Leaner After Higher Fat Day?

cyclops

When I used to do low carb, it was known that after having a high carb "refeed" day one could look leaner and better. Makes sense.

For months now Ive been doing high carb and very low fat in an effort to lose body fat. Yesterday on Thanksgiving, I ate very high fat though. Stuffing, dessert, butter, etc. Today I work up and was suprised I looked very lean and actually lost weight. I was expecting to have gained.

Any idea what happened?

Vanced

Water loss, you don't loose noticeable fat in one day. Perhaps you ate lots of salt? A diet low in salt can cause edema.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Water loss, you don't loose noticeable fat in one day. Perhaps you ate lots of salt? A diet low in salt can cause edema.

I did eat allot of salt, but not anymore then I normally do (I don't think). I eat allot of salt everyday. You think I lost water because I ate more salt?

Vanced

I did eat allot of salt, but not anymore then I normally do (I don't think). I eat allot of salt everyday. You think I lost water because I ate more salt?
perhaps, just an idea. Could be a number of reasons, I'm not really sure. I would be sure that if you continued eating very high fat that you would gain fat though.