OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Looking forward to experimenting with a non-DMSO version. Hopefully by the end of the year?

Yes, that's the plan. Surprisingly, it is very hard to find non-hydrated salts of magnesium but with enough effort things eventually materialize.

jaakkima

After a while of use:
Helped correct my Vitamin D level which was stubborn before using more Mg
Helped me respond better to thyroid
Is helping my gut barrier integrity, which is one of my main issues, and thus my overall symptoms

Mossy

After a while of use:
Helped correct my Vitamin D level which was stubborn before using more Mg
Helped me respond better to thyroid
Is helping my gut barrier integrity, which is one of my main issues, and thus my overall symptoms
Same question, please—are you taking this internally?

jaakkima

Yes, that's the plan. Surprisingly, it is very hard to find non-hydrated salts of magnesium but with enough effort things eventually materialize.
How do you think the absorption of the new version will compare to the DMSO version? Will you keep a DMSO version? I'm using a really high amount currently and it's proving absolutely essential right now (I'm the guy from over email trying to fix the clotting issues).

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How do you think the absorption of the new version will compare to the DMSO version? Will you keep a DMSO version? I'm using a really high amount currently and it's proving absolutely essential right now (I'm the guy from over email trying to fix the clotting issues).

DMSO version will stay. I don't know how much will absorb but it seems to be absorbing well enough to cause sedation at higher doses. It also depends a lot on a person's skin and their hormonal balance. People with higher cortisol have very thin skin and can get very strong effects even from low doses. Conversely, people with thicker skin often need higher doses or longer exposure time to get the same effects. So, it will have to be a trial-error experiment to see what works best.

Katty

Been taking magnoil for a few days. Just a few drops at morning and night. Tonight, I rubbed 7 drops on my belly, which is the most I've used at one time. Mood and energy improved after 20-30 minutes. However, about an hour later, had uncomfortable loose stools. I wouldn't think that 7 drops would cause such an extreme reaction. Does this mean that my body is absorbing the magnesium, but it isn't getting into the cell? So my body pushes the rest out? Upthread, Haidut mentioned that mag needs to be balanced with calcium, so maybe my minerals are out of balance? Any idea why I'd have such an extreme loose stool response with only 7 drops?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Been taking magnoil for a few days. Just a few drops at morning and night. Tonight, I rubbed 7 drops on my belly, which is the most I've used at one time. Mood and energy improved after 20-30 minutes. However, about an hour later, had uncomfortable loose stools. I wouldn't think that 7 drops would cause such an extreme reaction. Does this mean that my body is absorbing the magnesium, but it isn't getting into the cell? So my body pushes the rest out? Upthread, Haidut mentioned that mag needs to be balanced with calcium, so maybe my minerals are out of balance? Any idea why I'd have such an extreme loose stool response with only 7 drops?

It suggests your magnesium stores are pretty good. Probably no need to take that much. Some other people in the thread had the same results and now take only 3-4 drops daily.

Katty

It suggests your magnesium stores are pretty good. Probably no need to take that much. Some other people in the thread had the same results and now take only 3-4 drops daily.
OK, thanks for your response. However, the higher dose definitely improved mood, so it seems perhaps my body did need/like more, suggesting my magnesium stores aren't necessarily that great....? Frustrating when it helps one way, but causes issues in another.

Tried it three times. Half dose topically on my belly. Felt more calm and focused without feeling drowsy. Historically always had problems with relaxing and being hyper lots of times. I can describe the feeling as "grounded". Amazing. Gonna play with the dose and report later. Cheers!

B

Braveheart

Even though I've been satisfied with my daily mag chloride and mag gly I was itching to try the IdeaLabs Magnoil...Haidut's research was convincing and mag is one of my top priorities...
After receiving my order and re-reading the Magnoil thread I started my first night w a conservative 6 drops on leg/thigh...noticed nothing dramatic ...this didn't surprise me because I monitor my mag and run around 650 mg daily. I go to bed early and usually have a short but restorative nights sleep...so I wake up quite early and just lay in bed and start stressing somewhat...the only time I feel stress in my day is early morning after awakening...often worrying about my health, my lack of money, my disability, my young daughter...on and on and on...what AA calls "stinkin' thinkin'"...well, surprise!...when I take my little 6 drops of Magnoil before bed my sleep is even deeper and when I awake...not a worry or negative thought/stress in sight!? ...consistently...this is gold man, plus I get the added benefits of a little dmso...thanks Mr. Giorgy.!
Could this be synergistic w my 10mg Stressnon/1 mg Androsterone somehow?...but it's actually the addition of Magnoil that has caused the positive change....

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Tried it three times. Half dose topically on my belly. Felt more calm and focused without feeling drowsy. Historically always had problems with relaxing and being hyper lots of times. I can describe the feeling as "grounded". Amazing. Gonna play with the dose and report later. Cheers!

Amazing! Thanks for the feedback!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Even though I've been satisfied with my daily mag chloride and mag gly I was itching to try the IdeaLabs Magnoil...Haidut's research was convincing and mag is one of my top priorities...
After receiving my order and re-reading the Magnoil thread I started my first night w a conservative 6 drops on leg/thigh...noticed nothing dramatic ...this didn't surprise me because I monitor my mag and run around 650 mg daily. I go to bed early and usually have a short but restorative nights sleep...so I wake up quite early and just lay in bed and start stressing somewhat...the only time I feel stress in my day is early morning after awakening...often worrying about my health, my lack of money, my disability, my young daughter...on and on and on...what AA calls "stinkin' thinkin'"...well, surprise!...when I take my little 6 drops of Magnoil before bed my sleep is even deeper and when I awake...not a worry or negative thought/stress in sight!? ...consistently...this is gold man, plus I get the added benefits of a little dmso...thanks Mr. Giorgy.!
Could this be synergistic w my 10mg Stressnon/1 mg Androsterone somehow?...but it's actually the addition of Magnoil that has caused the positive change....

Nice, glad it is helping!
Yes, magnesium is usually synergistic with pregnenolone and other steroids, mostly because it increase the conversion of pregnenolone into downstream steroids and also because it potentiates the GABA effects of steroids like allopregnanolone (a pregnenolone metabolite) and androsterone (a GABA agonist).

RobertJM

What tests are available to see how this product goes is affecting my levels?

RobertJM

I suppose the main thing for me is that I have regular bowel from this product. No loose bowels. That alone keeps my metabolic rate at a very decent level, and for 30 bucks per month, I can’t really put a price on that. It’s pretty much the most profound thing I can do for my health in terms of my metabolism.

In terms of increasing levels, am I at more benefit of doing smaller amounts three times per day, or just continue as I am, and taking 30 drops on a ‘once only’ protocol, each evening? But am I only absorbing a certain amount of magnesium on ‘three time’ (and ‘spaced out’, multiple time) application? During the day I focus more on calcium supplentation (to offset phosphorus intake), as per Peat’s recommendations.

Are you considering ever releasing a calcium supplement? What about a taurine and/or glycine supplement? You have released threads pretty much saying that these amino acids aid in a lot of health conditions. I notice anabolic effects from taurine, for sure. I had to stop taking gelatin (Great Lakes) for the glycine, because, for the previous two winters, it made me extremely susceptible to colds/flus and just generally feeling like my immune function was really bad. I know Peat recommends Great Lakes, but there’s something not right about either gelatin or that particular product for me. Glycine supplementation alone doesn’t have this effect, but I then have to worry about taking teaspoons of a product which is probably not as pure as I’d like. Just wondering...

Lastly, I’m thinking about adding this to my cats cat food. I am very wary of adding any metabolic enhancing supplements to my cats food, as I know from adding these supplements to my own lifestyle, and from that not meeting the calorific needs to support them, it can be equally as stressful as a low metabolic state. However, I don’t notice this effect from magnesium, or from your magnoil product.

O

Oniyogini

Apologies if I repeat what others have already said but I love this Magnoil. I usually use 5 drops per calf- total 10 drops- only when needed i.e.: tired from being on my feet at work, or just feel like a top-up- before bed.
I sleep like a baby (at my age that's a big stretch!)
But the best thing about this product? It dries smooth- yes, makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom....no stickiness like Mag Oil and DMSO....I had to wipe that off before bed.
Worth its weight in gold!
Thank you Haidut.

Dave Clark

Apologies if I repeat what others have already said but I love this Magnoil. I usually use 5 drops per calf- total 10 drops- only when needed i.e.: tired from being on my feet at work, or just feel like a top-up- before bed.
But the best thing about this product? It dries smooth- yes, makes my skin feel like a baby's bottom....no stickiness like Mag Oil and DMSO....I had to wipe that off before bed.
Thank you Haidut.
No stickiness like DMSO? I thought Magoil had DMSO in it?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thank you Haidut.

Awesome! Thanks for the great feedback!