Need Help Regarding Doctor's Advice

Bart1

Hi, I'm experiencing almost all of the hypothyroid symptoms, I have low temps and heart rate (heart rate even now in hot summer does not come over 65 when I sit and measure).

I've been to a endocrinologist here in the Netherlands. My TSH was 2.0 and he said there is nothing wrong with my thyroid although I explained him all the symptoms I have and talk about low heart rate and low temps etc. He also measured a lot of other hormones, for instance my prolactine is in the upper part of the reference range as well as my morning cortisol.

I also told him I feel discomfort in my throat, he briefly looked and said there's nothing to see, and that I should not worry about my thyroid. Now the problem is he sent me home and will call me in one month (on holiday), because he was waiting for an igf1 result, but I'm experiencing more and more swelling of my thyroid as wel as more hypo symptoms. I have a hard time swallowing and my Adam's apple is skewed to one side a bit. It is not yet extreme but I feel it and I experience discomfort.

I want an medical ultrasound to exclude cancer, but I don't think he will help me with it.

now the big dilemma should I wait and let my health detoriate further or should I start experimenting with some thyroid? I'm almost not able to work, and my social life is non existent, my relation is under pressure because of this. I don't know if my TSH will ever cross 6, or if my goiter will get big enough for him to do an ultrasound. But if I start self medicating and my goiter shrinks but it's cancerous I will never find out ?

Lurker

I wouldn’t wait on the doctor. Start your research on diet, supplements, and drugs that help your situation. Peat has mentioned simple things like decreasing pufa, increasing your calcium to phosphate ratio, red light theapy and frequent micro doses of T3 all can help as long as you support higher metabolism with adequate nutrition.

And if it were me, I would avoid cancer diagnosis and treatment like the plague.

Vinero

I agree with Lurker. There are lots of things you can do to improve your metabolism other than taking thyroid hormone. I have never taken thyroid hormone and still improved my health massively. Start eating high protein (120-150 gr) a day, high sugar, low-PUFA, high calcium, caffeine, aspirin etc.

OP
B

Bart1

thanks for the advice. I agree, I have started trying to implement a more Peat inspired diet. I learn everyday and really am surprised how difficult it is to avoid PUFA in your diet!

My current diet looks like this, but as of late I'm experiencing weight loss/muscle loss, I think I don't eat enough yet, but it is very difficult to find things to eat which are filling and fit within the peat diet... Is it ok to use cane sugar as extra carb source? Weight loss can also be a sign of getting rid of some water retention I had.

Breakfast:
OJ+Milk+ (Collagen/Bone broth protein) + cane sugar, salt, strawberries/cherries , 1 egg
Lunch: one melon, mostly honeydew, some cottage cheese

Somewhere carrot salad with coconut oil

Try to eat grapes/more melon, apple sauce with a boiled egg en some coconut oil

In the evening I eat with my girlfriend. Things I try there is to avoid PUFA as much as possible and avoid gluten. Mostly some meat or fish (not the fatty ones)/shrimp, some starch gluten free.

I drink 2-3 coffee with sugar and milk between meals.

I take the following supplements:

Energin, Tocovit, Vitamin D,K2 (next bottle will be estroban to add Vitamin A). Aspirin, Taurine, glycine. Sometime some zinc and selenium because I seem to be deficient in that (white spots on nails, disappear with zinc).
This week started with pansterone, which seem to help with energy, libido and dizziness.

So only thing I want to try next is thyroid.. I ordered tyronene (day) and tyromix (evening)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals