haidut

Forum Supporter
I just wanted to post this here, as it seems interest in raising NAD is high among pharma companies. While nicotinamide riboside is the most popular precursor used in the Western world, nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN) is another one that has been used clinically. This clinical trial below, already underway in Japan, will test the effects of 6-month NMN administration on a long list of biomarkers related to mitochondrial function, steroid synthesis, and anti-aging. Interestingly, the doses used are quite in line with what Peat recommends for niacinamide. The higher dose in the trial will be 200mg NMN daily.
So, it would be interesting to see what results this produces as it would suggest the same can be achieved with niacinamide supplementation.

To Accelerate Research on Anti-aging and Age-related Disease, In Light of the Near Future of a Super-aging Society, Notice of Transfer of Hakushindo Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. Shares
"...Hakushindo Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd. (head office: Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, CEO Daizo Shimamura) provided research funding to the Project Research Center For Clinical Trials and Preventative Medicine at the Hiroshima University Graduate School of Biomedical & Health Sciences to carry out the world's first clinical study regarding long-term (24 weeks) oral intake of NMN (β-nicotinamide mononucleotide). The name of the trial is: Evaluation of the effects of long-term ingestion of nicotinamide mononucleotide (NMN). The purpose of the trial is to confirm an increase in rejuvenating hormones, activation of mitochondria, and to confirm the emergence of sirtuin genes 1 and 2."

|NIPH Clinical Trials Search
"...Intervention(s) (1) Subjects receive 100 mg/day of NMN for 24 weeks. (2) Subjects receive 200 mg/day of NMN for 24 weeks."

"...i) Serum or plasma concentration of the following parameters at baseline, weeks 4, 8, 12, 18, and 24. *Thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) *Free triiodothyronine (Free T3) *Free thyroxine (Free T4) *Growth hormone (GH) *Prolactin *Parathyroid hormone (PTH) *Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate (DHEA-S) *Estradiol (E2) *Testosterone *Calcitonin *Adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH) *Arginine vasopressin (AVP) *Cortisol *Aldosterone *Ghrelin *Inhibin *Melatonin ii) Mitochondria activity in leucocyte at baseline and week 24. iii) Sirt1 and Sirt2 gene expressions in leucocyte at baseline and week 24."

Mauritio

Bump
Any updates on this trial ?

LeeLemonoil

Results were beyond expectations and are already with authorities worldwide - they’ll come out with a ban on B3-derivates soon.

Mauritio

Results were beyond expectations and are already with authorities worldwide - they’ll come out with a ban on B3-derivates soon.
Is that your guess or do you know this ?

cupofcoffee

David Sinclair's company is also testing a (patentable, of course) nad+ precursor with the US military.

People around here understandably might not have a good view of Sinclair and the current "longevity" community but i think the increasing public awareness of anti-aging research is a net positive. There is also seem to be a growing interest in energy metabolism so go big pharma:D

Mauritio

David Sinclair's company is also testing a (patentable, of course) nad+ precursor with the US military.

People around here understandably might not have a good view of Sinclair and the current "longevity" community but i think the increasing public awareness of anti-aging research is a net positive. There is also seem to be a growing interest in energy metabolism so go big pharma:D
Yeah I'm kind of surprised that they're actually pushing something useful for once .

When you're used to SSRI's and PUFA beeing pushed that's a positive thing.

Although I dont trust it , I feel like theres a catch to it .

The good thing is they can't patent niacinamide since it's a vitamin .
They can patent new forms of it ,like they did with b6 and I think there was plans for biotin as well.

cupofcoffee

Yeah I'm kind of surprised that they're actually pushing something useful for once .

When you're used to SSRI's and PUFA beeing pushed that's a positive thing.

Although I dont trust it , I feel like theres a catch to it .

The good thing is they can't patent niacinamide since it's a vitamin .
They can patent new forms of it ,like they did with b6 and I think there was plans for biotin as well.
my guess is that there is a strong push by aging billionaires to find a "cure" of aging, although many don't say it publicly. And don't forget it's create a massive new market for a possible "longevity" cocktail of drugs so it's in their best interest to exploit this massive cash-cow :)

LeeLemonoil

@Mauritio and @GenericName86

No, just a lousy joke.

Sinclair is another lousy joke. And yes, Billionaires and corrupt „top“-scientists in top-university departments and companies do both hidden research and even publications misleading stuff on purpose, that I determined beyond my doubt the last 2 years.

In any case the broad mainstream research catches up to energy and metabolism and how fundamentally it is to many pathologies and phenomena.

I personally like the research about plain old Niacin more than Niacinamid though.
And always remember that NAD+ can be used by cancer cells, pathogens and senescent cells too!

Mauritio

@Mauritio and @GenericName86

No, just a lousy joke.

Sinclair is another lousy joke. And yes, Billionaires and corrupt „top“-scientists in top-university departments and companies do both hidden research and even publications misleading stuff on purpose, that I determined beyond my doubt the last 2 years.

In any case the broad mainstream research catches up to energy and metabolism and how fundamentally it is to many pathologies and phenomena.

I personally like the research about plain old Niacin more than Niacinamid though.
And always remember that NAD+ can be used by cancer cells, pathogens and senescent cells too!
Yes I've read that too . Nad increases pancreatic cancer in a study via increasing the iflamamtory molecules secreted by senescent cells .
NAD plus an occasional senolytic might be optimal.