Magnesium Causing Gyno, How Is This Even Possible?

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

If your T levels are off the chart then there's the possibility you have a lot of estrone too. Just the possibility. Can you check it with a blood test? But I think having high estrone with high T shouldn't cause gyno. But who knows. Anyway are you sure it's gyno?

I only get gyno relapse with mag and zinc. Accutane was the initiator about a year ago. I'm positive it's gyno...i know the feeling of it growing all too well. The pulsating deep painful feeling, the pain when my nipples come into contact with anything, the white hyperpigmentation marks around the nipple (signaling the growth of tissue). Definately gyno, happens about an hour after ingesting the Mag Citrate, thought it was coincidence at first so I went on and off in a span of a few weeks. Takes about a day for the Mag to stop affecting me after I take it. Pulsating/growing feeling stops completely...

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

I forgot to mention something. Don't know how substantial this info will be but here goes; My right nipple is MUCH more sensitive to gyno growth...like the pulsating/growing is much worse on my right nipple. Left nipple has minor changes. It's like my left and right chest belong to two different bodies. Makes absolutely no sense, unless each side has different amounts of receptors/aromatose etc.

That makes sense, but how would this explain magnesium causing gyno? Like I actually notice some benefits from magnesium but those are negated by the fact it causes gyno...

to be honest, i'm not sure. i myself have struggled with magnesium supplements. sometimes i take it, it doesnt do anything for me at all, no noticeable effect, sometimes it causes me a stress response too, i have used the kind that you put on your skin, sometimes ive used them and it caused me hemroids before. it could be irritating or something to be honest.

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

to be honest, i'm not sure. i myself have struggled with magnesium supplements. sometimes i take it, it doesnt do anything for me at all, no noticeable effect, sometimes it causes me a stress response too, i have used the kind that you put on your skin, sometimes ive used them and it caused me hemroids before. it could be irritating or something to be honest.

True, there is no telling where the issue stems from. Maybe it's the citrate? Considering...it irritates the bowel. I will try glycinate next...appreciate the help.

True, there is no telling where the issue stems from. Maybe it's the citrate? Considering...it irritates the bowel. I will try llucinate next...

why not just get it from food? boiled broth is the best source, strong coffee, milk, all provide it if you have adequate thyroid

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

why not just get it from food? boiled broth is the best source, strong coffee, milk, all provide it if you have adequate thyroid

Ehh, food is fine...but I want to be able to take supplements and i want to figure out why mag citr is causing such weird effects. I drink alot of milk, no gyno from it...i want to get to the bottom of this.

Makrosky

I only get gyno relapse with mag and zinc. Accutane was the initiator about a year ago. I'm positive it's gyno...i know the feeling of it growing all too well. The pulsating deep painful feeling, the pain when my nipples come into contact with anything, the white hyperpigmentation marks around the nipple (signaling the growth of tissue). Definately gyno, happens about an hour after ingesting the Mag Citrate, thought it was coincidence at first so I went on and off in a span of a few weeks. Takes about a day for the Mag to stop affecting me after I take it. Pulsating/growing feeling stops completely...
Ok I understand. Can you please elaborate on that Pulsating/growing feeling ? Like you can feel you are growing ***s or what ?

Is it just a feeling of it growing or do they actually grow in size ?

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

Ok I understand. Can you please elaborate on that Pulsating/growing feeling ? Like you can feel you are growing ***s or what ?

It's a feeling, if you've ever had gyno you know it. The size increases with the pain. It's literally like you can feel it growing

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

A sharp throbbing pain.

Makrosky

It's a feeling, if you've ever had gyno you know it. The size increases with the pain. It's literally like you can feel it growing
Like you are growing woman breasts ? Sorry for being so explicit I'll explain you later why I'm asking that much.

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

So they are not actually growing in size, it's only the feeling that they are growing.

There is a feeling and growth. When i took accutane a year and a half ago I got that feeling and my nipples started to poke out, i felt around and tissue was present. I had never experienced this so i googled and discovered gynecomastia. I stopped the accutane soon after. A year later it has gone down considerably...i started taking magnesium and the same feeling and growth of breast tissue I got on accutane is returning. So yes there is actual growth.

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

Maybei should high dose some vitamin E for anti estrogen? Even though it makes me asexual.

Makrosky

I don't know how or why magnesium is causing this...but it is
Yeah me neither, I have no idea why magnesium can cause that.

Are you sure it's not muscle growing ? It wouldn't surprise me if your T levels are very high.

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

Yeah me neither, I have no idea why magnesium can cause that.

Are you sure it's not muscle growing ? It wouldn't surprise me if your T levels are very high.

Haha, definately not muscle growth. It's hard to explain if you've never had gyno. Just Google gynecomastia pain.

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

If E makes you feel asexual then maybe you're deficient in K. K inhibits aromatase as well.

Hmmm, i see. So maybe my estrogen is too low and taking magnesium my body tries to normalize hormones causing gyno? Idk

OP
L

LambdaAlpha

Gonna take a vitamin E and see if I get that asexual feeling. Started creatine and vit e at same time

DaLeo

This is straight out of mineral balancing: if you have underactive adrenals, magnesium can worsen symptoms. Whereas if you have overactive or normal adrenals, it is beneficial. Just a shot in the dark but try to run the 2 simple tests from here:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals