Mono Amine Oxidase Inhibitors

Herbie

Hi,

I’m looking for a maoi to take, I know Passion flower can be taken as a tea but I’m wondering if there are any other more effiecnt ways of getting access to maoi.

Reason for this is because I smoke tobacco in winter and don’t like it in summer heat and each year I stop. I use the nicotine gum and inhalers which takes me about a month of this after stopping tobacco to no longer have any gravings for tobacco. I don’t enjoy nicotine and only use it to stop ravishing cravings for tobacco.

Tobacco has harmines which are maoi’s so I want to take a maoi when I stop in spring to see what this feels like in the absence of tobacco.

Frankdee20

Is Syrian Rue something that has harmala alkaloids ?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Is Syrian Rue something that has harmala alkaloids ?

Yeah I used heaps of them once before mixed with arcacia root as a tea. Syrian rue is very bitter but I’ll think about trying it on it’s own.

Frankdee20

Yeah I used heaps of them once before mixed with arcacia root as a tea. Syrian rue is very bitter but I’ll think about trying it on it’s own.

I think it’s also an Ayahuasca analogue

OP
Herbie

Herbie

So you got psychedelic effects from arcacia ? Orally ?

Yeah, I’d been to the amazon and drank ayahuasca 10 times there and a year later I made the Syrian rue seeds and Arcacia root powder into a tea and had psychedelic trip, not as powerful as in the Amazon because it was difficult to know the concerntration of dmt and maoi. After that I gave the arcacia to a guy who made it into crytals and smoked it and had a dmt trip from it.

I think ketamine is probably the best one to use if not in the Amazon.

Frankdee20

Yeah, I’d been to the amazon and drank ayahuasca 10 times there and a year later I made the Syrian rue seeds and Arcacia root powder into a tea and had psychedelic trip, not as powerful as in the Amazon because it was difficult to know the concerntration of dmt and maoi. After that I gave the arcacia to a guy who made it into crytals and smoked it and had a dmt trip from it.

I think ketamine is probably the best one to use if not in the Amazon.

Yeah but Ketamine is unrelated, vastly different. It’s just a dissasociative anesthetic, like PCP, and mostly NMDA blocker. I don’t think any moments of profoundity emerge from it lol

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Yeah but Ketamine is unrelated, vastly different. It’s just a dissasociative anesthetic, like PCP, and mostly NMDA blocker. I don’t think any moments of profoundity emerge from it lol

It seems like that, I read all of John c Lilly the neuro scientist who did extensive experimentation with ketamine, pcp and lsd which he didn’t seem to rate. I experienced the states and places he went on high dose ketamine when I was in the Amazon.

He has documented more about those worlds than anyone else I have found and helps because he was a scientist.

He said when he took 42mg of pcp he saw planets being destroyed by nuclear warfare. His books are interesting.

Frankdee20

Ever try Meacalim
It seems like that, I read all of John c Lilly the neuro scientist who did extensive experimentation with ketamine, pcp and lsd which he didn’t seem to rate. I experienced the states and places he went on high dose ketamine when I was in the Amazon.

He has documented more about those worlds than anyone else I have found and helps because he was a scientist.

He said when he took 42mg of pcp he saw planets being destroyed by nuclear warfare. His books are interesting.

Wow ! Lol. I never found PCP to be like that, but I guess dosage matters. Interesting tidbit, thanks.

smith

Anything I ingest which I've never ingested before imparts its own psychedelic effect, but never again after the first time. Why is this? Is this related to MAOInhibition?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Anything I ingest which I've never ingested before imparts its own psychedelic effect, but never again after the first time. Why is this? Is this related to MAOInhibition?

Are you referring to injesting psyadelic substances or foods or supplements?

Can you clarify what these pyschadelic effects which you experience are?

smith

Oh yea, I don't mean actual psych's or drugs of any kind. My bad.
For example, the first time I drank a couple cap-fulls of lemon essential oil, I went into a super motivated and cathartic feel-awesome jittery manic state that felt a lot like when I was on low dose LSD/mushrooms for a few hours. Tried it again next day with double the dose, and literally nothing.
Similar things like this (just with different highs) happen with almost anything new I try, even a stalk of lemongrass in my food.

Niacinamide is another progesterone-like euphoric high that just wasn't the same after the first couple times.

Last edited:
OP
Herbie

Herbie

Yeah I see what you mean, I’ve had this too.

I drank lemon grass while in the Amazon, it’s powerful powerful stuff.

Frankdee20

Yeah I see what you mean, I’ve had this too.

I drank lemon grass while in the Amazon, it’s powerful powerful stuff.

Is Lemon grass same as him drinking essential oil ?

OP
Herbie

Herbie

Is Lemon grass same as him drinking essential oil ?

I’m not sure, When taking ayahuasca, the perception is highly increased in the body and it’s easy to notice what some lemon grass tea does to the body. I’m sure it would be interesting to go there and have dhea, aspirin, progesterone the effects would be felt more profoundly.

In the chaos of the western world we lose touch with the subtleties of nature.

Frankdee20

I’m not sure, When taking ayahuasca, the perception is highly increased in the body and it’s easy to notice what some lemon grass tea does to the body. I’m sure it would be interesting to go there and have dhea, aspirin, progesterone the effects would be felt more profoundly.

In the chaos of the western world we lose touch with the subtleties of nature.

Well said

smith

So... what the heck causes this? (Just keeping the thread flowing)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals