K2 Abdominal Pain, Huge Stools

Birdie

Yes, and I remember once when I began to get some bowel spasms in the evening, my usual evening progest-E dose was impossible. The thought of it. Just knew I should skip it that night.

LUH 3417

Any idea why oral K2 would cause abdominal discomfort and huge stools? I believe that has what has caused these problems with me today. I know vit E could irritate the intestine due to its viscosity but didn't know K2 could do the same. I took 2mg with food last night. Maybe this is a reason why Ray always recommends vitamins on skin, especially the fat solubles.
I've been experiencing pale stools using k2. It could be something else but there's a direct correlation with starting kuinone and having pale stools and am hoping someone can comment on why this would happen. My reasoning is that k2 is good for the liver and thus biliary function, but pale stools indicates something is wrong with my bile production and food is not being properly digested or metabolized. So I'm confused.

docall18

Any idea why oral K2 would cause abdominal discomfort and huge stools? I believe that has what has caused these problems with me today. I know vit E could irritate the intestine due to its viscosity but didn't know K2 could do the same. I took 2mg with food last night. Maybe this is a reason why Ray always recommends vitamins on skin, especially the fat solubles.

K2 can improve bile duct functioning/release blockages. If there is a build-up of toxic bile, your going to have a serotonin reaction when it is released into the intestines. Caffeine can do the same.

Taking activated charcoal between meals any days I take K2 detoxes the bile, and prevents any issues such as jitters, stomach pain, insomnia from the K2.

Last edited:

LUH 3417

K2 can improve bile duct functioning/release blockages. If there is a build-up of toxic bile, your going to have a serotonin reaction when it is released into the intestines. Caffeine can do the same.

Taking activated charcoal between meals any days I take K2 detoxes the bile, and prevents any issues such as jitters, stomach pain, insomnia from the K2.
Weird because I’ve been taking k2 and feel like I am having gallbladder attacks with heaviness around my gallbladder and liver pain

japanesedude

I've found my mysterious IBS like symtoms was caused by topical K2.
everytime I use K2,I get weird gut itch and liquid,gas feeling in left side of my belly. I've had clear liquid stool sometimes so I suspect bile release from K2.(bile acid diarrhea)

serling78

This is the first info I've found where anyone acknowledges that K2 can cause stomach issues. I've been using 200 mcg daily for a couple months, but in the past week I upped it to 600 mcg and I'm having intense bloating and constipation. Even wearing elastic waistband shorts is uncomfortable because my stomach looks like I'm 9 months pregnant. I was hoping it wasn't the K2 causing this...

moa

I've got ibs-c symptoms last week while eating lots of white chocolate all the time with yellow stools.

i was taking vitamin k1 and k2 also some days. pain it got better with lapacho, then color got worst after riboflavin/lapacho/k, more yellow/pale stools and more volume (even i was eating not very much).

after feeding this I'll stop vitamin k, fat, riboflavin and even lapacho, and see what happens.

moa

i would add that I'm still recovering my gut Flora from antibiotic, so it's not yet very strong, even after 4 weeks.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals