OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
No stickiness like DMSO? I thought Magoil had DMSO in it?

It does, I think the comment was meant for when using DMSO on its own. But I'll defer to that use to clarify.

Muckl3

Haidut as you said posts back that magnoil users have felt they can lower the dose after so long because of saturation could this apply to calcirol and kuinone too?

O

Oniyogini

No stickiness like DMSO? I thought Magoil had DMSO in it?
You are correct. But the Mag Oil- mag chloride, not Magnoil- with DMSO leaves a very sticky and itchy residue which I had to wipe off before getting into bed. I don't have to do that with Magnoil.
I am actually dosing 10 drops almost every night- takes approximately 2 hours to dry smooth- as I think my sleep is much more restful with it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut as you said posts back that magnoil users have felt they can lower the dose after so long because of saturation could this apply to calcirol and kuinone too?

Yes, and probably to anything else that tends to build up like for example pregnenolone, progesterone, DHEA, etc.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
How would this effect blood pressure? Are there any testimonials? I read half the thread but couldn't find any.

I am somewhat hypotensive 90/60 and my mom is hypertensive and on medications.

Thank you very much.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How would this effect blood pressure? Are there any testimonials? I read half the thread but couldn't find any.

I am somewhat hypotensive 90/60 and my mom is hypertensive and on medications.

Thank you very much.

Magnesium has been shown in some studies to lower BP, so if it is already low then I'd ask a doctor before using.

Makrosky

My experience with magnoil so far, 12-16 drops each time (total) on both forearms except 2 of the drops were applied to one finger in my hand which I sprained some months ago and still hurts:

- I was about to sleep at 2am and I thought it was a good idea to boost the sleeppiness a bit more with magnoil, since I have some jetlag right now. Well, not only did not help to sleep but it kept me fully awake until 6 am. I was not stressed neither more relaxed. Just calm and awake. I liked the feeling a lot, too bad it was late at night.

- Next night, I repeat the same. This time I know I'm going out for some beers so keeping me awake is good. I feel more awake, alcohol consumption makes me much less drunk. Overall good well being feeling.

- Two days after I try it in the morning. Now this is the right time for me to take it.

So I can confirm the experience of another user in the thread that it can create insomnia.

To me it feels kind of what like l-tyrosine should feel. Awake, centered, motivated but not anxious or any stress reaction. Calm. I would unscientifically describe it as "dopaminergic" feeling. Like it a lot.

Mild temporarly alleviation of the sprained finger pain. I was expecting the DMSO+Magnesium combo to heal it but it is exactly the same as before. I just got a temporary relief like if I had applied some weak painkilling cream.

I know the magnesium was fully absorved because even though I didn't get loose stools, I could notice a big "difference" wiping my butt. If you know what I mean ;)

Edit : LOL!! I was just checking the cardenosine thread for more info on the L-pyroglutamic acid and see it heavyly helps with alcohol detox. Yes, I can confirm that 100%. Also it helps with ADHD, I can confirm it does. Incredible how what I felt matches exactly with the info on the cardenosine post which I never readed before.

Now I want to try cardenosine. @haidut you are a ***g dealer man! hahaha

Last edited:

milk_lover

Personally I feel this is a great product in general. But doing it a lot or large doses can interfere with calcium metabolism. I think calcium from milk leans my face and too much magnesium bloats my face and body. Unless you drink a lot of milk, I don't see why you would want to take large doses of this product because it's potent. Excess magnesium, especially with low dietary consumption of calcium or excess of phosphate, increases the conversion from vitamin D to the active form, calcitriol, which can increase serotonin in the brain. Serotonin tends to cause bone loss, increasing parathyroid hormone.

Makrosky

Personally I feel this is a great product in general. But doing it a lot or large doses can interfere with calcium metabolism. I think calcium from milk leans my face and too much magnesium bloats my face and body. Unless you drink a lot of milk, I don't see why you would want to take large doses of this product because it's potent. Excess magnesium, especially with low dietary consumption of calcium or excess of phosphate, increases the conversion from vitamin D to the active form, calcitriol, which can increase serotonin in the brain. Serotonin tends to cause bone loss, increasing parathyroid hormone.
I guess the body is wise enough to make you absorv enough magnesium as needed until you get loose stools ? What do you think ?

milk_lover

I guess the body is wise enough to make you absorv enough magnesium as needed until you get loose stools ? What do you think ?
Maybe. Maybe it's the DMSO that causes the bloated face/body? I am not sure at this point. But I like the effect of calcium in my body much more than magnesium.

Makrosky

Maybe. Maybe it's the DMSO that causes the bloated face/body? I am not sure at this point. But I like the effect of calcium in my body much more than magnesium.
Yeah, difficult to guess what is really going on, you made very good points anyway. I guess experimentation is the only way to know. Not only DMSO but this magnesium supplement has also L-pyroglutamic acid which has it's effects on its own.

Amazoniac

I tried [10 drops] last night and it still made me calm and sleepy, so I guess even a lower dose has an effect.
I'm very puzzled by the reports in this thread. There were people (including ours truly) using less than an entire serving and still noticing effects. When you consider that the adsorption of magnesium from a typical 500 ml bottle of mineral water drank in two times must surpass those 30 mg of magnesium from the suggested serving without difficulty (and that people barely feel something), we have to wonder if magnesium in your dosages isn't just a coadjuvant.

The suspicion is reinforced by the fact that people don't report these effects from other salts, and the amounts apsordeb are much greater (usual 30% for 150 mg as example).

How much of the effect is from the other stuff present? The same benefits from topical use are there when people ingest it? This would rule out that it's due to avoiding the unabsorbed fraction when using on skin.

Last edited:

Makrosky

I'm very puzzled by the reports in this thread. There were people (including ours truly) using less than an entire serving and still noticing effects. When you consider that the adsorption of magnesium from a typical 500 ml bottle of mineral water drank in two times must surpass those 30 mg of magnesium from the suggested serving without difficulty (and that people barely feel something), we have to wonder if magnesium in your dosages isn't just a coadjuvant.

The suspicion is reinforced by the fact that people don't report these effects from other salts, and the amounts apsordeb are much greater (usual 30% for 150 mg as example).

The main effect can be from the other stuff present, but also as you avoid problems from the unabsorbed fraction when applied topically.
People generally feel muscle relaxation with magnesium supplements. Myself included, for the record.

Very good points you write, I agree with your thoughts and I am semi-puzzled too, it is something I also thought but didn't want to mention until reading more info on l-pyroglutamic acid. In my case I suspect a lot of the more evident effects from magnoil are from the l-pyroglutamic acid ?

Anyway Amazoniac... the feces thing is undeniable. I need very high doses of other forms of oral magnesium to get these kind of "looseish" feces.

Last edited:

milk_lover

Yeah, difficult to guess what is really going on, you made very good points anyway. I guess experimentation is the only way to know. Not only DMSO but this magnesium supplement has also L-pyroglutamic acid which has it's effects on its own.
Hmm never thought of L-pyroglutamic acid. Maybe it's doing the weird things to my body, not the magnesium or the DMSO. Haidut mentioned this is like an oxidized version of proline but I react badly to proline and glycine from experience. Gelatin bloats me like a lactating cow.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

How much of the effect is from the other stuff present? The same benefits from topical use are there when people ingest it? This would rule out that it's due to avoiding the unabsorbed fraction when using on skin.

Well, unless you think DMSO is giving all these effects the only thing that remains is pyroglutamic acid and that one is actually a known stimulant.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
So I can confirm the experience of another user in the thread that it can create insomnia.

To me it feels kind of what like l-tyrosine should feel. Awake, centered, motivated but not anxious or any stress reaction. Calm. I would unscientifically describe it as "dopaminergic" feeling. Like it a lot.

Lol, thanks for the feedback! Nothing illegal inside the product. The stimulating effects are probably due to the pyroglutamic acid, as described in the Cardenosine thread.

Amazoniac

Well, unless you think DMSO is giving all these effects the only thing that remains is pyroglutamic acid and that one is actually a known stimulant.
The chemical name of L-PGA is 5-oxo-proline (5-keto-proline) and its properties are much more similar to proline than to glutamic acid. In fact, L-PGA has been shown to act as a glutamate antagonist, at least in the brain.
What do you mean?
Is pidolic acid adsorbed intact from skin?

It's easy to find out the effect of magnesium by replacing it with calcium.

I was reading the experiments that used magnesium pidolate and they don't treat this salt in a special way. One of them used 540 mg of magnesium requiring 6200 mg of this form compared to Magnoil's serving of 333 mg.

There are people reporting noticeable effects from something like 20 mg of magnesium, it's surprising to me. Since I can't explain the losing of the stools while people adsorb more from the typical supplement, the only way to reconcile is by assuming that all posters here are Georgies in different accounts.

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What do you mean?
Is pidolic acid adsorbed intact from skin?

It's easy to find out the effect of magnesium by replacing it with calcium.

I was reading the experiments that used magnesium pidolate and they don't treat this salt in a special way. One of them used 540 mg of magnesium requiring 6200 mg of this form compared to Magnoil's serving of 333 mg.

There are people reporting noticeable effects from something like 20 mg of magnesium, it's surprising to me. Since I can't explain the losing of the stools while people adsorb more from the typical supplement, the only way to reconcile is by assuming that all posters here are Georgies in different accounts.

I have only one account on this forum. If you look at the postings of all of those people they are so diverse and obviously written by different people.
And yes, pidolic acid is absorbed through the skin. Some of it may get metabolized into GABA or even succinic acid depending on what enzymes are available in the skin, but most of it gets through unchanged when dissolved in DMSO.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals