Seleniodine

Stock up on bark just in case! Not sure how much will be extracted by making a tea but it's not going to be as strong as a tincture.
Haidut mentioned "very high quality lapacho bark is usually about 4% beta lapachone" way back in the start of this thread.
So some extrapolation can be made from there.

Obi-wan

I think ideally 6 grams of Pau D'Arco is good per day. Which I do via tea (1500mgs) and NOW 500mg capsules. Do not know how this relates to quantity of beta lapachone. If I use your 4% calculation it would be 240mgs.

LeeLemonoil

There are also alcoholic tinctures/liquid extracts and glycerol liquid extracts available for Pau d‘arco/Lapacho.
Don’t know if those would contain more of the quinones or make them more bioavailable.
Both types of extract could also be made DIY with the bark

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@Obi-wan - The bark has very low amounts of beta-lapachone. It does have decent amounts of lapachol, which can very toxic in higher doses. That's why the clinical trials with it were stopped in the 60s and 70s.
Lapachol - Wikipedia
You don't think the price of isolated beta-lapachone would be so insanely high if the bark had high amounts of it, right??
A very high quality bark has less then 0.3% beta-lapacone. Most of the bark sold online is from various lapacho tree varieties that have almost no beta-lapachone and likely little lapachol as well.

@LeeLemonoil

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Stock up on bark just in case! Not sure how much will be extracted by making a tea but it's not going to be as strong as a tincture.
Haidut mentioned "very high quality lapacho bark is usually about 4% beta lapachone" way back in the start of this thread.
So some extrapolation can be made from there.

A slight correction - the bark has about 4% total lapacho quinones of which unfortunately the majority is lapachol. Beta lapachone is usually less than half percent by dry weight.

Inaut

It has other quinones (May not have been studied as much/as effective but). I think isolated chemicals have their function but also their shortfalls as nature created things in balance. Jmo and @haidut is far more intelligent when it comes to this stuff

I think getting the bark from a reputable source is also very important

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I think getting the bark from a reputable source is also very important

I think this is the problem with most beneficial herbs. Once a market for them develops the good stuff disappears and the market is flooded with cheap substitutes from farms that has never been analyzed for composition. I would also prefer the bark if it was good quality and I had to drink as a tea or capsule, but unfortunately bark extracts do not make for very good liquid topical supplements.

Owen B

I think this is the problem with most beneficial herbs. Once a market for them develops the good stuff disappears and the market is flooded with cheap substitutes from farms that has never been analyzed for composition. I would also prefer the bark if it was good quality and I had to drink as a tea or capsule, but unfortunately bark extracts do not make for very good liquid topical supplements.
My results with the new formula have been complicated. At first, I got the sugar crashes from the cortisol lowering. That's not unexpected - my sugar metabolism is very bad. Then I started spreading 8-10 drops topically over the day and I got completely knocked out. That's why I was surprised when you said it doesn't work as an antibiotic. That knocked out feeling feels exactly what taking a strong antibiotic feels like. I don't get any metabolism increase from this at all.

I was hoping to get a general antifungal, antibiotic, maybe antiviral effect from this. I'm immune compromised. But now taking the 8 drops that way is too much. I'm taking 2-3 drops in the AM and 2-3 drops in the PM. It's definitely cut into the candida I have but I'm not sure what else to expect. No adipose to burn over here.

Also, I'm confused about your sources. If you're not using bark extracts and they are unreliable, where is the beta-lapachone coming from? And where does your emodin come from?

Hanzo

First day taking around 10 drops felt very relaxed and ate a lot of gummies and a huge meal. After I felt like I had high blood sugar for hours. Very Woozy. I decided to workout anyway and had a great one but it felt like my body was fighting the stress induced workout so I felt slightly uncomfortable. Also increases urge to smoke. Maybe because my body wants to increase cortisol and hasn't adapted to low cortisol yet?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How good is lapodin compared to diamant for stabalizing blood sugar levels? @haidut

In my experience Lapodin is more potent and faster acting while adamantane is more mellow but much longer acting (up to 24 hours from a single dose).

Hanzo

In my experience Lapodin is more potent and faster acting while adamantane is more mellow but much longer acting (up to 24 hours from a single dose).

Lapodin and diamant are my two favorite. Since I am trying out MB what would be good to use for stabilizing blood levels during the afternoon and early night. Using lapodin makes me too relaxed and diamant is a no no.

golder

Can we take Lapodin with Mitolipin at night, or do you recommend keeping vitamin E away from the Lapodin?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can we take Lapodin with Mitolipin at night, or do you recommend keeping vitamin E away from the Lapodin?

The latter, as vitamin E interacts easily with quinones.

Gone Peating

Took two drops every night last week except one night when i took four and that was too much for me.

Did my once a week work out on sunday and was noticeably less sore, but didn't take lapodin the night before working out or after.

Resumed taking it last night. My muscles have been harder, been sleeping like a baby and my libido is way up. What the hell is this stuff

Elize

Anything that lower stress hormones can potentially cause these issues in some people. If you are running on stress hormones and suddenly you lower them the body will be expecting thyroid to pick up the "slack". But if you are hypothyroid that won't happen and the organism can end up in a bit of a dead end. So, whenever you lower stress hormones there should be enough thyroid activity to provide proper metabolic support. Hence, many people taking cyproheptadine only found it makes them feel like zombies. But when they combined with thyroid, these issues went away.

Does that mean you should take Lapodin with extra Thyroid meds together/ at the same time?

Elize

Anything that lower stress hormones can potentially cause these issues in some people. If you are running on stress hormones and suddenly you lower them the body will be expecting thyroid to pick up the "slack". But if you are hypothyroid that won't happen and the organism can end up in a bit of a dead end. So, whenever you lower stress hormones there should be enough thyroid activity to provide proper metabolic support. Hence, many people taking cyproheptadine only found it makes them feel like zombies. But when they combined with thyroid, these issues went away.

Does that mean we should take extra thyroid meds together with the Lapodin.
Thanks
Elize

Gone Peating

Haidut, can you address the concerns about the potential ani-androgenic effects that lapodin could have?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does that mean we should take extra thyroid meds together with the Lapodin.
Thanks
Elize

If TSH is high or temps/pulse do not recover after eating, then yes as it would suggest thyroid is suppressed and not doing its job when stress hormones go down.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals