OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yeah, you're probably right. I was particularly starving today. It's difficult to find a balance. I might still keep taking it and just really lower the dose.

Lapodin is certainly expected to increase hunger. Anything that lowers your cortisol and estrogen will do that. I get the same effects from DHEA or DHT, which have the same effects on cortisol. Quite a few people reported Lapodin making them hungrier but also leaner, even after large meals with lots of fat.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
for DMSO sensitivity is there any decent alternate administration routes

Some people have reported great effects from dissolving the drops in fruit juice and drinking it.

Katty

Lapodin is certainly expected to increase hunger. Anything that lowers your cortisol and estrogen will do that. I get the same effects from DHEA or DHT, which have the same effects on cortisol. Quite a few people reported Lapodin making them hungrier but also leaner, even after large meals with lots of fat.
Thanks for the response, haidut. Lowering the dose seems to help, though I am still starving. I continue to tweak =)

acrylic

My experience with lapodin:

Wow. This is powerful stuff. Be careful.

Background: I take about 3 grains of thyroid a day, plus some supplemental t3, orally.

One week before trying lapodin, I started taking 4 drops of Pansterone per day. When I received my lapodin in the mail I thought that I would try a full dose of the product, to see what the effects of thyroid + lapodin + pansterone would be. I remember reading that pansterone + lapodin is a great combo for weight loss, and I need to lose some weight, so...

Whoa. The product gave me really loose stools for about a day. Almost diarrhea but not quite. I also felt really out of it. Woozy. I think that the cortisol lowering effect of lapodin is so powerful, and that my thyroid level is so low, that I wasn't ready for the cortisol drop.

The next day I decided to try a half dose, to see what the effect would be. Felt terrible. Fast heart rate. Easily winded walking up hills. Slight discomfort in chest and lots of tension in body. Seemed to be in a hypermetabolic state, but had not eaten enough. Only had eaten about 600 calories before taking these doses. Drank two smoothies and felt a LOT better.

Then, ordered a deep dish pizza and almost ate the whole thing in one sitting. Still didn't really feel full. I can NEVER do this -- I'm usually full after a single piece. Obviously I was running on a tank with too little fuel in it. Felt much better in the evening.

I think if I take this supplement again, I'm going to make sure to take a much lower dose (2-4 drops) and make sure to eat a LOT of food. Pretty powerful stuff. Geeze.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
My experience with lapodin:

Wow. This is powerful stuff. Be careful.

Background: I take about 3 grains of thyroid a day, plus some supplemental t3, orally.

One week before trying lapodin, I started taking 4 drops of Pansterone per day. When I received my lapodin in the mail I thought that I would try a full dose of the product, to see what the effects of thyroid + lapodin + pansterone would be. I remember reading that pansterone + lapodin is a great combo for weight loss, and I need to lose some weight, so...

Whoa. The product gave me really loose stools for about a day. Almost diarrhea but not quite. I also felt really out of it. Woozy. I think that the cortisol lowering effect of lapodin is so powerful, and that my thyroid level is so low, that I wasn't ready for the cortisol drop.

The next day I decided to try a half dose, to see what the effect would be. Felt terrible. Fast heart rate. Easily winded walking up hills. Slight discomfort in chest and lots of tension in body. Seemed to be in a hypermetabolic state, but had not eaten enough. Only had eaten about 600 calories before taking these doses. Drank two smoothies and felt a LOT better.

Then, ordered a deep dish pizza and almost ate the whole thing in one sitting. Still didn't really feel full. I can NEVER do this -- I'm usually full after a single piece. Obviously I was running on a tank with too little fuel in it. Felt much better in the evening.

I think if I take this supplement again, I'm going to make sure to take a much lower dose (2-4 drops) and make sure to eat a LOT of food. Pretty powerful stuff. Geeze.

This is great feedback, thanks! I also find that if I take more than 10 drops Lapodin I get so hungry I have to eat something within 5min or I get a powerful adrenaline surge and lipolysis. So, lowering cortisol and thus blood sugar is something that needs to be done only when food is nearby :):
I guess this is great news for everybody who wants to eat more or keep current calorie intake and still lose weight.

L

lollipop

Another testimony for this product. Just wow. Put both myself and my husband on 1/2 dose maybe 12 drops every few days. Quickly chills us both out :): Also for my husband, his stress energy drops drastically and the remaining, he channels it constructively into work increasing his productivity without the stress. Pretty awesome actually.

For me, it lowers my estrogen dominance symptoms and in combo with increasing to a high dose of my Progest-e, I am finally seeing a major difference hormonally, also: more chilled, better energy, increased hunger,

Our supplements:

*occasional aspirin
*regular 500mg Niacinimide
*daily 2-3 cups coffee.
*daily facial moisturizer 1 pump solban, 2 drops Retinil, 3-4 drops Estroban
*magnesium chloride spray - 8 pumps and *occasionally use Thornes d/k2 10 drops rubbed into the skin

Can't wait to finish my Thorne and try this with Haidut's Kuinone. We are very pleased And thank you again Haidut!! Another person you have helped :):

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Another testimony for this product. Just wow. Put both myself and my husband on 1/2 dose maybe 12 drops every few days. Quickly chills us both out :) Also for my husband, his stress energy drops drastically and the remaining, he channels it constructively into work increasing his productivity without the stress. Pretty awesome actually.

For me, it lowers my estrogen dominance symptoms and in combo with increasing to a high dose of my Progest-e, I am finally seeing a major difference hormonally, also: more chilled, better energy, increased hunger,

Our supplements:

*occasional aspirin
*regular 500mg Niacinimide
*daily 2-3 cups coffee.
*daily facial moisturizer 1 pump solban, 2 drops Retinil, 3-4 drops Estroban
*magnesium chloride spray - 8 pumps and *occasionally use Thornes d/k2 10 drops rubbed into the skin

Can't wait to finish my Thorne and try this with Haidut's Kuinone. We are very pleased And thank you again Haidut!! Another person you have helped :)

Thanks Lisa, this is wonderful! Are you taking at night or during the day? I think taken at night may be optimal to keep cortisol at bay and ensure sound sleep. But feel free to take whenever works best for you. The increased hunger is good sign of lowered cortisol, and the lower the cortisol the better the brain functions.
All in all, great news! Thanks for sharing.

mirc12354

This is great feedback, thanks! I also find that if I take more than 10 drops Lapodin I get so hungry I have to eat something within 5min or I get a powerful adrenaline surge and lipolysis. So, lowering cortisol and thus blood sugar is something that needs to be done only when food is nearby :)
I guess this is great news for everybody who wants to eat more or keep current calorie intake and still lose weight.
Haidut if one was taking lapodin primarily for fat loss, what would be the optimal protocol - one 24 drops dosage or perhaps 2 x 12 drops and when - before, after or in between meals? How to would this be optimally combined with pansterone(1 drop a day) and kuinone (2 drops a day-shold one increse it because of blood thinng effects of 24 drops of lapodin)?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Haidut if one was taking lapodin primarily for fat loss, what would be the optimal protocol - one 24 drops dosage or perhaps 2 x 12 drops and when - before, after or in between meals? How to would this be optimally combined with pansterone(1 drop a day) and kuinone (2 drops a day-shold one increse it because of blood thinng effects of 24 drops of lapodin)?

I would say split it into two doses one in early afternoon and one before going to bed to keep night cortisol at bay. After meals is probably better to have some blood sugar reserves. Pansterone and Kuinone can be taken at any times, and as few as 1-2 drops of Kuinone should be enough to balance the blood thinning effect of Lapodin.

L

lollipop

Thanks Lisa, this is wonderful! Are you taking at night or during the day? I think taken at night may be optimal to keep cortisol at bay and ensure sound sleep. But feel free to take whenever works best for you. The increased hunger is good sign of lowered cortisol, and the lower the cortisol the better the brain functions.
All in all, great news! Thanks for sharing.
I never thought to take it at night Haidut. Good idea. Have been taking in the morning. Also I switched us to a 5 day on 2 day off protocol last week because I knew we had a stressful week ahead - worked well. We managed the week with seriously only minor bumps. I think the 2 days off helps avoid the problem of leveling off and needing larger amounts.

Again feeling DEEP gratitude for your efforts to support real health in people - and what you must deal with to do so. You are modeling a better way, not just theorizing - the biggest marker of your strong character.

Concern

Some of Emodin's anti-cancer properties may be due to a Profound down-regulated of sex steroid receptors. And yes, likely very profound at the standard dose of Lapodin.

I would venture to guess that in terms of this down-regulation, it is MUCH stronger than most phytoestorgens like Genistein (Soy). This causes me reasons to be concerned.

References:
http://www.hindawi.com/journals/ecam/2013/376123/
Dietary genistein down-regulates androgen and estrogen receptor expression in the rat prostate. - PubMed - NCBI
Emodin Significantly Degradates Androgen Receptors?

@haidut, what are your thoughts? I think a reduced sensitivity to sex steroids may greatly limit appropriate application of this supplement.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Some of Emodin's anti-cancer properties may be due to a Profound down-regulated of sex steroid receptors. And yes, likely very profound at the standard dose of Lapodin.

I would venture to guess that in terms of this down-regulation, it is MUCH stronger than most phytoestorgens like Genistein (Soy). This causes me reasons to be concerned.

References:
Dietary genistein down-regulates androgen and estrogen receptor expression in the rat prostate. - PubMed - NCBI
Emodin Significantly Degradates Androgen Receptors?

@haidut, what are your thoughts? I think a reduced sensitivity to sex steroids may greatly limit appropriate application of this supplement.

Yes, emodin is a potent estrogen antagonist. As far as its androgenic antagonism it is mostly due to its progesterone-like qualities, so it is not bad. Based on what I have seen so far, emodin has virtually no bad side effects except the blood thinning, which all estrogen antagonist have as a side effect.

jyb

Based on what I have seen so far, emodin has virtually no bad side effects except the blood thinning, which all estrogen antagonist have as a side effect.

I can confirm that side effect for many Peaty supplements from my own observations...

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Would you mind commenting on burlancast's post in this topic?
Amazing Medicinal Properties Of Beta-lapachone (β-lapachone)

BTW: I love this product!!!!! Like aspirin on steroids plus the fat burning!

Well, you are not pregnant are you? It says that beta-lapachone may be teratogenic in high doses, but so is aspirin, caffeine, and the closely related vitamin K2 (also a naphthoquinone). I have not seen studies of systemic toxicity in adults, especially in lower doses.
I am glad you like it! I think Lapodin is our most underappreciated supplement with profoundly systemic effects.

mirc12354

Well, you are not pregnant are you? It says that beta-lapachone may be teratogenic in high doses, but so is aspirin, caffeine, and the closely related vitamin K2 (also a naphthoquinone). I have not seen studies of systemic toxicity in adults, especially in lower doses.
I am glad you like it! I think Lapodin is our most underappreciated supplement with profoundly systemic effects.

Hopefully not. Pregmancy is a b***h even without teratogenic substances...
Yes, the whole 24 drops dose relaxes me almost to the level of medium dose phenibut...

Risingfire

This supplement seriously reduces cortisol. Be careful using this supplement when you start. I used the full dosage early on and my cortisol dropppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

Sorry I just fell asleep it was so powerful. Def reduces estrogen and I slept like a baby last night

Peata

@haidut
I have knotty fibrotic breast tissue and constipation issues. (Though constipation has gotten better on taurine and mitolipin). I think I'll try this supplement out. Would applying directly to breasts be necessary or helpful?

Hi Greenie. How has Lapodin worked for you?

I never applied it directly to my breasts until last night. I've been having sore breasts every morning (this has been a problem for me for a long time when in luteal phase), and for once I didn't wake up with the problem.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This supplement seriously reduces cortisol. Be careful using this supplement when you start. I used the full dosage early on and my cortisol dropppppppppppppppppppppppppppppeeeeeedddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd.

Sorry I just fell asleep it was so powerful. Def reduces estrogen and I slept like a baby last night

I second this this caution. Please start low and work your way up. Most people would experience effects even from 5 drops in a single dose.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals