Mildronate/Meldonium

Poppyseed13

Hello.
I need some help in finding a Ray Peat article in which he discusses Mildronate. I've looked and looked and can't find it! I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Poppyseed13

zooma

I think it was a townsend letter or an older newsletter, on the subject of adaptogens.

LeeLemonoil

I've stumbled across the info that the inventor of Meldonium also created "Neramexan", one of the few promising medicines to cure tinnitus.

Neramexan is an antagonist at both the NMDA- and nACh-Receptors and should be very useful in many excitatory conditions, which Tinnitus likely is as well.

LeeLemonoil

Nice study on Mildronate:
Mildronate's protective effects in the peripheral nervous system: stavudine-induced neuropathy and formalin-induced inflammation : Proceedings of the Latvian Academy of Sciences. Section B. Natural, Exact, and Applied Sciences.
Mildronate's protective effects in the peripheral nervous system: stavudine-induced neuropathy and formalin-induced inflammation
Mildronate, previously known as a cardioprotective drug, recently was found to normalise mitochondrial processes by preventing the dysfunction of complex I in rat liver mitochondria. Previously we have shown also the ability of mildronate to prevent pathologies in the central nervous system by normalizing the expression of different signalling molecules in brain tissue. This allowed us to suggest that mildronate may possess a beneficial role also in peripheral nervous system pathologies. The present study was designed to assess the peripheral tissue damage caused by anti-HIV drug stavudine, as well as pain and inflammation caused by formalin. For this demonstration, we investigated the influence of mildronate: (1) on decreased myelin expression and increased neuron degeneration in rat sciatic nerve tissue caused by stavudine; and (2) on formalin-induced inflammation in mice. We found that mildronate protected the stavudine-induced degeneration of neurons in rat peripheral sciatic nerve without a significant influence on demyelination. In a formalin test, mildronate showed anti-inflammatory action comparable to that of indomethacin, a reference drug. The present results show that mildronate is capable of regulating peripheral nerve damage and peripheral inflammatory responses. We suggest that the multifunctional effects of mildronate can be attributed to its ability to regulate mitochondrial processes. The obtained data indicate protective effects of mildronate in different peripheral neurological pathologies.

GAF

I've stumbled across the info that the inventor of Meldonium also created "Neramexan", one of the few promising medicines to cure tinnitus.

Neramexan is an antagonist at both the NMDA- and nACh-Receptors and should be very useful in many excitatory conditions, which Tinnitus likely is as well.

Wonder where one might get this? Appears to be related to Diamant?

Attachments

• hmr-36-113.pdf
    379.5 KB · Views: 31

LeeLemonoil

I seems Merck is onto some patents around Neramexan, might be hard to get in the meantime. @haidut, do you see similarities to adamantine and similar substances as @GAF pointed out the relationship?

ddjd

Haidut said in the recent Danny Roddy patreon chat that he's releasing a potent alternative to mildronte in the next few months

Haidut said in the recent Danny Roddy patreon chat that he's releasing a potent alternative to mildronte in the next few months

But you already have mildronate itself, which it has been longtime studied and so known and well established its safety and use protocols? Do you realize you lost all that when a new drug or compound is aimed to replace another under the premise or theory for it to suppose an improvement over the old one?