K2 Mk4 Or Mk7?

paymanz

@HealthisWealth maybe you can find some generic type K1 supplements too. but they are not usually advertised and sold on internet.maybe you can find them in local pharmacies.usually in vial form but there some tablets too.

@paymanz

I called the supplement shop its GLA activation complex.

This is the description

Vitamin K2 as mixed menaquinones 75mcg.

GLA activation complex ( choline bitartrate, glutamic acid 250mg)

Vitmain K2 is a essential for its role in the activation of gamma glutamyl carboxylase.

About Vitamin A you mean retinol palmitate? what is the safe intake and usual ratio if i take D3 2000IU.

My D3 test result a month ago was this
Vit.D Total (CMIA) 11.48 Low (> 30.00)ng/mL
28.70 Low (> 75.00) nmol/L

paymanz

About Vitamin A you mean retinol palmitate? what is the safe intake and usual ratio if i take D3 2000IU.

My D3 test result a month ago was this
Vit.D Total (CMIA) 11.48 Low (> 30.00)ng/mL
28.70 Low (> 75.00) nmol/L
yes thats a good form of vitamin A supplement i think 5k is good dose, more than that maybe bad for hypothyroid pesons.you can search forum about this and its ratio to vitamin d.a lot of members take more than that without problem.

35-40 ng is good levels in my opinion.

@paymanz

Yes that why im concerned of. But whey protein concentrate has very high glutamic acid around 4,000 mg per 30 gram or 1scoop

vitamin k is sensitive to air , so dried veggies is not good option

What do you mean by dried veggies not good option? You mean vitamin k1 vegetarian supplement form?

maybe you can find some generic type K1 supplements too. but they are not usually advertised and sold on internet.maybe you can find them in local pharmacies.usually in vial form but there some tablets too.

I saw k1 in tablets only. Interesting that there is in vial form like liquid?

paymanz

yes dried vegs are not a good option.

what dosage is those k1 tabs? - i think you need tabs and not vial.yes vial are liquid , for injections!

Saw at iherb its 100cg K1.

Back again at dried veggies- i still did not get it. You mean dry veggies = raw? or in supplement form that is made from whole foods?

So for K1 the best is eat cooked vegetables and supplement synthetic K1

Sorry for being slow in understanding regarding supplement and nutriton. Im still grasping about this.

@paymanz

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Liver has vitamin K in it.

paymanz

Saw at iherb its 100cg K1.

Back again at dried veggies- i still did not get it. You mean dry veggies = raw? or in supplement form that is made from whole foods?

So for K1 the best is eat cooked vegetables and supplement synthetic K1

Sorry for being slow in understanding regarding supplement and nutriton. Im still grasping about this.

@paymanz
no with dry i didnt meant "raw". i said eat fresh veg , or cooked .i just said dried vegetables dont have any vitamin k in it (dry=dried under sunlight or left in open air to get dried) just eat fresh vegs either raw or cooked.

and 100mcg is sill low , you can easily get that 100mcg with a small serving of green vegs.even some fruits like kiwifruit has more than that.

if it was 1mg it could worth to supplement.

Foods highest in Vitamin K

you may note that some dry spices and vegs are high in vitamin k but if you compare weight for weight with fresh versions you see most of vitamin k is lost in drying process.

Liver has vitamin K in it.

I ate liver before and i thought its all about vitamin A. Did not know that its also high in K2. I always thought of K2 = cheese.

I will find goat and lamb liver maybe once or twice a week. Lamb liver are usually imported from australia & new zealand but native goats that eat grass is availble not just as many as beef in the market.

no with dry i didnt meant "raw". i said eat fresh veg , or cooked .i just said dried vegetables dont have any vitamin k in it (dry=dried under sunlight or left in open air to get dried) just eat fresh vegs either raw or cooked.

and 100mcg is sill low , you can easily get that 100mcg with a small serving of green vegs.even some fruits like kiwifruit has more than that.

if it was 1mg it could worth to supplement.

Foods highest in Vitamin K

you may note that some dry spices and vegs are high in vitamin k but if you compare weight for weight with fresh versions you see most of vitamin k is lost in drying process.

Now i understand. Thank you for your patience.

We have malunggay vegetables here. I think the english name is moringa. And one time it became popular because when dried and powderized the nutrients shoots up and easily digestible. Now you mentioned that vitamin k is lost when dried ill try to eat raw if its hard i will cooked. If vegetables can be eaten like lettuce fresh then veggies will be appetizing

This is the nutrient charts - im not sure if this really accurate but high also in calcium.

Moringa Oleifera Leaf Powder -- Nutritional Analysis

MORINGA OLEIFERA
NUTRITIONAL VALUE OF LEAF POWDER
Analysis of Moringa Leaf Powder per 100 grams:

Calcium 601 mg 60 %
Magnesium 110.4 mg 37 %
Iron 8.46 mg 84 %
Copper 0.171 mg 19 %
Potassium 397.2 mg 11.3 %
Phosphorus 61.2 mg 9 %
Vitamin A 4.89 mg 163 %
Vitamin B1 0.792 mg 52.8%
Vitamin B2 6.15 mg 361 %
Vitamin B3 2.46 mg 13 %
Vitamin C 5.19 mg 8.6 %
Vitamin E 33.9 mg 226 %
Protein 8.1 grams 12.8 %

NUTRIENT COMPARISONS PER 100 GRAM
grid.jpg

Its show the dried leaves has lower vitamin c than fresh leaves but the rest of nutrients shoots up when dried. So Vit C diminish when dried

Last edited:

paymanz

yes vitamin c is sensitive to air too.and not to heat that much.

yes lettuce to my knowledge is ok to eat raw, i eat romaine lettuce.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
@paymanz

The nutrition date for vitamin k - i have access to parsley, amaranth leaves, celery.

Is the vitamin k nutrients in the fiber or much better in juicing?

DaveFoster

Im eating some parsley since yesterday. Also bought blue cheese, aged cheese, gouda.

So im getting vitamin k1 from veggies and Mk4 from cheese. The missing is mk7. Will try natto if i can find.

@paymanz Thanks for the nutritiondata link. With regards to veggies the crunchier are the ones easily eaten raw. So parsley, lettuce.

Amaranth has high k1 but im not sure if can be eaten raw or i will just cooked it with bone marrow soup.

Any other suggestion high k1 veggies that can be eaten raw?

paymanz

@HealthisWealth
Parsley in high amounts is better to be eaten cooked ,it has a chemical that's not good if eaten too much but cooking destroys it ,if I remembering right.

And cheese is famous for its mk-7 ,probably cheeses that undergo long fermentation has it.It doesn't have any mk-4 more than what you can find in other dairy fat.

Best vegs for vitamin k are those I mentioned , spinach and kale are great.cabbages are good but you need to eat a lot, they have goitrogens , there is recipes for cabbages but im not sure how good is cooking to destroy them.cooked cabbages with white rice is really tasty.however they may cause some gas in some , so it depends how you handle these vegs.

I think we make some mk-7 in our intestines anyway.

paymanz

If you have some butter(or ghee), liver , animal fat(not poultry)
There is possibility to get some mk-4 and mk7 but I don't know how solid is the chance.

But I'm almost sure goose liver is good source,because I read in multiple source, I don't remember its mk7 or mk4 but its high in k2.

You are right i yahoo search about high mk4 foods

The menaquinone (vitamin K2) content of animal products and fermented foods.

The highest goose liver pate, chickens. (will find organic) But beef are low

vitamin-k-in-animal-products-19.jpg

Here egg yolk and butter (Will purchase butter this week)

vitamin-k-in-animal-products-24.jpg

You are right cheese is low in mk4. Gruyere and cheddar has some amounts but still low. But interesting natto has some amounts of K1 and really high in MK7 @paymanz

Its seems cheese high in MK9

vitamin-k-in-animal-products-41.jpg

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals