restaurants and fast food because they were always on the road. Nowadays nutrition has become more important, but I think athletes of previous generations got away with eating crap because of the high amount of caloric output so pufas don’t get stored, but that’s also the reason why the majority get fat post retirement because they’re heart rates are at like 50.

Waremu

To be fair, due to his active lifestyle, he is most likely minimizing the effects of PUFA and endotoxin to some degree via exercise. I came from years of doing a similar diet before I found Peat, and did notice benefits, but the long term effects of PUFA from a lot of the nuts and seeds really caught up with me. My digestion was awful. My body temperature was consistently low and I was always the coldest one in the room. His diet is healthier than the way many people today eat, and it has a decent amount of nutrition in it, including carbs, so many people will notice short and medium term benefits on such a diet. He gets plenty of exercise, sun, probably has a easier life than a majority of people, assuming he is paid well, so all those things will help contribute to less stress and better health as well. This is also assuming he doesn't use any under-the-table/illegal substances to speed up recovery and help performance. Those things probably help offset the PUFA effects in his diet to some degree. But I'm not convinced nuts and seeds, for the most part, are foods to rely upon long term however. Also, one could easily do a Peat version of this diet with a few minor tweaks and it would probably be healthier. Use cod and other low PUFA white fish and shell fish as protein, leafy safer greens like Bok Choy for calcium, replace all nuts and seeds by using coconut and chocolate instead. (If one really wanted nuts, they could use some macademia nuts which are one of the lowest PUFA nuts, but I don't think they have anything nutritionally that other foods have so I don't feel nuts are essential food). This would emulate a more tropical-island diet, similar to those seen in parts of Asia, etc. But ultimately everyone has to listen to their bodies and experiment to see what makes them feel best (sustained energy, healthy body temp., good sleep, etc.).

Last edited:

Dobbler

Well he eats some carbs, id say around 200g. Other than that, his diet is mostly PUFAs and grains. I don't see any benefits what so ever to eat his diet.

teds

Forum Supporter
Same ole story. I don't really care about the diet patterns or "nutritional advices" of individuals under 35, and actually trust more around 40 and up. Not to say all 40 and up know definitively. Revisit him in about 10 years, he'll probably have metabolic issues just as well.
Thing is with someone like this, ‘metabolic issues’ probably won’t looks like ‘getting fat’.. society doesn’t really see it as anything else.. but yes, I agree with you.

matisvijs

I think having a low-stress, healthy birth and childhood, in addition to PED use (which nearly all pro-athletes are on) will help you be healthy/fit in adulthood, even if you consume a less than an ideal diet. The opposite is also true, even if you consume a PUFA-less diet.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

I see now, serena wiliams is also no1, and plant based...

ddjd

even if he ate shitloads of pufa and sat in front of a computer for the last 30 years that hairline would be exactly the same. its genes

ddjd

Well he eats some carbs, id say around 200g. Other than that, his diet is mostly PUFAs and grains. I don't see any benefits what so ever to eat his diet.
he eats a lot of dates during matches for the sugar content

schultz

If I take ephedrine I can work out all freaking day and feel like a demi-god. No food required :cool

LeeLemonoil

I see now, serena wiliams is also no1, and plant based...

Williams was exposed to enjoy a lot of officialy approved medical exemptions to treat her alleged asthma and other ailments.
But that’s not doping, no sir.

Viva Djokovic. To me, the GOAT. He got the better of Nadal and Federer both when they were still in their prime and now during their second coming.

OP
Dino D

Dino D

If I take ephedrine I can work out all freaking day and feel like a demi-god. No food required :cool
Once i took ephedrine, aspirine and cofein, what a day :)))
I got superpowers one day adter doing a prune juice flush, went 10x on the toilete and then felt lile air... no jointpain or any stifnes, i was super light like there was no gravity and that day i played sport with no effort... it was 100% a different body and metabolism...
Ah...
Now i feel heavy and tired and stiff, most of the time

dreamcatcher

The reason you feel that way because of your current diet. I followed RP for over 5 years. (I also have about 200 emails from him..just saying.)
I eat a similar diet to this guy now..PUFAs are good in moderation when they come from whole foods- plus lower fructose intake- that's only my personal opinion. You know what's best for you.

LUH 3417

The reason you feel that way because of your current diet. I followed RP for over 5 years. (I also have about 200 emails from him..just saying.)
I eat a similar diet to this guy now..PUFAs are good in moderation when they come from whole foods- plus lower fructose intake- that's only my personal opinion. You know what's best for you.
Can you describe your diet?

He has book also :)
Here’s What Novak Djokovic Eats In A Day
What do you think?
Seems to me like a high PUFA diet, even if it's from natural foods. The amount of fructose is also, IMO, too small, especially for an athlete. I hope he's taking a calcium supplement, because erasing dairy from his diet without eating copious amonuts of bok choy or other high calcium greens or supplementing with the mineral and hoping that things turn out fine is wishful thinking. The amount of calories is likely too small for an athlete, considering that he doesn't seem to eat much fat. Finally his saturated fat intake is very low, since it seems like he avoids it and tries to only eat "safe"( read toxic) fats. Since playing tennis is such a demanding task, he should probably look into these factors and other ones too, lest his health collapse in the near future.