My Life Sucks. ADD, Autism, Asperger

Motif

i only have an ADD diagnosis, but I think ADD/Autism would be more proper.

From early age on I was shy, insecure, couldn’t concentrate and focus, always struggled with school and later work.
I even can’t keep my apartment clean.
Stuff like this is beyond me.
I‘m not able to live an average life. It’s hell and always was.
I‘m mid 30 now and nothing changed.

Anybody ever got „cured“ from something similar?

There’s a lot of claims what causes this.
Heavy metals, zinc malabsorption etc...

But I really only would like to hear cure stories. I’ve never read one unfortunately.

My zinc levels are always low, but I took high doses and it doesn’t change anything

Last edited:

johnwester130

From early age on I was shy, insecure, couldn’t concentrate and focus, always struggled with school and later work.

But I really only would like to hear cure stories. I’ve never read one unfortunately.

My zinc levels are always low, but I took high doses and it doesn’t change anything

what supplements and diet are you on ?

my social interaction skills have improved greatly since improving my hormones and metabolism

lampofred

Sleep deprivation, coffee, thyroid, CO2, methylene blue, everything that reduces serotonin and prolactin should help.

Jem Oz

You may not want to hear this, but find a really good psychotherapist, as in someone who knows about childhood. I PROMISE you these issues you face are rooted in your earliest years, and I PROMISE you can make extraordinary progress if you put in the work and find an empathic witness.

These are NOT 'metabolic' issues, and I sincerely wish you well.

(if you're still with me and want a possible jumping off point, check out a book by Alice Miller called "Prisoners of Childhood". And if you want some weight added to this advice, I know that Danny Roddy is well-versed in her work and a big fan).

alywest

I am not personally someone with autism, but my son has it and I came across a review from a woman with autism who said that she completely healed herself by going to an infrared sauna on a regular basis. She said that she could remember how she felt before she went and how strange life was for her and how she was now a different person. I know they are kinda pricey but maybe if you just stopped with buying supplements and other stuff. She didn't bring up any other supplements or medications. When my son is older I plan to take him to the infrared saunas. I believe they probably clear out toxins and stuff that have been there since before you were even born.

Thoushant

Hey I dealt with a lot of these issues.

you have to remember that you create your reality by the way you frame your life, and the doctors believe it's ADD, because you talk it from the perspective of focusing issues.

At the end all the titles are meant to put your life to "normal" people, to compare.

@Jem Oz advice is good, maybe you relate to people a certain way, because your parents acted a way you never understood back then.

the wording of the problem can be anything, you can use any phrases you want, it just means you have a bad conscience over your behaviour and the way you relate, doesn't make you any of these things, but we tend to forget our reasons.

my suggestions is to acknowledge you are imperfect but you can improve on a lot of these things when you realize the guilt is not yours alone, many people can't focus when they have something on their mind, and many people accept a situation created a misunderstanding, many don't.

emotionalcomptency.com and Karla McLaren might provide some helpful concepts, that don't require you frame your life to having a disease. you might just be tired of ****** dealing with people politely, or you might have trouble accepting you can be an ****, doesn't make you autist or ADD though

Hugh Johnson

Billy Craig of #whatwouldBillysay? has aspergers and has managed to improve his brain function via diet and stuff. He also offers consultations and has a patreon. I suggest reading and listening to what he has put out.

Other than that, I suggest testing safe ways to chelate heavy metals, such as silicic acid. Cannabis has also been reported to be helpful for autism symptoms. Gut health is also crucial, so raw carrots, lactobacillus reuteri and sodium acetate (mix baking soda with vinegar) could be helpful. Progesterone helps with everything, so get some.

There are many parents that have cured their kid's autism, look up what they did. Some of the stuff they do is clearly besides the point, like fish oil and sugar restriction, but perfection is not needed. Most of these are parents of kids that got autism after vaccination, and the medical system really does not like cures so you need to look a bit harder. Suzanne Humpries is a place to start:

What she says about autism and natural vitamin C seems to be sensible.

SOMO

ADD is treated by the mainstream with Adderall/Amphetamine.

I do not agree with giving psychoactive drugs to treat mood disorders, but there is some truth to the fact that increasing Dopamine and CNS stimulation causes obsessive/hyper-focus behaviors that can help someone do daily tasks to completion.

RP recommends Phenethylamine as a safe stimulant.

Phenethylamine is the "base" precursor to amphetamine and unlike amphetamine it is "natural" (if that means anything.) and present in the brain in small amounts. It is also present in chocolate in significant quantities and could explain why chocolate makes people feel "better."

Phenethylamine - Wikipedia

OP
M

Motif

I don’t take supplements anymore right now. It never did anything for me. Not b6, not progesterone, not Magnesium etc.

I also tried adderalls ten years ago, but it did not much and the side effects were bad.

I don’t care that I‘m „special“ and not very social etc, but what bothers me a lot is that life is just overwhelming for me. Like i said, I can’t even keep my apartment clean.
I want to do some dusting and after a half room I need to get back on the couch.
That’s just one example. I can’t read an article without ten breaks etc
I‘m wasting my life cause I can’t focus on anything and everything is getting too much for me

I don’t know what’s wrong with me.
But my family on my mothers side has many cases like this. They all ended up as alcoholics or drug addicts. They never worked in their life. My mother is completely different though. She works her **** off. She doesn’t fit in that family. But I think there is something genetically to it

Last edited:

sunraiser

You may not want to hear this, but find a really good psychotherapist, as in someone who knows about childhood. I PROMISE you these issues you face are rooted in your earliest years, and I PROMISE you can make extraordinary progress if you put in the work and find an empathic witness.

These are NOT 'metabolic' issues, and I sincerely wish you well.

(if you're still with me and want a possible jumping off point, check out a book by Alice Miller called "Prisoners of Childhood". And if you want some weight added to this advice, I know that Danny Roddy is well-versed in her work and a big fan).

I disagree.

I was extremely social and well liked as a kid and developed mega social anxiety at around 14 for no apparent reason. I was likely undereating and afterwards had some unimaginable stress, and it was also perhaps after a bout of food poisoning or vaccinations - it came on gradually and was something I didn't conceptualise properly at the time. It was like getting autism after having already learned great social skills - so still functioning.

I initially went into the self esteem stuff only to realise I completely and utterly liked myself and my brain simply didn't have social spontaneity anymore, and this was in turn causing anxiety and tension because I knew I made other people uncomfortable in conversation and I couldn't relax.

Later taking Accutane has perhaps confused matters.

@Motif - the things that have made huge changes for me have been asceticism, but it's also stressful. Doing a relatively extended no fap plus only doing delayed gratification things like reading or gym. Also I had a period of working outside and eating little to no vitamin A that helped, and it was really compounded by copious sunbathing (though personally I don't believe vitamin A is the issue.

If it's hereditary then it's perhaps an infection passed down that burdens the liver or something along those lines. It's definitely solvable but our situations are so individual it's really hard to give specific advice. Don't think of it as some genetic deficit - that's not how genes work.

I can empathise with how you feel and it can absolutely massively change - I'm saying that honestly, as opposed to something empty to make you feel better.

morgan#1

I can empathise with how you feel and it can absolutely massively change - I'm saying that honestly, as opposed to something empty to make you feel better.
We are all humans and I think we all can feel that. I’m struggling in different ways, maybe we all have struggles with different hats on.

I definitely do not feel that psychotherapy does any good, except for ptsd or such. The therapy makes the ego stronger, I suppose you’d have more pleasant thoughts. But who cares about figuring out past hurts, etc. I feel that every single person has the possibility to see clearly, and that would be all it would take. Problems would be all solved if we could see the error of our being. Therapists make money off of our f ucked up childhood. I guarantee you every therapist has issues of their own, and is that the way to confront ourselves? Going to someone else. What sticks out to me in my many struggles and searching for many answers is....get your house in order. Internally, look inside, don’t judge.

Maybe don’t struggle inside. Feel those feelings and stick with it inside, see what happens. Stick with those “horrible “ feelings and know their only feelings, not to strengthen them, you can look and feel, and maybe they’ll dissipate. Things we all hide from, that makes it unbearable in our minds. We all deserve to be blissful, but it does take forgetting about the self. And therapy strengthens the self. Maybe it would be a happier self...I don’t think that would be the answer.

Just try to look inside and not judge. Internal revolution , don’t look to anyone else. They’re exactly like you (struggles may have a different hat). Most other people are mirrors of who we are. Look at how you react to people. I’m like you and everyone else on this forum, as nutty as some of us are. No ones alone. Don’t look to other people, just observe inside. Thoughts suck, all of them if you think about it logically: good or bad all thoughts are fleeting. I think we can move beyond our thoughts. There’s a real phenomenal world out there beyond our ego and framework.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

We are all humans and I think we all can feel that. I’m struggling in different ways, maybe we all have struggles with different hats on.

I definitely do not feel that psychotherapy does any good, except for ptsd or such. The therapy makes the ego stronger, I suppose you’d have more pleasant thoughts. But who cares about figuring out past hurts, etc. I feel that every single person has the possibility to see clearly, and that would be all it would take. Problems would be all solved if we could see the error of our being. Therapists make money off of our f ucked up childhood. I guarantee you every therapist has issues of their own, and is that the way to confront ourselves? Going to someone else. What sticks out to me in my many struggles and searching for many answers is....get your house in order. Internally, look inside, don’t judge.

Maybe don’t struggle inside. Feel those feelings and stick with it inside, see what happens. Stick with those “horrible “ feelings and know their only feelings, not to strengthen them, you can look and feel, and maybe they’ll dissipate. Things we all hide from, that makes it unbearable in our minds. We all deserve to be blissful, but it does take forgetting about the self. And therapy strengthens the self. Maybe it would be a happier self...I don’t think that would be the answer.

Just try to look inside and not judge. Internal revolution , don’t look to anyone else. They’re exactly like you (struggles may have a different hat). Most other people are mirrors of who we are. Look at how you react to people. I’m like you and everyone else on this forum, as nutty as some of us are. No ones alone. Don’t look to other people, just observe inside. Thoughts suck, all of them if you think about it logically: good or bad all thoughts are fleeting. I think we can move beyond our thoughts. There’s a real phenomenal world out there beyond our ego and framework.
I think, and I could be completely wrong, that trauma and pain and difficult childhoods cause disassociation from the body and weak egos. So therapy can help someone rebuild the will bound ego. From the egos striving a person could move on to get in touch with their body, which to me represents the flow state, authentic being and living. I don’t believe the ego is very authentic, but to me it’s like a stage in development and operates as a safety net for dangerous situations.

Anxiety

sunraiser

I think, and I could be completely wrong, that trauma and pain and difficult childhoods cause disassociation from the body and weak egos. So therapy can help someone rebuild the will bound ego. From the egos striving a person could move on to get in touch with their body, which to me represents the flow state, authentic being and living. I don’t believe the ego is very authentic, but to me it’s like a stage in development and operates as a safety net for dangerous situations.

Anxiety

I also think therapy can have it's uses - but mainly as a non judgemental person to talk to, and it should always be patient lead. Often people these days simply don't stop to process their thoughts and having a frank or explorative conversation can definitely ease the soul. But I think simply walking in nature without headphones or electronics, or sitting by the sea and just being could have a similar effect.

I find an issue with the idea of structured "therapy" in that it really takes away the agency of a person, and it often seems to be taking the thought patterns and habits of a healthy person and getting the anxious person to "fight" their thoughts or force behaviours, as though they're somehow not trying hard enough. I also think YOUNG childhood issues are more likely to benefit from councilling, like when people are developing and forming their social skills and relationships. Trauma later is perhaps best solved with introspection - although that's just my view.

I don't get the impression the OPs issues are psychological, but I suppose it's possible - only he'd know.

lampofred

Not disparaging the suggestions on this thread, but I haven't heard of a single case of ADHD/Asperger's symptoms being cured by counseling/therapy. I agree the issue is most likely is rooted in childhood trauma, especially a poor relationship with the mother, but the damage is done by lowering energy production, and I think the only way to break out of a low energy state is with a large external influx of energy, which means therapy would only work if there's an exceptionally strong connection between you and the therapist and if the therapist was at a metabolically at a similar or higher level to you. Building a new strong and deep friendship or falling in love would probably have a similar effect.

The brilliance of Dr. Peat's work IMO is that it shows that all kinds of stresses converge in only a few ways to damage mitochondria.

Not recommending illegal substances, but MDMA would probably be amazingly effective for issues like this, to powerfully lower serotonin and pump a large influx of energy into the system to break up established negative processes.

SOMO

Not disparaging the suggestions on this thread, but I haven't heard of a single case of ADHD/Asperger's symptoms being cured by counseling/therapy. I agree the issue is most likely is rooted in childhood trauma, especially a poor relationship with the mother, but the damage is done by lowering energy production, and I think the only way to break out of a low energy state is with a large external influx of energy, which means therapy would only work if there's an exceptionally strong connection between you and the therapist and if the therapist was at a metabolically at a similar or higher level to you. Building a new strong and deep friendship or falling in love would probably have a similar effect.

The brilliance of Dr. Peat's work IMO is that it shows that all kinds of stresses converge in only a few ways to damage mitochondria.

Not recommending illegal substances, but MDMA would probably be amazingly effective for issues like this, to powerfully lower serotonin and pump a large influx of energy into the system to break up established negative processes.

MDMA = Addictive and neurotoxic.

lampofred

MDMA = Addictive and neurotoxic.

Good things tend to be addictive and it's neurotoxic because it selectively kills serotonin neurons... I personally do not mind a bit of that neurotoxicity...

morgan#1

That’s great, and super insightful about Peat. Hadn’t thought about it that way. Glad I’m reading this. “Only a few ways” is important for me. I did ecstasy so long ago. I wonder where to get any now. But there also are other ways to barrage the system with energy. Thoughts drain us of our precious energy.
Meditation changes temperatures
I’ve done MDMA and meditation, ecstasy seems to be an effective choice in flooding quickly. But alas I am prone to feeling really good, and ecstasy does feel really good. So for me I would have to murder my supplier, for it not to be “addictive “.

Last edited:

Tarmander

Try a low vitamin A diet for a few weeks. Beans, beef, and rice/potatoes. Add in some apples or pears for a bit of C.

Really amazing mind benefits. Huge productivity increase as well. I used to be productive but like you needed a lot of breaks. Focusing too long hurt in an unexplainable way. It’s cheap and easy to try.

OP
M

Motif

Guys something crazy happened today and I’m not sure yet if it’s just coincidence or there’s really something to it, but

I found some old magnesium bathing powder that my mum bought years ago.
I never used it cause I thought its bull****, but I took a bath with it and cleaning my apartment was so easy today.

No idea if it’s because of the magnesium bath.

I need to try this again maybe in a few days.

It it helps again I would really consider that maybe my body doesn’t absorbs nutrients how it should?

If it helps again maybe I should get other topical supplements and try them?

Cirion

I am taking epsom salts and baking soda baths pretty much every evening now before bed myself. I think it's definitely helpful.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals