Lisuride - Liquid Lisuride For Lab/R&D

Jsaute21

Also was wondering if anyone had reviews for lisuride's relation to athletic performance, sex drive and cognitive function? Very close to ordering as the reviews seem unanimously positive, other than the concern that the product is more ideal for females than males.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have a sister that was recently prescribed zoloft after a major weight loss surgery. She has lost nearly 200 LBS. She was 300 LBs and is now 130. The surgery was 7 or so months ago. She has encountered some anxiety, depression, constipation, forgetfulness, etc the past couple of months. She went to a doctor and they put her on Zoloft. Obviously I know this is the worst possible choice for her. I wanted to see which options you guys feel are best for someone trying to alleviate depression and obviously metabolism. She looks great, but feels awful.

Lisuride seems to be a great choice, with maybe a small dose of pregnenolone? I already bought her estroban.

Lower dose oral pregnenolone (30mg daily) is probably one of the safest things to try. If she has to stay on a doctor-approved drug then at least she can ask to be changed over to Mirtazapine. Since it is approved in USA for depression, it is the least dangerous choice of Big Pharma drugs.

Last edited:

DennisX

A human study using oral dosing found that 8mg single dose reach concentrations of 120nM/L and kept it at that level for a few hours. So, 1/8 of that dose (1mg) will probably achieve at least 10nM/L levels. At 8nM/L cypro starts antagonizing D3, so maybe another reason Peat says that even 0.5mg cypro twice a day should be better than 1mg single dose.
In the paper The anti-histaminic cyproheptadine synergizes the antineoplastic activity of bortezomib in mantle cell lymphoma through its effects as a histone deacetylase inhibitor - Paoluzzi - 2009 - British Journal of Haematology - Wiley Online Library
"Very few clinical studies have been reported regarding the in vivo pharmacokinetic profile of cyproheptadine in humans. The peak plasma concentration after a single oral dose of 5–8 mg is between 140 and 320 nM/L" Page 4 paragraph 2

Soren

Forum Supporter
What's the length of time before lisuride expires if properly stored, I. E. Refrigerated?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
What's the length of time before lisuride expires if properly stored, I. E. Refrigerated?

Same as my response for metergoline.

Waynish

Pleasantly surprised. 1 drop of lisuride to the abdomen and digestion improves more than most methods - and not tired and apathetic like after using cypro! Time to try the other serotonin antagonists as well... Maybe they all feel different :)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Pleasantly surprised. 1 drop of lisuride to the abdomen and digestion improves more than most methods - and not tired and apathetic like after using cypro! Time to try the other serotonin antagonists as well... Maybe they all feel different :)

Great, thanks for the feedback!

moriwatzi

Intratesticular serotonin affects steroidogenesis in the rat testis. - PubMed - NCBI

"In adults, bilateral intratesticular injection of 5-HT resulted in a significant decrease in basal but not in hCG-stimulated testosterone secretion and in serum testosterone concentration, whereas ketanserin induced a significant rise in steroidogenesis 1 h post-treatment. [...]. Data also suggest that, in both age groups, the effect of 5-HT is mediated through 5-HT2 receptors."

Feel another experiment coming up... ;-)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Intratesticular serotonin affects steroidogenesis in the rat testis. - PubMed - NCBI

"In adults, bilateral intratesticular injection of 5-HT resulted in a significant decrease in basal but not in hCG-stimulated testosterone secretion and in serum testosterone concentration, whereas ketanserin induced a significant rise in steroidogenesis 1 h post-treatment. [...]. Data also suggest that, in both age groups, the effect of 5-HT is mediated through 5-HT2 receptors."

Feel another experiment coming up... ;-)

Yep, posted this in another thread. Cyproheptadine should also work for this experiment and it was shown to reverse age-related decline in gonadal function in cats.

mujuro

Impressions so far are great. It crushes anxiety and depression. Appetite is amazing. Motivation is better than it has been in months. There's another strange feeling that I can't put my finger on. I almost feel flat, but this can't be true because I am enjoying most things, including food, more than I have in months. I laugh more, I enjoy just talking with the wife, my cognition is better, I'm more focused on work and study. Maybe that "flat" feeling is actually stability. Usually I'm either high or low with rarely a middle ground. One thing I was doing today was I kept fumbling words but my wife said that happens whenever I'm too energetic. This doesn't feel like mania - it doesn't even feel like hypomania. It feels like normality.

This is the 3rd day I've tried lisuride. First day it was 200mcg, then 100mcg, and then again today with 200mcg. I dose it first thing in the morning since I have to use an antipsychotic at night to sleep. Fortunately it's quetiapine so it's rather short acting. I definitely found that the 100mcg dose produced better results across the board. Better mood, appetite, motivation, libido. No nausea or sleepiness. I'm going to drop down to 50mcg.

Going to try metergoline because I feel like I don't need so much dopaminergic agonism.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Impressions so far are great. It crushes anxiety and depression. Appetite is amazing. Motivation is better than it has been in months. There's another strange feeling that I can't put my finger on. I almost feel flat, but this can't be true because I am enjoying most things, including food, more than I have in months. I laugh more, I enjoy just talking with the wife, my cognition is better, I'm more focused on work and study. Maybe that "flat" feeling is actually stability. Usually I'm either high or low with rarely a middle ground. One thing I was doing today was I kept fumbling words but my wife said that happens whenever I'm too energetic. This doesn't feel like mania - it doesn't even feel like hypomania. It feels like normality.

This is the 3rd day I've tried lisuride. First day it was 200mcg, then 100mcg, and then again today with 200mcg. I dose it first thing in the morning since I have to use an antipsychotic at night to sleep. Fortunately it's quetiapine so it's rather short acting. I definitely found that the 100mcg dose produced better results across the board. Better mood, appetite, motivation, libido. No nausea or sleepiness. I'm going to drop down to 50mcg.

Going to try metergoline because I feel like I don't need so much dopaminergic agonism.

Excellent, thanks for the great feedback!
As far as quetiapine - I doubt there is anything this drug can do that methylene blue cannot also match with much less risk for side effects. Many people find MB helps them sleep in lower doses of 0.5mg - 1mg daily.

mujuro

Excellent, thanks for the great feedback!
As far as quetiapine - I doubt there is anything this drug can do that methylene blue cannot also match with much less risk for side effects. Many people find MB helps them sleep in lower doses of 0.5mg - 1mg daily.

I was thinking about replacing it with cypro. They bear similar skeletons so I thought there surely has to be an overlap in their effect on HPA axis. Plus the antihistamine effects are good for sleep. Cypro at 12mg+ can put Cushing's into remission and relieve a lot of the metabolic markers. That is a good enough reason for me to try.

Interesting what happened last night. I stayed up too late working on assignments and skipped the quetiapine since I didn't want to sleep in until 3pm. This is a guaranteed manic switch for me ordinarily, making sleep impossible. Yet I was able to crawl into bed at 5am and get a good 5 hours of sleep, as if I were a normal human being. Absolutely unheard of for me. Lisuride is a mysterious compound.

yerrag

Used 1 drop on my rat, who's recovering from aspiration pneumonia and has been on IV antibiotics for a week. All her vitals are fine - bp, temp, heart rate, breathing rate - bnt couldn't figure out why she won't eat. It must be the antibiotic effect making her depressed, or just not interested. She isn't expressing anything but is atypically disinterested. The next day she drank some liquid food. Not enough to call it significant but nonetheless, there's progress.

For really old rats, I've heard it said that it would do well do do half the usual dosage. Since there really is no dosage instruction, that 1 drop is a good starting point.

If the rat continues to improve her appetite, I think Lisuride would be a good way to help mice and rats out of the depressive effect coming out of an intense antibiotic therapy. In my rat's case, she wasn't eating for close to a week, and I didn't want her to be tube-fed, as I feel that feeding interferes with recovery. As long as she has enough stores in her body, which I made sure she's got with good nutrition, and as long as she's getting dextrose intravenously, she won't succumb to hypoglycemia and its devastating consequences such as neural injury and lowered immunity leading to infection complications. Still, the sooner she gets back to normal eating, the better for her. She's on the clock, and Lisuride helps get her back to eating, and would help her to recover faster.

The more I understand about these drugs, the more I appreciate their judicious use as a temporary aid to get a person back to health. I may not use all of the Lisuride and it more likely it may expire at some point in the near future, but if it's doing the job, it is a good deal.

I have to admit though that I didn't consult with our vet on this though. I may never let him know. I know he has to clear with me if he has to give any drug, so I'm not afraid that he will use any drug that will is in any way contraindicated with Lisuride. But I don't like the situation of the vet blaming me if anything goes wrong, and him getting the credit every time something goes right. I rather that he gets the credit all the time, and be happy. And if something goes awry, I know what it is and can deal with it. And I won't be pointing any finger at him either. It's not that I want to deceive, but there are times when not sharing a secret better serves my needs. I don't want a vet to feel I'm better than him, nor to feel my actions show disrespect. But it's my rat, and I'm being cautious in using this substance, but if asking for permission risks making my rat's care and condition more tenuous, I would rather not risk it. I consider the vet limited to his rulebook, and being "by the book" limits his options. I would rather free him from making a decision that he, in my estimation, is incapable of making due to his limited mindset. The vet probably has never heard of Lisuride, given that it isn't marketed and promoted here. Since Lisuride has relatively less complications with judicious use, I rather use this than any other drug such as Mirtazapine. The more I deal with conventional veterinarians, the more I know their limitations. I would still go to them, but I have to know the veterinarian well enough to know how his mind works, and if we're on the same page as far medical philosophy goes, I would gladly share my thoughts with him.

Last edited:

Waynish

Used 1 drop on my rat, who's recovering from aspiration pneumonia and has been on IV antibiotics for a week. All her vitals are fine - bp, temp, heart rate, breathing rate - bnt couldn't figure out why she won't eat. It must be the antibiotic effect making her depressed, or just not interested. She isn't expressing anything but is atypically disinterested. The next day she drank some liquid food. Not enough to call it significant but nonetheless, there's progress.

For really old rats, I've heard it said that it would do well do do half the usual dosage. Since there really is no dosage instruction, that 1 drop is a good starting point.

If the rat continues to improve her appetite, I think Lisuride would be a good way to help mice and rats out of the depressive effect coming out of an intense antibiotic therapy. In my rat's case, she wasn't eating for close to a week, and I didn't want her to be tube-fed, as I feel that feeding interferes with recovery. As long as she has enough stores in her body, which I made sure she's got with good nutrition, and as long as she's getting dextrose intravenously, she won't succumb to hypoglycemia and its devastating consequences such as neural injury and lowered immunity leading to infection complications. Still, the sooner she gets back to normal eating, the better for her. She's on the clock, and Lisuride helps get her back to eating, and would help her to recover faster.

The more I understand about these drugs, the more I appreciate their judicious use as a temporary aid to get a person back to health. I may not use all of the Lisuride and it more likely it may expire at some point in the near future, but if it's doing the job, it is a good deal.

I have to admit though that I didn't consult with our vet on this though. I may never let him know. I know she has to clear with me if she has to give any drug, so I'm not afraid that he will use any drug that will is in any way contraindicated with Lisuride. But I don't like the situation of the vet blaming me if anything goes wrong, and him getting the credit every time something goes right. I rather that he gets the credit all the time, and be happy. And if something goes awry, I know what it is and can deal with it. And I won't be pointing any finger at him either. It's not that I want to deceive, but there are times when not sharing a secret better serves our needs. I don't want a vet to feel I'm better than him, nor to feel my actions show disrespect. But it's my mom, and I'm being cautious, but if asking for permission risks making my rat's care and condition more tenuous, I would rather not risk it. I consider the vet limited to his rulebook, and being "by the book" limits his options. I would rather free him from making a decision he is, to my knowledge, incapable of making. The vet probably has never heard of Lisuride, given that it isn't marketed and promoted here. Since Lisuride has relatively less complications with judicious use, I rather use this than any other drug such as Mirtazapine.

Hmmmm. If I wouldn't trust me doc enough to tell them what drugs I'm taking, then I definitely don't trust them we'll enough with any of my health and would find another doc.

yerrag

Hmmmm. If I wouldn't trust me doc enough to tell them what drugs I'm taking, then I definitely don't trust them we'll enough with any of my health and would find another doc.
I know. But vets here are different from vets in the US. There are more options there. Here, they're pretty much cut from the same cloth. I would have to fly out the country to find that vet.

For example, I may be able to find a good Broda Barnes vet there to diagnose a thyroid condition. And he could probably do an Achilles tendon reflex test and an ECG to diagnose. But here, the vet would just be by the book and just rely on an incomplete suite of endocrine blood markers and would end up making a wrong diagnosis. False positives and negatives would easily result and already the patient is off to a bumpy road the rest of his life.

Progesterone

They know some stuff. Hillary has been taking thyroid for the last 7 years. She has also been on progesterone therapy before but I don't know for how long and how much she took. Her doctor did tell her estrogen is very bad for her, so he is not completely blind. Too bad Bill's doctor is nuts and put him on the bean diet. Bill now looks like a poorely resurrected mummy awaiting shamanic intervention.

lmfaoooo

Owen B

If I were to give Lisuride (or Metergoline, which I'm assuming are roughly similar) to my rat, what substances could I have a doctor check to see if they were working well? Prolactin is normal, but there are fibrotic changes on skin. Or does one just go on sense of well-being?