My Low Dose Progesterone Experience (so Far)

Dhair

I have been using low dose progesterone, no more than 10mg orally, for about a week or two. I am also using DHEA and low dose androsterone. I was using 11-keto-dht, but decided to cycle off in favor of androsterone because I wanted more sedative effects.
Anyway, the progesterone has given me a profound change in consciousness. I feel the serotonin antagonism very strongly. It's difficult to describe, but the world seems more "grounded" in my line of sight, and the sky seems much more expansive when I look at it. This specific anti-serotonin feeling has never been as consistent with anything else. I also breath much deeper and slower through my nose. It's a strange feeling, but I like it. I guess I am producing more CO2.
I think this is playing a huge part in healing the potentially neurodegenerative conditions that were put in place by finasteride and Levaquin. I sincerely hope that this continues. I hope that I'm not speaking too soon.
I was using pregnenolone as well, but it seemed to cause long lasting depersonalization, and I felt that I was spinning out of control again. I know that there has been some discussion about DHEA mitigating the potentially stressful biphasic effects of allopreg conversion from progesterone and pregnenolone, so perhaps I can fold that back in at some point in the future. The DHEA does seem to take away any potential detrimental mental effects of the progesterone. Presumably, combing with a strong androgen can amplify this effect. For now, this is what is working.
When I take a high dose, the world does seem to take on a feeling of "unreality," like everything is flat with harsh lighting. I don't know what this means, but it is a bit disconcerting. Even when this happens, people and things still seem to flow more freely.
I hope I don't sound like a complete nutcase. I think the progesterone has had such powerful effects on me because these poisonous pharma drugs really did a number on my brain.
My question is, how long can I keep this up for? Should I have a fear of build-up? I know that Ray has recommended progesterone for reversing the underlying pathology of multiple sclerosis. I assume that there are (male) MS sufferers who have used progesterone to great benefit without serious side effects? Ray has also said that most of pregnenolone's benefits are due to the progesterone conversion.
I'm confused by my experience , but I am happy to have found something consistent (so far). Does anyone have thoughts/answers to my questions?

Last edited:

cyclops

Cool man, hope it continues. Why did u decide take the progesterone orally instead of topically? I think it was mentioned on here that it is probably better for a man to take it topically.

OP
D

Dhair

Cool man, hope it continues. Why did u decide take the progesterone orally instead of topically? I think it was mentioned on here that it is probably better for a man to take it topically.
I am using Idealabs progestene, and from what I understand, it is much more powerful topically with either DMSO or SFA esters, and I don't want to end up getting 100mg concentration in the blood instead of just 10mg orally. Haidut said that the potentiation with topical application applies to almost any hormone supplement that he sells.

cyclops

I am using Idealabs progestene, and from what I understand, it is much more powerful topically with either DMSO or SFA esters, and I don't want to end up getting 100mg concentration in the blood instead of just 10mg orally. Haidut said that the potentiation with topical application applies to almost any hormone supplement that he sells.

I wonder if all of haduit's dmso products should be x10 when applied on skin... or just some of them? I think I've read conflicting info on this.

Anyhow, couldn't you put less product on your skin to get just 10mg though?

OP
D

Dhair

I wonder if all of haduit's dmso products should be x10 when applied on skin... or just some of them? I think I've read conflicting info on this.

Anyhow, couldn't you put less product on your skin to get just 10mg though?
Yes, but that's where things get confusing. It's sometimes difficult do judge the dose just going by how I feel. When I used 10mg topically, that's when I got the feeling of unreality that I was describing. But if I take it orally, I only get the anto-serotonin feelings. Maybe I will try to recreate it topically with DHEA.

brix

Yes, but that's where things get confusing. It's sometimes difficult do judge the dose just going by how I feel. When I used 10mg topically, that's when I got the feeling of unreality that I was describing. But if I take it orally, I only get the anto-serotonin feelings. Maybe I will try to recreate it topically with DHEA.
Haidut is about to release a dhea+progesterone supplement

marsaday

I am probably the only male using progesterone long term on this board. It will be 3 yrs next april.

It has made a huge difference to my life and if i stop taking it i start to struggle again.

You are using the highest amount a male should use per day and i think longer term less will be better. I use 6mcg per day and use Ray Peats ProgestE oil on the skin. A much better product than haiduts.

I take thyroid hormones and the progesterone has improved the uptake of T3 a lot. So much so that my TSH is no longer suppressed and hovers around 0.3. This is a great result and shows what progesterone can do.

My progesterone bottle lasts for over 2 years. I decided to buy a new one this summer just in case the product has a shelf life and still had 1/4 left. So for $40 it is money well spent.

B

Braveheart

I am probably the only male using progesterone long term on this board. It will be 3 yrs next april.

It has made a huge difference to my life and if i stop taking it i start to struggle again.

You are using the highest amount a male should use per day and i think longer term less will be better. I use 6mcg per day and use Ray Peats ProgestE oil on the skin. A much better product than haiduts.

I take thyroid hormones and the progesterone has improved the uptake of T3 a lot. So much so that my TSH is no longer suppressed and hovers around 0.3. This is a great result and shows what progesterone can do.

My progesterone bottle lasts for over 2 years. I decided to buy a new one this summer just in case the product has a shelf life and still had 1/4 left. So for $40 it is money well spent.

Peat uses 15mg progesterone and 5mg dhea

B

Braveheart

topically, from recent email...remember he is 80 and I'm 72...I think not daily, but whenever he feels he needs it?

Matt607

Anyway, the progesterone has given me a profound change in consciousness. I feel the serotonin antagonism very strongly. It's difficult to describe, but the world seems more "grounded" in my line of sight, and the sky seems much more expansive when I look at it. This specific anti-serotonin feeling has never been as consistent with anything else. I also breath much deeper and slower through my nose. It's a strange feeling, but I like it. I guess I am producing more CO2.

I have experienced very similar feelings to what you're describing while taking pregnenolone. I'm assuming this is mostly due to the progesterone conversion. I'm telling everyone who will listen because I want them to experience it as well.

hang loose

@marsaday
That sounds great!
Please, could you describe what the „ huge difference“ is in terms of how progesterone has helped you?

marsaday

topically, from recent email...remember he is 80 and I'm 72...I think not daily, but whenever he feels he needs it?

So this is really misinformation and you shouldn't be stating stuff like this because someone will read it and become unwell.

So RP actually sporadically doses with progesterone which is a huge difference to every day.

But his dose is 15mcg.

Arnold Grape

If you're a man, is 10 mg actually 'low dose'? IME Progesterone will reach a cumulative effect, during which time you will achieve a sum total experience. That was my take on this anyway (1 drop daily of Progest-E), which had oft-experienced anesthesia type effects. Kind of cool, but it made my body look like ***t.

marsaday

@marsaday
That sounds great!
Please, could you describe what the „ huge difference“ is in terms of how progesterone has helped you?

It just makes me well. I have hypothyroidism and thyroid meds help as you would expect BUT i never had full energy until a used progesterone. It is obviously aiding the cortisol / DHEA balance by providing more cortisol and so freeing up DHEA. These hormones need to be in balance for us to be healthy. So i imagine this is what prog is doing.

Hypothyroid patients are very often low in DHEA and cortisol because the body is over using cortisol to compensate for low thyroid hormone. Even when you take thyroid hormone it can still be difficult to correct this issue. Prog helps hands down. I tried pregnenalone and hydrocortisone over the years but these just don't do the same job.

marsaday

If you're a man, is 10 mg actually 'low dose'? IME Progesterone will reach a cumulative effect, during which time you will achieve a sum total experience. That was my take on this anyway (1 drop daily of Progest-E), which had oft-experienced anesthesia type effects. Kind of cool, but it made my body look like ***t.

I think men and women make approx 20mg per day. So you want to be using the lowest dose to top up production.

IF you react badly to 1 drop = 3mg then obviously your body doesn't need it.

cyclops

[QUOTE="marsaday, post: 294065, member: 2552" But his dose is 15mcg.[/QUOTE]

mcg?

cyclops

I have been using low dose progesterone, no more than 10mg orally, for about a week or two. I am also using DHEA and low dose androsterone.

How much DHEA and androsterone are you using?