MelaNon - Liquid Apigenin/Naringenin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut do you think melanon could be helpful for an external thrombosed haemerroid?

as in applied topically

Possibly, but vitamin K and progesterone topically may be better.

Peatogenic

I used the original version as well as the updated version of Melanon over several months.

The original was much thicker, and much more effective with less irritation. Reduced the appearance of pores significantly in a short time (couple of weeks), and made skin glow......very impressive!!!

The new version stings when applied, and seems to dry out skin while it appears less effective overall.

I will not be purchasing this product in its current form, as the irritation defeats the purpose. DMSO + Ethanol on the face = probably not wise.

Cheers! :)

Same exact experience. The first one was almost like runny honey in viscosity and color. The new one looks and feels like alcohol. The first one could give you a face lift in less than half an hour with the pore shrinkage. This one does nothing like that, though makes skin very smooth. I'm concerned about large surface area coverage with new formula.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Same exact experience. The first one was almost like runny honey in viscosity and color. The new one looks and feels like alcohol. The first one could give you a face lift in less than half an hour with the pore shrinkage. This one does nothing like that, though makes skin very smooth. I'm concerned about large surface area coverage with new formula.

The MelaNon formula has NOT changed at all. It is the same ingredients and solvents as we have always used. We may have had a batch or two very early on that we tried to dissolve in tocopherol/oil and this why it was viscous but for the last 3+ years it has always been DMSO/ethanol as solvent and has not been viscous. If somebody has the old version that was viscous, can you please send a picture of the label?

Peatogenic

The MelaNon formula has NOT changed at all. It is the same ingredients and solvents as we have always used. We may have had a batch or two very early on that we tried to dissolve in tocopherol/oil and this why it was viscous but for the last 3+ years it has always been DMSO/ethanol as solvent and has not been viscous. If somebody has the old version that was viscous, can you please send a picture of the label?

The last time I purchased it was around 2015/2016. Yeah, we must have gotten those few batches because it was *sticky* just like honey. I actually assumed it was viscous to hold up on a mole longer... No longer have the old bottle.

Peatogenic

I've been applying three drops of MelaNon to face at night and SolBan + Vit E in mornings for past two weeks, and I've noticed significant reduction in splotchiness, pore shrinkage, and the appearance of wrinkles significantly diminishing. I heard someone say that DMSO destroys DNA, whatever that means. That's not a concern here, is it? I'd like to use semi-longterm.

Last edited:

ddjd

I've been applying three drops of MelaNon to face at night and SolBan + Vit E in mornings for past two weeks, and I've noticed significant reduction in splotchiness, pore shrinkage, and the appearance of wrinkles significantly diminishing. I heard someone say that DMSO destroys genes, whatever that means. That's not a concern here, is it? I'd like to use semi-longterm.
Did you have any issue applying near to the eyes? Could it cause stinging/irritation to the eye?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
First time I hear this, but thanks for sharing. The stinging has been reported by other from other DMSO supplements. There is nothing in else in MelaNon except the active ingredients, ethanol and DMSO. Can you try spreading over a larger area to see if this diminishes the side stinging?

I have a bottle that I rarely use due to that effect. It feels like several bees stinging with an onset of about a minute post application.

I also use other products with DMSO without that effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
MelaNon without the DMSO. Whatever that is.

How would you make it a topical without the DMSO? The powder has to be dissolved in something that would get it through the skin. Just putting powder on the skin won't work.

johnsmith

I thought the formula did change. I have a bottle of MelaNon right in front of me from a year ago that says it uses SFA esters, and caffeine. I just ordered a new bottle and was surprised to find that it's labeled as having DMSO again. My only concern with DMSO is that I have a slight suspicion that it might make the benign fasciculation twitches in my body, that I sometimes get, worse. This may not be true at all, but it's something that has been on my suspicion list.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I thought the formula did change. I have a bottle of MelaNon right in front of me from a year ago that says it uses SFA esters, and caffeine. I just ordered a new bottle and was surprised to find that it's labeled as having DMSO again. My only concern with DMSO is that I have a slight suspicion that it might make the benign fasciculation twitches in my body, that I sometimes get, worse. This may not be true at all, but it's something that has been on my suspicion list.

The bottle you have was a one-time batch. We tried the SFA esters on MelaNon but had to drop it because it did not dissolve the chemicals well. So, aside from that one-time batch the product has always been apigenin/naringenin in DMSO/ethanol as solvent.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
The bottle you have was a one-time batch. We tried the SFA esters on MelaNon but had to drop it because it did not dissolve the chemicals well. So, aside from that one-time batch the product has always been apigenin/naringenin in DMSO/ethanol as solvent.

I wonder if that makes a difference with the stinging. I have an old bottle and it stings like a mofo. I am afraid to use it. It leaves a white mark on my skin too that resolves after few hours. Other DMSO products do not sting me.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I wonder if that makes a difference with the stinging. I have an old bottle and it stings like a mofo. I am afraid to use it. It leaves a white mark on my skin too that resolves after few hours. Other DMSO products do not sting me.

More likely to be the apigenin/naringenin. They do sting when I put some powder in under my tongue, so I guess the same effect is seen on skin.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
More likely to be the apigenin/naringenin. They do sting when I put some powder in under my tongue, so I guess the same effect is seen on skin.

Would you recommend stopping it, diluting it, or just continue use on small areas while tolerating the stings?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would you recommend stopping it, diluting it, or just continue use on small areas while tolerating the stings?

I would try using on other areas and rotating every few days so that it does not irritate one spot too much.

LeeLemonoil

There are a bunch of newer studies on Apigenin and Naringenin from late 2018 and early 2019, seems research into this compounds or medical herbs that contain these, all showing promising results (anti-inflammatory, Endotoxin-protection, favourable steroid modulation and so forth)

In Vivo Anti-inflammatory and Antiallergic Activity of Pure Naringenin, Naringenin Chalcone, and Quercetin in Mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Targeting MAPK Pathways by Naringenin Modulates Microglia M1/M2 Polarization in Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated Cultures. - PubMed - NCBI

Naringenin has a chemoprotective effect in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells via inhibition of caspase-3 and -9 activities. - PubMed - NCBI

The Flavanone, Naringenin, Modifies Antioxidant and Steroidogenic Enzyme Activity in a Rat Model of Letrozole-Induced Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. - PubMed - NCBI (of interest becuase some speculate about estrogenic effects of naringenin - this hints otherwise)

Antidepressive Effects of Taraxacum Officinale in a Mouse Model of Depression Are Due to Inhibition of Corticosterone Levels and Modulation of Mito... - PubMed - NCBI (eat more dandelion)

The Therapeutic Potential of Naringenin: A Review of Clinical Trials. - PubMed - NCBI

Naringenin attenuates inflammation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in cigarette smoke induced mouse model and involves suppression of NF-κB. - PubMed - NCBI

Apigenin Protects the Brain against Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury via Caveolin-1/VEGF In Vitro and In Vivo. - PubMed - NCBI

Deciphering the Molecular Mechanisms Sustaining the Estrogenic Activity of the Two Major Dietary Compounds Zearalenone and Apigenin in ER-Positive ... - PubMed - NCBI

Extract and fraction of Cassia occidentalis L. (a synonym of Senna occidentalis) have osteogenic effect and prevent glucocorticoid-induced osteopenia. - PubMed - NCBI

Hepatoprotective effects and structure-activity relationship of five flavonoids against lipopolysaccharide/d-galactosamine induced acute liver fail... - PubMed - NCBI

Photoprotective and Antigenotoxic Effects of the Flavonoids Apigenin, Naringenin and Pinocembrin. - PubMed - NCBI