Mercury Detox

Velve921

Hello,

8 days ago I had 2 mercury fillings, 2 mercury/nickel crowns, and 1 root canal removed. Has anyone gone through a process similar to this? The first week I have had headaches, extremely exhausted, lots of fog, little imbalances when walking, feelings of depression. I am 100% a Peatarian and have been for 4 months...my mentor tells me not to do a formal detox because it's extremely painful. He recommends just letting the diet slowly detox the body over time from all heavy metals.

Any and all thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Just trying to figure out what to expect over the next couple weeks, months, and years.

Thanks!

pboy

indeed I agree with the use food over time
a good amount natural vit C is a huge helper

Peata

I had mine removed 5 years ago and had no problems that I noticed. If you do a search on the forum there were various mentions of mercury.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Did you have positive benefits after the removal?

Peata

Ewlevy1 said:
Did you have positive benefits after the removal?

Not that I'm aware of. I guess just the peace of mind knowing that was one less thing that could cause me trouble. I was free of mercury in my mouth, and I liked it.

tara

If you tolerate coffee, I think that may be one of the Peaty things that can help with gradual heavy metal detox? And I think selenium may be useful?

For lead detox, I think read elsewhere of a study that showed garlic may be as effective but safer than the usual medical chelators. Don't know if this applies to all heavy metals.

Speaking of which, if anyone knows more about lead detox, I'm interested.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I would use coffee except I used to be a coffee junky and it creates a tremendous adrenaline rush in my body...temps get turned upside down quick.

For selenium I use shrimp and eggs currently...the largest detox agent I use are epsom salt baths..2 a day for about an hour each.

tara

I can't handle proper coffee either at this stage - withdrawal is too nasty. I've never developed a habit for it. Lately I'm drinking decaf in my sweet milk all day. That seems to not be too bouncy, and may still have some of the liver-supportive effects.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Have you done a heavy metal detox or know anyone that has?

tara

Ewlevy1 said:
Have you done a heavy metal detox or know anyone that has?
Not me.
I've got a mouth full of metal. I've thought about removing amalgams, but so far not gone that far, for a number of reasons. I gather there is risk of increased absorption during removal. I'm also aware that tooth decay itself can be a metabolic burden, and my dentist keeps reminding me that the alternatives don't last as long - so I'd be back for frequent replacements. There don't appear to be any local dentists who follow a rigorous protocol for safe removal. And it's expensive, and I've go various less radical things to try first.
I think I've come across something (here?) suggegsting that in addition to the mercury the problems with amalgams (and underwire bras) may have to do with EMFs induced in the conductive metals.

There is also lead contamination in my area - people I know have been testing a bit high for blood lead levels.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Hey Tara,

I had my fillings removed by a hollistic dentist in St. Louis by the Name of Dr. Rehme. He is on a list of hollistic dentists that I found through Dr. Mercola's website..not sure if you have investigated hollistic dentistry but they take proper precautions during the procedure. It was actually extremely fascinating...they tested my teeth for vapor secretion and electric charge to see which amalgams were doing the most damage. Also, they have a connection with Wells Fargo where you can do a 12 month payment plan interest free to help with costs. You may have already investigated this procedure but I thought I give you the info.

It is funny there are mix opinions on the matter about mercury removal, I do know this though...I have been trying to get my temperature into the 97s while I sleep for 4 months. THe morning after the removal my temperature jumped to 97.7 and 98.8 during the day! So hopefully this means there will be something positive at the end of the tunnel.

Anybody else on the forum have experience with removal and going through detox?

tara

Ewlevy1 said:
I had my fillings removed by a hollistic dentist in St. Louis by the Name of Dr. Rehme. He is on a list of hollistic dentists that I found through Dr. Mercola's website..not sure if you have investigated hollistic dentistry but they take proper precautions during the procedure. It was actually extremely fascinating...they tested my teeth for vapor secretion and electric charge to see which amalgams were doing the most damage. Also, they have a connection with Wells Fargo where you can do a 12 month payment plan interest free to help with costs. You may have already investigated this procedure but I thought I give you the info.
I'm not in the US, and have looked locally.

Ewlevy1 said:
I have been trying to get my temperature into the 97s while I sleep for 4 months. THe morning after the removal my temperature jumped to 97.7 and 98.8 during the day! So hopefully this means there will be something positive at the end of the tunnel.
Wow - that sounds good - has this continued since?

pboy

once you have them removed, youll get better pretty soon. The main culprit of the daily onslaught of heavy metals, why people say you need to 'be detoxing' all the time, is from corroded pipes moving water, cooking in cast iron or other such vessels, sometimes food cutting blades and grinders drop in some metals...but the real thing is, by far, industrial pollution...the nickel, lead, chromium, manganese and more...any time you breath in exhaust or fumes, or any kind of pollution. Chemical fertalizers are also a huge contributing source. The main way people get them is by using cosmetics and hygienic products, house cleaning products, that have aluminum, lead, and sometimes other heavy metals.

Id worry about all of those things much before you worry about mercury (unless its still in you, in which case id say get it out asap as first priority), but now that you are over that, worry about the other stuff...if you in fact are worried about heavy metals

glutathione pathway is the main way body rids metals...so copper and vit C, selenium zinc probably the most important factors

OP
Velve921

Velve921

tara said:
Ewlevy1 said:
I'm not in the US, and have looked locally.

Ewlevy1 said:
I have been trying to get my temperature into the 97s while I sleep for 4 months. THe morning after the removal my temperature jumped to 97.7 and 98.8 during the day! So hopefully this means there will be something positive at the end of the tunnel.
Wow - that sounds good - has this continued since?
My temperature have gone down a but because I had to take Vicodin for the pain as I developed a dry socket from one of my teeth being pulled. I will keep you posted as it progresses back. My liver is sluggish as I tried having 2 beers last night at a wedding shower and I had to go home because of a killer headache.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

I have done a thread on this before, but I would like to receive more feedback. I had mercury fillings removed a month ago, does anyone know how long typically until mercury naturally detoxes from the body? Months? Years? I have heard through a peat diet it should slowly detox naturally over time. Thoughts?

Any and all thoughts are appreciated!

bradley

Peat has mentioned Succinic acid a few times as a safe mercury (and other heavy metal) chelator.

bradley

Peat has mentioned Succinic acid a few times as a safe mercury (and other heavy metal) chelator.

OP
Velve921

Velve921

Where can I find more information on this topic? Where has Peat discussed this?