OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hi Greenie. How has Lapodin worked for you?

I never applied it directly to my breasts until last night. I've been having sore breasts every morning (this has been a problem for me for a long time when in luteal phase), and for once I didn't wake up with the problem.

Probably no need to apply directly to breasts. Once absorbed, the quinones will have systemic effects. I would reserve specific area application for something like a scar or other sign of fibrosis.

mirc12354

Haidut what is a shelf life of this product?

How fast does the product absorb? I am on vacation at the sea these days. Do you think it will absorb fully if I apply it about 2h before swimming?

Last edited:

800mRepeats

Been using for at least a month now, probably more like 6 weeks. I'd go check the dates, but my cortisol has dropped so I'm having a hard time getting moving. :confused:
MTA: dosing 4 drops 2-3 times per day (with morning, [noon], evening meals)

Noticed seemingly lowered estrogenic effects early on - dropped some bulky water weight round my mid-section and had a fairly *pleasant* period this month (no tenderness, no bloating, barely any acne, and no cramps). :cool:

Now starting to notice seemingly lowered cortisol over the past few weeks - it's making it hard to get going and do my training in the morning. (I'm not tired, just kind of "limp" [not heavy, just mushy]). And, I imagine it might be difficult to get fired up come race day. (I've noticed this effect before, and wound up with a "don't care" attitude that didn't serve my purpose at all.)
So ... it's a good thing for an endurance athlete who would tend toward elevated cortisol and a bad thing for an endurance athlete who wants to remain competitive. o_O

Speaking of which - does anyone have any thoughts on whether one's "get up and go" can make a comeback in the face of lower cortisol? Do other systems/things take over?

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut what is a shelf life of this product?

How fast does the product absorb? I am on vacation at the sea these days. Do you think it will absorb fully if I apply it about 2h before swimming?

I have a 6 month bottle of Lapodin, which looks and acts as new. There is no indication that the quinones undergo any significant degradation in solution with time. So, I would say at least a year. As far as absorption - within 5 min most of the quinones are likely absorbed, so 2h is plenty of time.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Been using for at least a month now, probably more like 6 weeks. I'd go check the dates, but my cortisol has dropped so I'm having a hard time getting moving. :confused:
MTA: dosing 4 drops 2-3 times per day (with morning, [noon], evening meals)

Noticed seemingly lowered estrogenic effects early on - dropped some bulky water weight round my mid-section and had a fairly *pleasant* period this month (no tenderness, no bloating, barely any acne, and no cramps). :cool:

Now starting to notice seemingly lowered cortisol over the past few weeks - it's making it hard to get going and do my training in the morning. (I'm not tired, just kind of "limp" [not heavy, just mushy]). And, I imagine it might be difficult to get fired up come race day. (I've noticed this effect before, and wound up with a "don't care" attitude that didn't serve my purpose at all.)
So ... it's a good thing for an endurance athlete who would tend toward elevated cortisol and a bad thing for an endurance athlete who wants to remain competitive. o_O

Speaking of which - does anyone have any thoughts on whether one's "get up and go" can make a comeback in the face of lower cortisol? Do other systems/things take over?

Thanks for the feedback!
If the corisol is lowered AND thyroid is working well, this should provide the needed "get up and go" mechanism. But it won't carry you through an endurance race. Thyroid shifts metabolism towards sugar oxidation and you'd have to drink a Coke every 15min to be able to run the 26 mile distance. You become like a little kid - a lot of energy for shorter periods of time followed by the need to nap and eat to recover.

800mRepeats

Thanks for the feedback!
If the corisol is lowered AND thyroid is working well, this should provide the needed "get up and go" mechanism. But it won't carry you through an endurance race. Thyroid shifts metabolism towards sugar oxidation and you'd have to drink a Coke every 15min to be able to run the 26 mile distance. You become like a little kid - a lot of energy for shorter periods of time followed by the need to nap and eat to recover.

Thanks, Haidut. That's been the thing I've been trying to balance - coming from being a very excellent fat burner (even moreso on LCHF, oye!) to at least not being totally insulin resistant. I've been playing on both sides of the line for the past 1.5 years, and the swings are slowly tapering off - with help from your products and the forum's wisdom.
Having cake and eating has proved to be a challenge. ;)

raypeatclips

haidut - You mentioned lapodin could be stored in the fridge. Is there any benefits to this, or were you just saying refridgeration wouldn't damage lapodin?

Thanks, looking forward to trying it!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
haidut - You mentioned lapodin could be stored in the fridge. Is there any benefits to this, or were you just saying refridgeration wouldn't damage lapodin?

Thanks, looking forward to trying it!

Beta-lapachone is very closely related to vitamin K and that vitamin can get damaged by direct sunlight. So, IF beta lapachone is subject to the same risks then it's probably best to keep in a dark location. The low temp in the fridge will lower the potential for natural oxidation reactions, but it is probably not that necessary. Dark is more important.

mirc12354

I was on the sea the last ten days so I was in the sun for at least half a day. I used homemade solban as sunscreen protection (on my face and shoulders mostly) and that worked very well-too well to be honest. I did not get burnt even once altough I have a rather pale ten and a rich history of sunburns. Haidut, is it possible that (24 drops of) Lapodin with its antinflamatory effects was preventing sunburn from occuring and reversing it when it happened?

800mRepeats

I was on the sea the last ten days so I was in the sun for at least half a day. I used homemade solban as sunscreen protection (on my face and shoulders mostly) and that worked very well-too well to be honest. I did not get burnt even once altough I have a rather pale ten and a rich history of sunburns. Haidut, is it possible that (24 drops of) Lapodin with its antinflamatory effects was preventing sunburn from occuring and reversing it when it happened?

An anecdote, for what it's worth - last weekend I forgot my Solban but maintained my use of Lapodin (4-6 drops, 3-4 times per day) ... I wound up with sunburn.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

This is awesome feedback! Thanks so much!
I don't know that Lapodin would prevent sunburn, but it should help with the after-effect, which is mostly due to inflammation and immune response. Both quinones on Lapodin are powerful inhibitors of inflammation and the mini cytokine storm that follows a decent sunburn.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
still experiencing itchy arms with this...not sure if it's the DMSO or the lapachone or what...

Is it at the place of administration? If yes, the most likely DMSO. So, feel free to dilute the supplement with vodka or other clear liquor and it should eliminate that side effect.

Is it at the place of administration? If yes, the most likely DMSO. So, feel free to dilute the supplement with vodka or other clear liquor and it should eliminate that side effect.

it is not always, no, it is on forearms even where not administered.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
it is not always, no, it is on forearms even where not administered.

I'd try diluting anyways, just to rule out local irritation from high concentration DMSO.

Soren

Forum Supporter
@haidut how long before this supplement would expire? Had mine for a while now and just wondering.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut how long before this supplement would expire? Had mine for a while now and just wondering.

I have one bottle sitting in a cabinet a a test sample for longevity. It's been sitting there for more than a year and no discernible decline in potency. I don't think emodin or beta-lapachone are subject to degradation by DMSO or ethanol. But if you want to decrease theoretical risk even more, you can keep in the fridge. Most people end up using Lapodin within a few months so probably no need to refrigerate.

mirc12354

Did you lower the concentration of DMSO in this product? The dosage used to be 24 drops now it is downs to 20 but the amount of active ingredients in one dosage is the same.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals