MitoLipin Or Lapodin

Katty

@haidut and others. Wanting to try Mitolipin and lapodin. Hoping to get some feedback on which one to start first.

I have fatty liver, pseudo-cushing's symptoms, and bad lower gut digestion. Temp and pulse are always too high.

Tried B1 and caffeine for the liver issues. B1 makes me smell terrible and caffeine seems to make lower gut pain worse (I was up to 300mg/day). Taurine and glycine cause gut problems.

I was thinking of starting Mitolipin to help with the fatty liver first. Then adding lapodin to help with any fibrosis and the cortisol. Is that a good route to take?

Also- K2 causes my too-high pulse to increase even further. Because lapodin is also a quinone, is that a likely problem?

Thanks in advance!

GAF

Lapodin smoothes out the flows and cleans up the mess in my elimination system. Love lapodin.

OP
K

Katty

Thanks for the responses GAF and Pointless. I've tried cyproheptadine. It might help a bit with gut pain, but I think it makes liver issues worse.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Katty, I don't know if this helps any but I've been going through a pseudo cushings phase that just started to improve in the spring. I've been using mitolipin since it was released and it seems to help my gut and stress hormones. I no longer need the full dose nor do I need it everyday. I actually don't have any GI problems currently :pray. Just for the sake of honesty I feel I should mention that I also switched to lactose free milk and got strict with avoiding gluten again about the same time as I started mitolipin (I'm not saying you need to do this only that it made a difference for me). FWIW The biggest visible change is that my supraclavicular swelling is reduced and it's soft to touch and no longer painful. *This is just my personal experience and since we are all different you might not have the same results* but I wanted to share mine because I doesn't seem like there is much discussion on the topic.

OP
K

Katty

Blossom, thanks so much for sharing your experience. That does help. I think I am inclined to try Mitolipin first.
It's frustrating that the cure for the liver irritates my gut, the cure for the gut aggravates the liver, and nothing seems to bring down the cortisol.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Blossom, thanks so much for sharing your experience. That does help. I think I am inclined to try Mitolipin first.
It's frustrating that the cure for the liver irritates my gut, the cure for the gut aggravates the liver, and nothing seems to bring down the cortisol.
I had a frustrating year where nothing I tried seemed to help either. Hang in there. I think part of it is just time too. :)

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut and others. Wanting to try Mitolipin and lapodin. Hoping to get some feedback on which one to start first.

I have fatty liver, pseudo-cushing's symptoms, and bad lower gut digestion. Temp and pulse are always too high.

Tried B1 and caffeine for the liver issues. B1 makes me smell terrible and caffeine seems to make lower gut pain worse (I was up to 300mg/day). Taurine and glycine cause gut problems.

I was thinking of starting Mitolipin to help with the fatty liver first. Then adding lapodin to help with any fibrosis and the cortisol. Is that a good route to take?

Also- K2 causes my too-high pulse to increase even further. Because lapodin is also a quinone, is that a likely problem?

Thanks in advance!

Both quinones in Lapodin have been shown to inhibit cortisol synthesis and lower adrenalin. Both have also been shown to help optimize liver health when used in moderate doses up to a few hundred milligrams per day for a human. And both have also been shown to have beneficial effects on colon health, including the microbiome, inflammation, regularity, etc. So, given your background I'd say Lapodin would be more appropriate. MitoLipin is more of a PUFA antagonist, even thought there are quite a few human trials showing benefit of PC on colon health and even improvement of IBD like ulcerative colitis.

OP
K

Katty

OK, thanks for the response, haidut! I'll start with the Lapodin then.

linnae

@Katty what are your pseudo cushings symptoms? I think thats where im at too- high cortisol and cant get it down.
I was thinking about trying the lipodin, whay has your response been, if you have been taking it?

OP
K

Katty

@Katty what are your pseudo cushings symptoms? I think thats where im at too- high cortisol and cant get it down.
I was thinking about trying the lipodin, whay has your response been, if you have been taking it?

Extreme weight gain especially in belly and buffalo hump. I tried lapodin but I didn't stick with it. Full dose is way too much for me- probably lowered blood sugar too much. I ended up doing around 4 drops with a meal. Not sure if I was noticing much. I decided to stop most of the supps I was taking because nothing is working and I want a clean slate. Sorry I'm not much help here.

linnae

Extreme weight gain especially in belly and buffalo hump. I tried lapodin but I didn't stick with it. Full dose is way too much for me- probably lowered blood sugar too much. I ended up doing around 4 drops with a meal. Not sure if I was noticing much. I decided to stop most of the supps I was taking because nothing is working and I want a clean slate. Sorry I'm not much help here.
@Katty this was very helpful! Thank you for sharing your experience!

honeybee

Mitolipin helps protect you if you are losing weight from ffa oxidation (I think someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Lapodin REALLY helps me with estrogen and prolactin dominance. I started showing these symptoms a week ago after a stupid experiment with Pansterone. Nothing else helped reduce the symptoms like Lapodin. Is also helpful for sleep probably be cuz it reduces other stress hormones.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Mitolipin helps protect you if you are losing weight from ffa oxidation (I think someone correct me if I'm wrong).
Lapodin REALLY helps me with estrogen and prolactin dominance. I started showing these symptoms a week ago after a stupid experiment with Pansterone. Nothing else helped reduce the symptoms like Lapodin. Is also helpful for sleep probably be cuz it reduces other stress hormones.

Thanks for the feedback! May I ask how much Pansterone were you using and how it was administered to get those symptoms?

honeybee

@haidut
I should not have used the pansterone. I was attempting to improve mood and libido but instead exasperated estrogen symptoms which I always struggle with. I had it under control until his. I used 2-4 drops daily transdermally the week before my cycle also which was also a mistake.
So nothing wrong with pansterone it's just not an appropriate supplement for me at this time.

On another note...Do you have any idea why lapodin increased my pulse from 72 to 98? I had started using it last weekend again after stopping for a few months. I did use transdermally about 10 drops Sunday night but had been using about 2-4 drops x3 the day before. I woke up Monday and could feel my heart beating (not normal for me). The beating and fast pulse continued all day Monday and finally went down to about 80 late last night. I was not stressed or anxious-I fact I was really warm and relaxed. I used Theanine 200 mg but that didn't do anything. No problems sleeping.
I reduced my t3 by half and today I'm at 80 pulse and very warm. 2 drops of lapodin on skin so far. No anxiety. Do you think I went hyperthyroid?
Thanks

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
I should not have used the pansterone. I was attempting to improve mood and libido but instead exasperated estrogen symptoms which I always struggle with. I had it under control until his. I used 2-4 drops daily transdermally the week before my cycle also which was also a mistake.
So nothing wrong with pansterone it's just not an appropriate supplement for me at this time.

On another note...Do you have any idea why lapodin increased my pulse from 72 to 98? I had started using it last weekend again after stopping for a few months. I did use transdermally about 10 drops Sunday night but had been using about 2-4 drops x3 the day before. I woke up Monday and could feel my heart beating (not normal for me). The beating and fast pulse continued all day Monday and finally went down to about 80 late last night. I was not stressed or anxious-I fact I was really warm and relaxed. I used Theanine 200 mg but that didn't do anything. No problems sleeping.
I reduced my t3 by half and today I'm at 80 pulse and very warm. 2 drops of lapodin on skin so far. No anxiety. Do you think I went hyperthyroid?
Thanks

Understood. If Pansterone exacerbates estrogen symptoms I would not use it.
Lapodin lowers cortisol and possibly adrenaline. I think a few other people in the thread also experienced relaxation and higher pulse. The quinones also improve metabolism, so in combination with the T3 you were taking you could have gone temporarily hyper. I would use Lapodin at night only to help with sleep and stress hormone increase due to darkness. The supplement seems quite powerful so I would consider lowering either Lapodin or T3 dose (as you did) to avoid getting hyper again. All in all, I think this is a good result from Lapodin as long the supplement is used judiciously.
Thanks for the great feedback!

ddjd

Thanks in advance!
Isn't choline important for fatty liver? So mitolipin would probably help...

Amberlense

I know this thread is old but for me at least it appears that pregnenolone has brought the cortisol down, i am basing this on symptoms alone. I was really in a bad way with fatigue too. Im not saying don't try those other things, in fact i might as well, but pregnenolone so far has solved a lot of problems for me and the biggest one has been my stress response and energy levels. I did experiment with a taurine/glycine mix that seemed to help some also but too much seemed to affect my blood sugar so i had to take less, now i only take it occasionally.

Last edited:
OP
K

Katty

I know this thread is old but for me at least it appears that pregnenolone has brought the cortisol down, i am basing this on symptoms alone. I was really in a bad way with fatigue too. Im not saying don't try those other things, in fact i might as well, but pregnenolone so far has solved a lot of problems for me and the biggest one has been my stress response and energy levels. I did experiment with a taurine/glycine mix that seemed to help some also but too much seemed to affect my blood sugar so i had to take less, now i only take it occasionally.
Thanks for your thoughts. I tried pregnenolone years ago and it caused acne immediately- no other effects, good or bad. I could try it again I suppose, but I'm a little worried. I think it can be converted to stress hormones if things aren't working properly.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals