Owen B

I posted something like this on a cascara thread a few moments ago because I didn't have a great experience with the Lapodin.

I thought I was taking small doses, like a couple of drops on the wrist for a few days and then I'd wipe the residue on my gums. Before too long I got 'roids plus a polyp just inside my nostril. i had no appetite for almost two weeks and the stuff really cleaned me out.

But I wanted to get the emodin into my system because it did cut into my trauma brain fog.

So I tried some cascara. I'm taking about 250mg every other day. I think it is one of the best things I've ever taken for the brain fog and lack of energy. It is a powerful wake up call and I feel better than I've felt in a long time.

The other problem I had with the Lapodin is after a couple of weeks with it I had a "hitting the wall" experience. I mean I just came to a halt and didn't feel like doing anything.

There's been post about one of the quinones "degradating" (antagonizing) androgen receptors. And I seem to recall Haidut chalking that up to a progesterone effect. While that may very well be true - I'm not the best at analyzing all the scientific material on this site - nonetheless that was my experience.

But this emodin really does seem incredible.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I posted something like this on a cascara thread a few moments ago because I didn't have a great experience with the Lapodin.

I thought I was taking small doses, like a couple of drops on the wrist for a few days and then I'd wipe the residue on my gums. Before too long I got 'roids plus a polyp just inside my nostril. i had no appetite for almost two weeks and the stuff really cleaned me out.

But I wanted to get the emodin into my system because it did cut into my trauma brain fog.

So I tried some cascara. I'm taking about 250mg every other day. I think it is one of the best things I've ever taken for the brain fog and lack of energy. It is a powerful wake up call and I feel better than I've felt in a long time.

The other problem I had with the Lapodin is after a couple of weeks with it I had a "hitting the wall" experience. I mean I just came to a halt and didn't feel like doing anything.

There's been post about one of the quinones "degradating" (antagonizing) androgen receptors. And I seem to recall Haidut chalking that up to a progesterone effect. While that may very well be true - I'm not the best at analyzing all the scientific material on this site - nonetheless that was my experience.

But this emodin really does seem incredible.

Thanks for the feedback. May I ask what do you mean by getting "'roids"?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
i didn't know how to spell "hemoroids" (?)

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification. A lot of people mean "steroids" when they say 'roids.

RePeatRePeat

Here's an update on using Lapodin. I used it orally for about 4 days but then went back to topical. (The taste is not all that bad, btw.) But, I didn't feel like the effect was the same. I couldn't tell if it was stronger in a bad way or just not doing much. BUT, I am not sure if Lapodin was the problem. I was also using Progestene (6 drops x2) and Androsterone (2 drops am/1 pm). I had been doing fine with all of them but when I switched to oral Lapodin I noticed I was getting extremely irritable and hot tempered, and was having terribly achy joints. I switched back to topical AND discontinued the Androsterone AND dropped dosage of Progestene by half. So it would be hard to say what the problem was. Everything leveled out after about 4 days.

I am using the new bottle I got of the Lapodin and instead of using all 20 drops at night I am splitting it 10 in am/10 pm. Maybe it is because I am using less but it hasn't irritated my skin at all. It feels a lot smoother than my other bottle. The contents of the old bottle felt gritty and this one is almost silky. I have never thought the problem was the DMSO. None of the other Idea Labs products with DMSO bother my skin.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Here's an update on using Lapodin. I used it orally for about 4 days but then went back to topical. (The taste is not all that bad, btw.) But, I didn't feel like the effect was the same. I couldn't tell if it was stronger in a bad way or just not doing much. BUT, I am not sure if Lapodin was the problem. I was also using Progestene (6 drops x2) and Androsterone (2 drops am/1 pm). I had been doing fine with all of them but when I switched to oral Lapodin I noticed I was getting extremely irritable and hot tempered, and was having terribly achy joints. I switched back to topical AND discontinued the Androsterone AND dropped dosage of Progestene by half. So it would be hard to say what the problem was. Everything leveled out after about 4 days.

I am using the new bottle I got of the Lapodin and instead of using all 20 drops at night I am splitting it 10 in am/10 pm. Maybe it is because I am using less but it hasn't irritated my skin at all. It feels a lot smoother than my other bottle. The contents of the old bottle felt gritty and this one is almost silky. I have never thought the problem was the DMSO. None of the other Idea Labs products with DMSO bother my skin.

Thanks, good to know. Well, the new formulation of Lapodin does use less DMSO and that is the only difference from previous batches. The raw material may also differ from batch to batch but it should not be enough to cause such big difference. I would always make sure it is used with food or at least sugar.

Greenie

Hi Greenie. How has Lapodin worked for you?

I never applied it directly to my breasts until last night. I've been having sore breasts every morning (this has been a problem for me for a long time when in luteal phase), and for once I didn't wake up with the problem.

Wow I don't think I responded to this. So I stopped using lapodin for a long time. I don't think I used it long enough to see results. My thyroid state didn't seem up for the drop in cortisol, and I don't think I was eating enough at the time. I would take too much and have a bad reaction, like an anxiety attack. Anywho, I've started taking again. Just 1-2 drops at a time and with food/carbs in my system. We'll see how my experience goes this time. Took last night and definitely felt warm and calm with a slight flutterly heart beat. But slept like an angel.

@haidut do think it's still beneficial to take 1-2 drops once or twice a day if that's all one can tolerate due to the drop in cortisol? Or do you think it better to set lapodin aside for now and work on fixing thyroid?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut - Any plans to do a non-DMSO lapodin soon? ETA, if so?

Not much else it can be dissolved into. Pure ethanol is not an option due to postal regulations, and I cannot use tocopherols as they interact with quinones. Pure oil may be an option, but solubility of quinones in pure oil is also low. Have you tried the new formulation with less DMSO?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wow I don't think I responded to this. So I stopped using lapodin for a long time. I don't think I used it long enough to see results. My thyroid state didn't seem up for the drop in cortisol, and I don't think I was eating enough at the time. I would take too much and have a bad reaction, like an anxiety attack. Anywho, I've started taking again. Just 1-2 drops at a time and with food/carbs in my system. We'll see how my experience goes this time. Took last night and definitely felt warm and calm with a slight flutterly heart beat. But slept like an angel.

@haidut do think it's still beneficial to take 1-2 drops once or twice a day if that's all one can tolerate due to the drop in cortisol? Or do you think it better to set lapodin aside for now and work on fixing thyroid?

If there is hypothyroidism just lowering cortisol will not help much and may make things worse due to lack or emergency metabolic booster. I think just a few drops should be good enough to show if it is working or not. If it makes somebody hungry then it suggests cortisol was higher before and was lowering appetite. But if it has no effect on appetite and makes the person feel cold and confused then thyroid is probably low and needs to be addressed as well, so cortisol is not the main issue.

Base Ball

I've been using Lapodin for over a week and I love it. But I did get a rash on the spots on my arms where I was applying it. It may be that my arms were not clean enough and the dmso just brought in some irritants. I usually tolerate dmso pretty well, so I may just lay off a few days and then restart when the rash clears. I have no "hyped up" feeling with this stuff. It does make me hungry, thats for sure, so I try to eat honey, milk or something like that with it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been using Lapodin for over a week and I love it. But I did get a rash on the spots on my arms where I was applying it. It may be that my arms were not clean enough and the dmso just brought in some irritants. I usually tolerate dmso pretty well, so I may just lay off a few days and then restart when the rash clears. I have no "hyped up" feeling with this stuff. It does make me hungry, thats for sure, so I try to eat honey, milk or something like that with it.

Great, thanks for the feedback!
I would try applying to another body area. Sometimes specific areas get bad reactions while another one will not. Skin on shoulders and legs seems less sensitive.

Wagner83

You mentioned that emodin was the best anti stress compound you tried, how would you use it before holding a speech in public? I thought androsterone could work fine but then it seems it relaxes me too much, reducing stress while still being energetic and able to focus would be better suited.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
You mentioned that emodin was the best anti stress compound you tried, how would you use it before holding a speech in public? I thought androsterone could work fine but then it seems it relaxes me too much, reducing stress while still being energetic and able to focus would be better suited.

I would try emodin a few days/weeks before giving the speech as it can leave you incapacitated if it turns out you run on cortisol. So, maybe 10 drops before a speech would enough assuming you tested it out and it did not make you mute :):
Diamant may be a better alternative given that it probably has some dopaminergic qualities, much needed during mental performances and events eliciting public appeal.

Peat Party

I've been using Lapodin for three days now. Yesterday and the day before i got quite a stomach ache and general pressure feeling in my bowels, short after i applied Lapodin to my skin. Had to go three times, the second day of use, but i don't mind that since i tend to be constipated from time to time. I haven't noticed much mental effects yet, other than a bit more calm and relaxed.

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with the yellow residue? The brownish liquid seems to absorb pretty quickly, but the yellow stays on the skin for days... It's possible to wash most of it away, but not all. So now the palm of my hand is all yellow.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've been using Lapodin for three days now. Yesterday and the day before i got quite a stomach ache and general pressure feeling in my bowels, short after i applied Lapodin to my skin. Had to go three times, the second day of use, but i don't mind that since i tend to be constipated from time to time. I haven't noticed much mental effects yet, other than a bit more calm and relaxed.

Does anyone have any tips on dealing with the yellow residue? The brownish liquid seems to absorb pretty quickly, but the yellow stays on the skin for days... It's possible to wash most of it away, but not all. So now the palm of my hand is all yellow.

Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice shrinking of belly area or better sleep? Those would be signs of lower cortisol.
As far as the stains, I found that rubbing the spot with some clear alcohol like vodka or rubbing alcohol seems to either completely remove it or make it very pale so people do not notice it.

Peat Party

Thanks for the feedback. Did you notice shrinking of belly area or better sleep? Those would be signs of lower cortisol.
As far as the stains, I found that rubbing the spot with some clear alcohol like vodka or rubbing alcohol seems to either completely remove it or make it very pale so people do not notice it.

Thanks for the reply haidut. I will try to get my hands on some rubbing alcohol or vodka. Would something like chlorhexidine alcohol be OK/Safe?

I might've noticed a slight reduction of the belly area, but it's hard to say for certain since i haven't measured it. I do carry some extra weight, that i've put on over the last six months or so. I believe Mirtazapine have contributed to that weight gain, since i haven't really changed my eating habits that much. I used to be able to eat whatever and how much i wanted, and still not be able to put on weight.

Never had much problems with sleep and it's pretty good atm, but i've had issues with "tiredness" and low energy that sleep doesn't seem to resolve easily, but it's been better the last couple of days (perhaps because of Lapodin). Bloodwork doesn't really show any issues with thyroid other than highish TSH, i believe it was 4.4 at one point a few months back.

I must say quite surprised how you manage to keep up with the feedback from all the people on this forum, but i guess the anti-stress supplements you produce must help a great deal with the stress involved with that. ;)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the reply haidut. I will try to get my hands on some rubbing alcohol or vodka. Would something like chlorhexidine alcohol be OK/Safe?

I might've noticed a slight reduction of the belly area, but it's hard to say for certain since i haven't measured it. I do carry some extra weight, that i've put on over the last six months or so. I believe Mirtazapine have contributed to that weight gain, since i haven't really changed my eating habits that much. I used to be able to eat whatever and how much i wanted, and still not be able to put on weight.

Never had much problems with sleep and it's pretty good atm, but i've had issues with "tiredness" and low energy that sleep doesn't seem to resolve easily, but it's been better the last couple of days (perhaps because of Lapodin). Bloodwork doesn't really show any issues with thyroid other than highish TSH, i believe it was 4.4 at one point a few months back.

I must say quite surprised how you manage to keep up with the feedback from all the people on this forum, but i guess the anti-stress supplements you produce must help a great deal with the stress involved with that. ;)

I would not use the chlorhexidine if possible. Isopropyl alcohol or vodka would best and probably cheaper than other more exotic types.
And yes, keeping up with feedback is not easy but Lapodin is one of the supplements actually that helps a lot when the stress starts to build up too much :):

Regina

I would not use the chlorhexidine if possible. Isopropyl alcohol or vodka would best and probably cheaper than other more exotic types.
And yes, keeping up with feedback is not easy but Lapodin is one of the supplements actually that helps a lot when the stress starts to build up too much :)
Haidut. I hope this isn't too dumb a question.
Does Lapodin lower cortisol at the CRH level? Thank you.