Mortality Rate Of COVID-19 Is 0.5%, Much Lower Than CDC / WHO Claims

haidut

Forum Supporter
I try very hard to stay away from politically charged discussions but thought I'd share the studies below, which are arguably more reliable than the countless "professional opinions" thrown left and right by health "experts" all over mainstream media. The fact that WHO and CDC chose to fuel the panic from the very beginning without having much hard evidence is very much in line with the incompetence (corruption?) we have been seeing from them in regards to other conditions such as CVD, cancer, diabetes, etc.

Estimating the infection and case fatality ratio for COVID-19 using age-adjusted data from the outbreak on the Diamond Princess cruise ship
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-outbreak-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-death-rate

"...Infections and deaths onboard suggest that the disease’s true fatality ratio in China is about 0.5 percent, though that number may vary from place to place, researchers report March 9 in a paper posted at MedRxiv.org. That 0.5 percent is far less than the 3.4 percent of confirmed cases that end in death cited by the World Health Organization, but troubling nonetheless. The WHO’s number has come under fire because the true number of people infected with the virus worldwide is not known."

And here is another study that found even lower mortality rate (see attachment).
"...We also found that 51 most recent crude infection fatality ratio (IFR) and time–delay adjusted IFR is estimated 52 to be 0.04% (95% CrI: 0.03%–0.06%) and 0.12% (95%CrI: 0.08–0.17%), which is 53 several orders of magnitude smaller than the crude CFR estimated at 4.19%."

"...These findings indicate that the death risk in Wuhan is estimated to be much higher than those in other areas, which is likely explained by hospital-based transmission [32]. Indeed, past nosocomial outbreaks have been reported to elevate the CFR associated with MERS and SARS outbreaks, where inpatients affected by underlying disease or seniors infected in the hospital setting have raised the CFR to values as high as 20% for a MERS outbreak [33-34]. Public health authorities are interested in quantifying R and CFR to measure the transmission potential and virulence of an infectious disease, especially when emerging/re emerging epidemics occur in order to decide the intensity of the public health response. In the context of a substantial fraction of unobserved infections due to COVID-19, R estimates derived from the trajectory of infections 280 and the IFR are more realistic indicators compared to estimates derived from observed cases alone [18,35-36]."

Attachments

• covid_wuhan_study.pdf
    672.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

RealNeat

I try very hard to stay away from politically charged discussions but thought I'd share this little piece of information, which is an actual study and not one of the countless of "professional opinions" thrown left and right by health "experts" all over mainstream media. The fact that WHO and CDC chose to fuel the panic fromt he very beginning without having much hard evidence is very much in line with the incompetence (corruption?) we have been seeing from them in regards to other conditions such as CVD, cancer, diabetes, etc.

Estimating the infection and case fatality ratio for COVID-19 using age-adjusted data from the outbreak on the Diamond Princess cruise ship
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/coronavirus-outbreak-diamond-princess-cruise-ship-death-rate

"...Infections and deaths onboard suggest that the disease’s true fatality ratio in China is about 0.5 percent, though that number may vary from place to place, researchers report March 9 in a paper posted at MedRxiv.org. That 0.5 percent is far less than the 3.4 percent of confirmed cases that end in death cited by the World Health Organization, but troubling nonetheless. The WHO’s number has come under fire because the true number of people infected with the virus worldwide is not known."

The current state of things is quite literally insane. But then again, it has been for a while, the poo just rose to the surface.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Yup, Dr. Matt McCarthy agrees that the numbers are much much lower:

Dr. Matt McCarthy: We are doing a lot of mathematical targeting. We are not using the Chinese data. We don’t find it reliable. We are using the Korean data. We think what would happen in Korea is going to be a lot more reflective of what we’re going to see in the United States. And we see about a .2 to .4 death rate.

Original post of this quote: Corona Virus How To Treat

Last edited:

YamnayaMommy

Even if adjusted for age, are cruise ship passengers good representatives for general population? Honestly, not sure if they’d be sicker or healthier than average person.

Runenight201

Even if adjusted for age, are cruise ship passengers good representatives for general population? Honestly, not sure if they’d be sicker or healthier than average person.

I heard that the air is just re-circulated on cruise ships for all the passengers to breath infected particles over and over again. I would thus suspect then that the cruise ship case to be a sample which overrepresents the infection rate in the general population.

RealNeat

Dr. Matt McCarthy: We are doing a lot of mathematical targeting. We are not using the Chinese data. We don’t find it reliable. We are using the Korean data. We think what would happen in Korea is going to be a lot more reflective of what we’re going to see in the United States. And we see about a .2 to .4 death rate.

His twitter posts don't seem so optimistic.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thanks.
I think we all suspect at this point that the issue here is not the virus at all...
Even a 3.4% mortality rate does not justify shutting down entire countries and causing worldwide recession.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I heard that the air is just re-circulated on cruise ships for all the passengers to breath infected particles over and over again. I would thus suspect then that the cruise ship case to be a sample which overrepresents the infection rate in the general population.

It is not just anecdotal, this is a known issue with cruise ships and airplanes.
Cruise ship AC systems could promote rapid coronavirus spread, prof says - Purdue University News
Coronavirus: Quarantine on cruise ship could backfire, experts say
"...Milton, who studies the spread of virus particles in the air, said recirculating air on a cruise ship’s ventilation system, along with people living in close quarters and in communal settings, make the vessels vulnerable to the spread of infection."

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is happening!???? Seems sketchy ...

What exactly is happening is anybody's guess right now. Probably even the powers that be find the circus they created hard to control.
But it is quite obvious the mortality rate is deliberately pumped up by news media, and "quarantining" people on a cruise ship is one of the dumbest (or most evil) things to do from a health perspective. These people could have easily been loaded on buses and kept under guard in a tent camp somewhere if their health was really the primary goal.

LUH 3417

The pandemic is secretly a cover for enforcing new temperature taking stations all over the country to easily identify hyper metabolic high IQ peaty people.

jzone56

“There were approximately 350 passengers on board the airplane. The public was notified through the media that the index case was symptomatic during the 15-hour flight. Close contacts included 25 individuals sitting within two meters of the index case during the flight, flight crew members, and one close contact on arrival in Toronto. Close contacts received active daily contact monitoring by local public health officials for 14 days from the flight. Passengers and crew members who were not from Ontario were referred to their home jurisdiction for follow-up. On January 29th, one close contact developed symptoms of cough; however, nasopharyngeal and throat swabs were negative for COVID-19. Non-close contact passengers were advised to self-monitor and contact public health if symptomatic; five non-close contact symptomatic passengers were tested and found negative by nasopharyngeal and throat swabs for COVID-19”

Lack of COVID-19 Transmission on an International Flight

schultz

Good point.

Also good point. I once read that cruise ships also give off massive population. Not sure that would affect things, but it's still interesting.

Luxury cruise giant emits 10 times more air pollution (SOx) than all of Europe’s cars – study | Transport & Environment

tupolev

MIT biologist and the nominal inventor of the email protocol says "the coronavirus fear mongering by the Deep State will go down in history as one of the biggest fraud to manipulate economies, suppress dissent, & push MANDATED Medicine!"

MIT biologist says fear mongering on coronavirus will go down as biggest fraud to manipulate economies | Tech News | Startups News

Seriously watch this guy go on about how it's almost entirely a matter of boosting the immune system. He stresses the need for clean food and water and air.

He also challenged Elizabeth Warren's Senate seat with "only a *real* indian can defeat a fake indian" which I find hilarious and my style. Hope this guy gets his hands on some political power.

'Real Indian' running against Sen. Elizabeth Warren sues after city tells him to stop calling her 'Fake Indian'

tankasnowgod

The pandemic is secretly a cover for enforcing new temperature taking stations all over the country to easily identify hyper metabolic high IQ peaty people.

This makes a little bit more sense than any other theory I've heard.

RealNeat

I wasnt massively concerned, however I just read Doris Loh's articles and they do have me more suspicious.

COVID-19, Pneumonia & Inflammasomes - The Melatonin Connection - EvolutaMente.it

COVID-19 Mutations, Vaccines & Nitric Oxide - The Vitamin C Connection - EvolutaMente.it

COVID-19, Furins & Hypoxia - The Vitamin C Connection - EvolutaMente.it

@haidut if you have time to review these articles, Id be very curious on your thoughts, especially since Melatonin, Ascorbic Acid and Nitric Oxide are touted as something beneficial for treatment and prevention.

tupolev

his makes a little bit more sense than any other theory I've heard.

The global economy was clearly beginning a slide into recession and financial institutions were already under great stress in early September. The CCP were rolling up a failed provincial bank literally every other week, and putting down large scale protests. There were bank runs in the interior and huge protests in Beijing. In mid-september the USA's central bank was also forced to enter into unprecedented massive repo market intervention to deal with failing hedge funds and deteriorating trust in the banking system.

Think about it. You're a politician or executive who has mismanaged a situation over the last ten years that is clearly blowing up now. You can blame it on WuFlu. *YOU* didn't screw up. It was just a "black swan" of a virus.

Enormous amounts of money are going poof right now as low oil prices destroy most of the American shale oil enterprise. Which is the better story for an executive planning his next move: We've been totally wrong for the last ten years! vice It was WuFlu!

Everybody with power is taking an accounting bath and doing things they wanted to do on account of WuFlu. They're going to use this to get rid of physical cash, too, which is one of the last checks on tyranny we have.

Gl;itch.e

The tinfoil hat wearers are having fun with this one for sure. In my own TFH opinion this is a great excuse to reset the world economy much like was already planned by not letting a crisis go to waste. It is certainly having the effect as it was intended. Fed and most other Central Banks drop interest rates to 0% (or close enough to it). Quantitative Easing (legalised counterfeiting) is back! Next steps will be law changes, outlawing cash, fully digitizing currency, and MMT and helicopter money.

yerrag

yerrag