judge

not sure if your serious about that, but niacin form is not safe in long term,at least in comparing to niacinamide.it can cause diabete like problems by increasing free fatty acids.
I agree. I use it during short term fasts to flush the capillaries . Niacinimide is miraculous! love the stuff! add a little lopoic acid to it, no telling how long you will live! :D

Soren

Forum Supporter
J

jb116

Bumping for @Soren 's question.
Also I wonder how much of this is related to there being not enough sugar available. Dr. Peat has mentioned that sufficient sugar protects from the oxidative stress of MB. I would think coupled with red light, it creates that much more potential for oxidative stress if there isn't enough energy to compensate.

ddjd

Is the general concensus that methylene blue in low doses (under 1mg-5mg) isn't dangerous alongside red light therapy.

And what about infra red ? 740nm+ ?

golder

Is the general concensus that methylene blue in low doses (under 1mg-5mg) isn't dangerous alongside red light therapy.

And what about infra red ? 740nm+ ?
I know this is rather old, but it would still be nice if someone could help. I use a combination of quite strong IR/red/UV/heat lamps throughout the day, and I've put my MB on hold because some people say its a great combination, and others are saying its dangerous, as per the OP. Would someone be able to help? Thanks guys!

Waynish

I do 1-2 drops of oxidal and get in an infrared sauna for an hour straight. It's great.
Now lets see a study that includes niacinamide, caffeine, and MB -- with two experimental groups: with light, and with light and sugar.

golder

I do 1-2 drops of oxidal and get in an infrared sauna for an hour straight. It's great.
Now lets see a study that includes niacinamide, caffeine, and MB -- with two experimental groups: with light, and with light and sugar.
Was this with a far or a near Infrared sauna? Really keen to try this, thanks for your input! What subjective effects did you notice with the MB + infrared combination?

lvysaur

exposing cells to MB [methylene blue] and WL [white light - especially red light], at concentrations similar to those used for endoscopic examination of tissue, can lead to elevated levels of DNA damage and apoptosis.
I wonder if this could be used as an alternative to surgery?

If someone has a growth/tumor/corn/etc that won't go away, maybe methylene blue + extremely localized bright light could induce apoptosis?

"However, illumination of cells with WL [white light] in the presence of 15 mM (0.5%) MB caused a significant elevation of DNA strand breaks (5.838 versus 30.91%; P , 0.01) in OE33 cells. [...] Reducing the MB concentration 10-fold (1.5 mM)

The problem is that they never actually state a concentration. 15 mM is just a number of particles, not a concentration. Unless they're erroneously mean to say 15 mM/L.

Maybe the concentration can be gleaned from some other information in the paper, but they never state a figure of "15 mM/L" or anything like that.

Last edited:

CastorTroy

I use to take 20mg/d MB 4-5 days/week and red light bathing on those days. Isn't one of the benefits of MB to amplify the effects of red light wavelengths (around 660nm)? So if you expose to the sun, is like if MB made the sunlight spectrum to be stronger on the red light wavelenght over the rest of the spectrum. Anyway I don't think 20mg is a relevant dose to have any impact though.

golder

I use to take 20mg/d MB 4-5 days/week and red light bathing on those days. Isn't one of the benefits of MB to amplify the effects of red light wavelengths (around 660nm)? So if you expose to the sun, is like if MB made the sunlight spectrum to be stronger on the red light wavelenght over the rest of the spectrum. Anyway I don't think 20mg is a relevant dose to have any impact though.
20mg seems huge when Ray says 1mg is a large dose, and he strongly advocated combing with sunlight in one of the last Generative Energy podcasts.

CastorTroy

20mg seems huge when Ray says 1mg is a large dose, and he strongly advocated combing with sunlight in one of the last Generative Energy podcasts.
I'm unknown about his reference based opinion, but 0.25mg/kg is a rather low dose, specially when I don't take it all days. You can listen to Dr. Francisco Gonzalez-Lima which is one of the highest educated and researched ones with this substance. I avoid spending much time exposed to direct sunlight, but I do red light baths in a canopy with 633nm lamps every other day.

VansEnigma

I agree. I usually use 1-2mg max for MB unless I caught an infection. However, I recently bought some red lights from MitoRedLight. I had no idea that MB would increase the effectiveness of red light to the point where DNA damage could become a problem... I'm not sure if a low oral dose would function the same and be relatively safe or not.
I go to tanning beds often as well (more blue light exposure) and I was taken MB. I'm pretty I caused a lot of problems there to myself.