Microwaving

Markus

What do you think about microwaving food?

One could argue that it might be problematic with regards to Gerard Pollack's work.

fradon

What do you think about microwaving food?

One could argue that it might be problematic with regards to Gerard Pollack's work.

i heard its bad and it decreaes vitamins in food

mine died about a month ago and haven't replaced it and don't think i will. i've gotten hooked on steaming anyting i have to reheat. only takes a minute with a copper bottom pot and a stainless steal collander.

OP
M

Markus

i heard its bad and it decreaes vitamins in food

mine died about a month ago and haven't replaced it and don't think i will. i've gotten hooked on steaming anyting i have to reheat. only takes a minute with a copper bottom pot and a stainless steal collander.

I mainly cook using an Instant-Pot and reheat food on the stove, but microwaving is very practical and generally I don't really see a problem with it.

Hazarlar

Microwaving (2,4 Ghz ... same as lot of wifi) destroys normal structure of water (plays with hydrogen-oxygen bonds). Eeating that way every day and every meal is no good. I have heard that if you water your plants with microwaved water, they will die. I have heard that if blood was once microwaved for heating it up, it immidiatelly killed the receiver of donation. I have heard that if you microwave milk and analyse it afterwards, it is no more a milk. All are rumors though ...

tara

I use a microwave for reheating food often - 2 + times a day. I don't know that it's optimal, but it's very convenient, and helps me eat when I need to.

I'd never expect it to be safe to microwave donated blood for reuse by another person.

I imagine it might make structural changes to breastmilk, which has some valuable properties for young babies, and wouldn't reheat it that way.