MRM Pregnenolone

I've been using MRM Pregnenolone 50 mg (from Iherb) on several occasions. I take it before bedtime, and every single time the next day I am super brain-fogged and spaced out. It is quite uncomfortable.

I used to take LEF Pregnenolone 100 mg, and that made me feel better and did not have this effect, but that was 3 years ago.

I don't know if my biochemistry is changed making me react badly to pregnenolone, or if it's just this particular brand. It also seems to lead to acne and mid-section weight gain. Confusing.

Any experiences?

Arnold Grape

From what I understand (rudimentary), Pregnenolone is sourced from China and often contains sketchy excipients which cause estrogenic symptoms, possibly like the ones you have described. (I do not know where the MRM brands fits within this interpretation and this is not a commentary on that brand in any way.) For me personally, I have noticed that when the conditions surrounding taking preg changed (e.g. nutrition, b-vitamins, etc.) the experience was also shifted. There were times when I took the same dosage from the same brand and had a near "bad acid trip" type experience, but I might have been overdoing it in terms of how many days I used it in a row. I also noticed I can take Preg at nighttime now and it will induce sleep, where previously it would keep me up all night. Possibly look into switching brands? I just ordered from Health Natura, which is supposed to have reputable Preg, but it is (of course) more expensive.

Pulstar

I was using MRM pregnenolone in the past, but always in small doses, by dividing the pill in at least half, and never before bed. I find this supplement to be antidepressive and energy boosting in doses of 15-20 mg, however it does increase anxiety a little.

I haven't noticed any skin problems or strong brain fog after MRM preg.

milk_lover

MRM pregnenolone is a suspect from my own experience. I think there is something offensive inside them.