OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm not a chemist but I just thought that, since the Mg L-p wouldn't dissolve in SFA or ethanol - pretty much a deal killer - maybe there was a chance that a substance that could dissolve it would also be able to work with the choline. Anyway, a nice ivory-tower theory...:wacky:

Choline would dissolve well in SFA/ethanol so the "battle" now is to find a magnesium salt that dissolves well in those solvents.

However, the only commercially viable product that I have seen so far uses a concentrated magnesium chloride (Mg-Cl) solution (in water). Not only is that solution irritating to the skin but several studies that looked at blood and tissue biomarkers of Mg stores claimed that very little (if anything) gets absorbed from that product.
When you say you found a combination that appears to "work well", you mean you looked at those blood and tissue biomarkers of Mg stores with improved numbers over those tested by the studies with MgCl2? May you reference those numbers?

Choline would dissolve well in SFA/ethanol so the "battle" now is to find a magnesium salt that dissolves well in those solvents.
Why not a nanoemulsion?

Last edited:

dbh25

What is a good magnesium test to get, and what level is considered optimal?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
When you say you found a combination that appears to "work well", you mean you looked at those blood and tissue biomarkers of Mg stores with improved numbers over those tested by the studies with MgCl2? May you reference those numbers?

Why not a nanoemulsion?

I looked at the studies with Mg Cl and used it on myself as well. It did not raise blood or tissue magnesium levels. I also tested it on myself and 3 other people. None of them got warm, relaxed, sleepy or had improved bowel movements which would be typical signs of higher magnesium levels. Magnoil had effects on all of these and the last one is a pretty objective marker of magnesium getting absorbed. If you want, try 2-3 doses of Magnoil in a single day and you will see how it changes your BM. As a comparison try the same amount of magnesium from the Mg Cl products sold as sprays.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What is a good magnesium test to get, and what level is considered optimal?

Regular blood tests for magnesium are probably not very reliable as magnesium is an intracellular element and should not be in the blood in high amounts. RBC magnesium is a better marker and I think @Dan Wich has some providers on his website that offer it.

I looked at the studies with Mg Cl and used it on myself as well. It did not raise blood or tissue magnesium levels. I also tested it on myself and 3 other people. None of them got warm, relaxed, sleepy or had improved bowel movements which would be typical signs of higher magnesium levels. Magnoil had effects on all of these and the last one is a pretty objective marker of magnesium getting absorbed. If you want, try 2-3 doses of Magnoil in a single day and you will see how it changes your BM. As a comparison try the same amount of magnesium from the Mg Cl products sold as sprays.
I meant to be specific on the question, setting the "feelings/perceptions" aside for another talk. I meant numbers, same as those you used from the studies with MgCl2 as reference. You say you checked yourself blood and tissue levels before-after with MgCl2, right?. The question is: did you do the same with the Magnoil solution? if so, what numbers did you obtain?

Thanks.

Dan W

RBC magnesium is a better marker and I think @Dan Wich has some providers on his website that offer it.
Here's my section for RBC, although I need to add Ulta as an option because their prices are even cheaper ($29 + $8 for the draw).

There's also a section on epithelial cell testing for anyone willing to hunt down a doctor for the prescription, but it's $300+.

I meant to be specific on the question, setting the "feelings/perceptions" aside for another talk. I meant numbers, same as those you used from the studies with MgCl2 as reference. You say you checked yourself blood and tissue levels before-after with MgCl2, right?. The question is: did you do the same with the Magnoil solution? if so, what numbers did you obtain?

To that previous question, I'd want to add this:

- Did you use in both tests the same amount of elemental Mg by weight? how much this was?
- Did you use DMSO with the MgCl2 as well?

Rand56

I don't know if less is more with Magnoil, but I tried the most drops yesterday in one application, 10 drops, yesterday morning, but it wiped me out. Not from being overly sleepy, but from having zero energy throughout the whole day. I wasn't expecting this kind of reaction.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How about 10 drops? Is that effective as well ?

I tried last night and it still made me calm and sleepy, so I guess even a lower dose has an effect.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Thanks.

No, I meant I tested Mg Cl on myself and other and nobody got increased BM or higher Mg blood levels on blood tests. Granted, the latter is probably not a good biomarker as I mentioned earlier, so an RBC test needs to be done. Magnoil did cause rather rapid change in BM, but RBC tests have not been done yet.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Here's my section for RBC, although I need to add Ulta as an option because their prices are even cheaper ($29 + $8 for the draw).

There's also a section on epithelial cell testing for anyone willing to hunt down a doctor for the prescription, but it's $300+.

Maybe somebody could ask Peat if hair/nail testing is accurate for assessing magnesium. I remember somebody asked him about hair analysis as per gbol references and he said nails would be much better. Assuming nails are better, do you know of any provider that would nail tests? Maybe the hair analysis providers do nails as well??

Between all the forms you tried, was Magnesium Acetyltaurinate considered among them. I say it because some argued against dmso and mag pidolate isn't oil soluble but acetyltaurinate is.

Last edited:

brix

Maybe somebody could ask Peat if hair/nail testing is accurate for assessing magnesium. I remember somebody asked him about hair analysis as per gbol references and he said nails would be much better. Assuming nails are better, do you know of any provider that would nail tests? Maybe the hair analysis providers do nails as well??

Over on gbolds forum, the members (myself included) have been doing hair tests. Many people have gotten better since treating these mineral imbalances, with magnesium and calcium being the major two. So I would not discount hair tissue mineral analyses.

Dan W

Assuming nails are better, do you know of any provider that would nail tests? Maybe the hair analysis providers do nails as well??
I've never found a US one, but here's some other countries:
  • German lab, ~111€/$135. As far as I can tell, they're open to other countries.
  • Vietnamese company that I think might be reselling the lab above. I don't know the price.
  • UK company that works with Europe and the Middle East, ~£149.00. They don't list the minerals tested, but there's 26 of them, so I figure magnesium's probably included.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've never found a US one, but here's some other countries:
  • German lab, ~111€/$135. As far as I can tell, they're open to other countries.
  • Vietnamese company that I think might be reselling the lab above. I don't know the price.
  • UK company that works with Europe and the Middle East, ~£149.00. They don't list the minerals tested, but there's 26 of them, so I figure magnesium's probably included.

Great, thanks! I might try the German or UK one if they agree to accept samples from USA.

GAF

My back was hurting from low to high
I had moved some boxes I thought with a sigh
I was restless so I said to my sweetie
Please Magnoil my back so I can get some sleepy
I don't really remember exactly what happened
But I woke up this morning ready for action

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My back was hurting from low to high