Kuinone - Liquid Vitamin K2 (MK-4)

Amazoniac

True, thanks for pointing it out. I think this is why all the human studied use 15mg x 3 daily instead of 45mg in a single dose.
Well, they only tested one dose as a single intake. Yes, 30g with every meal would be high but 3 separate doses of K2 with meals that have less than 30g of fat each is probably still better than 1 big dose in a single meal with 30g of fat. It is not known for sure, those kinds of studies have not been done - i.e. whether one single dose or multiple smaller ones is better. But all the human studies so far used multiple doses.
Zeus, I don't know how the body adapts to such doses over time and if it's something desirable to do often, but I know that those are enough to reach very high blood levels in relation to what's common for diet. This is it:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1021/js9600641

upload_2018-7-3_12-52-22.png

Now compare 1/2 lb. of spinach (1 mg of K1) and 25 g of butter with 1 mg of M and K and Hyphen and Four and 5 g of butter:

The ng equivalence for pmol is lower but it's in the orders of magnetisms higher there.
It's better to spread the dose either way. Too little fat in a meal doesn't seem to be an issue for supplements. Turrine and taumeric can also be consumed along.

Amazoniac

Comparison of menaquinone-4 and menaquinone-7 bioavailability in healthy women

"A single dose of MK-4 (420 μg; 945 nmol) or MK-7 (420 μg; 647 nmol) was administered to each subject within 10 min after ingesting a breakfast containing 13–17 g of fat."

Fig 1.
1475-2891-11-93-1.jpg

"Each point represents the mean ± SEM [standard error] of 5 subjects at 0, 2, 4, 6, 10, 24, 48 and 72 h. ■=MK-4; ○=MK-7"
:confused2 They were after K in one vs K2 in other?

Last edited by a moderator:

Kayo

@haidut
Is this solution is a universal solvent that anything on your skin will be transported into your blood along with it? Such as dmso? Should I be careful of something harmful transferring to my blood aside from the k2 that may be on my hands or skin?

managing

How does oral supplement of K2 affect the liver? The reason I ask is I took this orally instead of topically a couple of times over the weekend. Got a moderately strong headache and very fast bowels. Not diarrhea at all, but very fast. Like 4 one day and 5 times the next. I felt particularly good the first day. Second day is when the headache came.

Or perhaps it was something else.

Krollic

Enjoying the product @haidut :]
Teeth feels super smooth and I'm feeling good. I'm taking about 3 drops x 3 times a day.

Do you reckon there is any benefit to me supplementing mk7? It's not present in my diet

managing

How does oral supplement of K2 affect the liver? The reason I ask is I took this orally instead of topically a couple of times over the weekend. Got a moderately strong headache and very fast bowels. Not diarrhea at all, but very fast. Like 4 one day and 5 times the next. I felt particularly good the first day. Second day is when the headache came.

Or perhaps it was something else.
Tried again and no headache. But a distinct ache in the medial umbilical ligament (connects belly button to bladder).

The energy and focus from taking it orally once or twice a day is amazing. Just trying to figure out of these side effects are transient or cause for concern.

Anybody?

Owen B

I do Kuinone in the PM. Sometimes it makes me tired. I also notice clear breathing after taking it. I do 6 drops on the inner elbow. I noticed my cheekbones are wider and the back teeth have more separation now. I would have a hard time getting my back teeth to touch each other in the past with some discomfort to the jaw. Now it is easy! Had a recent cleaning at the dentist. Asked why the cleaning time was so short. Hygienist said "not much to clean" Used to have teeth sensitivity, not any more! Teeth used to feel weird after a coke. Not any more! Weston Price was a dentist that studied peoples jaws and teeth around the world after he retired back in the 1930's. He realized that when they consumed a lot of dairy products and were not exposed to the western diet they had full round faces, straight teeth, and no cavities even if they did not brush their teeth. He contributed it to a special vitamin in their diet that later became to be known as Vitamin K...
What specifically did Weston Price mean by "the Western diet"?

Obi-wan

What specifically did Weston Price mean by "the Western diet"?
Our modern Standard American Diet (SAD) diet of white sugar, white flour, processed food

Ron J

@haidut
Does CoQ10 interfere with MK4 absorption?
Edit: I looked it up in drug interactions, just making sure.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Enjoying the product @haidut :]
Teeth feels super smooth and I'm feeling good. I'm taking about 3 drops x 3 times a day.

Do you reckon there is any benefit to me supplementing mk7? It's not present in my diet

I don't think MK-7 has anything to offer that MK-4 does not, and MK-4 is the actual vitamin our bodies use for osteocalcin carboxylation and electron transfer in the ETC.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
6-7 drops of Kuinone (orally) prevents any bruising from aspirin.

Excellent, thanks for sharing! How much aspirin did you find it can buffer the bleeding risk from?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Does CoQ10 interfere with MK4 absorption?
Edit: I looked it up in drug interactions, just making sure.

No, I don't think it does and even if it did MK-4 can substitute for CoQ10 for its electron transport duties. That's why Peat says vitamin K is better when people ask him about supplementing with CoQ10.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Is this solution is a universal solvent that anything on your skin will be transported into your blood along with it? Such as dmso? Should I be careful of something harmful transferring to my blood aside from the k2 that may be on my hands or skin?

The concern about DMSO getting harmful pathogens into the blood of probably overblown because it would depend on molar mass and most pathogens have mass in the kD range that is beyond what can be properly absorbed. That being said, The ethanol in the solution we use should have a decent antiseptic effect and reduce risk even further. I don't think it would draw much other junk with itself through the skin but leaning the skin beforehand is probably not a bad idea since it should improve absorption by removing sebum and waxes.

Obi-wan

I am experimenting with a new application technique for Kuinone. 4 drops on my spin tooth brush after toothpaste brushing...

Phyllus

Assuming the vet is not against it, I think it may benefit the dog as they are very prone to cancer as they age. If there are obvious superficial growths/masses then you may want to apply the Kuinone directly on them for stronger effect.

Wonderig if anyone here knows how much k2- mk4 to dose a 27 lb dog that was recently diagnosed with anal gland adenocarcinoma and hypercalcemia. He is 11 years old. Thanks.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Wonderig if anyone here knows how much k2- mk4 to dose a 27 lb dog that was recently diagnosed with anal gland adenocarcinoma and hypercalcemia. He is 11 years old. Thanks.

I would ask a vet but from a few published tables on animal/human conversion between dog and humans it seems like the human dose needs to be multiples by 2. So, the commonly used dose for humans in clinical cancer trials is 1mg/kg, which means 2mg/kg for a dog.

kayumochi

Have been taking Kuinone orally for a 1+ and didn't know there was a formulation that contained camphor until this week ... what a surprise when those drops hit the back of my throat :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals