Dismiss Notice
  6. Orange & Red Light Therapy Device - LGS1
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Cascara Sagrada Powder From Farmalabor In Italy
    CLICK HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Lapodin - Liquid Emodin/β-lapachone Mix

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Jan 29, 2016.

1. Broken man

Broken man Member

Are you taking orally DMSO or SFA ester version? I found that taking SFA ester version makes me bloated like I ate muscle meat without gelatin. About topical use, how long is needed to absorb it? I found that when I wash it away after 15-20 minutes, I have no problem with staining but when I let it without washing, Its almost impossible wash it away next day.

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

We don't use DMSO any more, so it is the SFA version I use. It does not make me bloated, quite to the contrary. I think it takes about 15min to absorb a decent amount and then it can be washed off. Waiting longer absorbs more but as you found out it makes it hard to wash off.

3. Broken man

Broken man Member

Thank you for your response. Do you get phlegm build up from using it orally or thats just me?

4. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

No, I don't. I usually take 10 drops with juice or Coke/Pepsi.

5. Broken man

Broken man Member

Do you experience diarrhea with this dose?

6. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

No, I don't.

7. Andman

Andman Member

Started experimenting with this today, 1 drop oral + 1 drop transdermal. No other changes in caloric intake, activity, supplements etc.

Temperature has been stable at 37.2 (pulse 90-95) for a good 6 hours now (usually around 36.8 pulse 80-85).

Bowels bit loose as some other users reported too

8. mirc12354

mirc12354 Member

This product is just too good at lowerng cortisol/estrogen. Even half a dose (10 drops of an old DMSO formula) makes my back hurt so much I cannot even get a decent sleep...

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks for the feedback. Does it also increase hunger for you?

10. mirc12354

mirc12354 Member

absolutely. truly admire those who manage to lose weight while using this...

11. brocktoon

brocktoon Member

@
    @haidut Haidut, my rat has a slow emptying emptying stomach (gastroparesis) and constipation associated with PD. Trying to suggest to her some things that may be helpful, possibly including maybe a good cascara product and Lapodin/emodin. Which of these or perhaps both might helpful in this context?

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Peat said a few times that for gastroparesis, an enema with hypertonic saline may work best, as could possibly oral baking soda. Emodin/Cascara/Lapodin could also help but I would try those other remedies first.

13. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

@haidut

For someone taking 2-4 grams cascara sagrada daily to speed peristalsis and lower gut inflammation, do you think a lower dose of Lapodin (and thus emodin) would be safer?

14. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Beta lapachone is also supposed to help with gut inflammation so it could be synergistic. I would just be careful not to take too much emodin between the two as it can think the blood quite easily and probably more potently than even aspirin. So, using vitamin K with higher dose Cascara/Lapodin becomes important.

15. DaveFoster

DaveFoster Member

Thank you. I'm going to post a quote here in case anyone needs some info regarding the new SFA formulation with Kuinone (K2 in SFA esters):

haidut: "It is hard to make comparisons of topical vs. oral dosing and effectiveness. The routes of administration change not only blood levels but also the overall health effects. If I had to guess, I'd say about 8mg-10mg Kuinone topically may achieve the same blood levels as 45mg vitamin K2 orally."

16. TreasureVibe

TreasureVibe Member

Dr. Peat wrote me the following reply for advice on treating an enlarged colon:

It was once a commonly recognized explanation for the leg varicose veins that developed in pregnant women. Thyroid hormone is important for maintaining function of the colon as well as veins, and fibrous foods (raw carrots, cooked mushrooms and bamboo shoots, bran, for example) will sometimes correct the problem. Avoiding starchy foods is important. Well aged cascara sagrada along with the other things has corrected some enlarged colons. - RP

But since there are studies linking Cascara Sagrada to liver disease, I don't like the risk of taking it.

Would this supplement benefit an enlarged colon and colon health like Cascara Sagrada? @haidut

17. churchmouth

churchmouth Member

Should I avoid this one if I am already low body fat? I am interested in all the other properties.

18. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I can't comment directly on specific conditions but it should mimic Cascara effects pretty well. Also, the beta lapachone has additional anti-inflammatory effects beyond what emodin offers, so they should be a synergy.

19. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

If I'm not wrong, Will used to recommend fasting before the injection of reagents in patients. Perhaps the best time to use this supplement is with breakfast, or even better as burtlan's entrée to the first meal.

20. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I would still use some sugar with it as it can have pretty potent hypoglycemic effects. But I agree on using on empty stomach when possible.