K2 Abdominal Pain, Huge Stools

raypeatclips

Any idea why oral K2 would cause abdominal discomfort and huge stools? I believe that has what has caused these problems with me today. I know vit E could irritate the intestine due to its viscosity but didn't know K2 could do the same. I took 2mg with food last night. Maybe this is a reason why Ray always recommends vitamins on skin, especially the fat solubles.

InChristAlone

As you know from our messages, I also experience this, I use @haidut 's Kuinone so mine was topical and it still happens.

M

member 2106

Huge stools could be construed as a good thing, though, no?

Not so much the discomfort, obviously.

InChristAlone

Yeah I have thought wow if it weren't for the cramping this stool would be ideal!

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

Yeah the stool was very big and well formed, but I have nausea with it, severe stomach cramps/pain. Also took doxycyline 100mg this morning but took it to get rid of the pain, which didn't work. I've taken doxy many times before and not had this reaction. @haidut Any ideas?

InChristAlone

I think Vitamin K2 can act like an antibiotic which is why I think haidut named his 'kuinone'. So I wonder if that is what causes the gut stuff. I wish I knew, I usually feel better after it happens. You could try a lower dose next time. Yeah anxiety can ramp up too when taking things that enhance respiration (at least in my experience).

InChristAlone

Typically its over after the BM. One thing about the cramping, in the past I've had it happen and checked my blood glucose its always lower than normal. So that could be why I experience this on coffee as well. And goes back to the idea it ramps up metabolism.

Ukall

@raypeatclips even if you do a day with no fiber do you still have huge stools? Have you tried another brand to see if you have the same effects?

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

@raypeatclips even if you do a day with no fiber do you still have huge stools? Have you tried another brand to see if you have the same effects?

How come you mentioned fiber, what's your train of thought?

Without fiber I am likely to become constipated, but my stools are always large whatever I do. The huge k2 stool was definitely caused by irritating my intestine. It wasn't a positive reaction or feeling. I feel better than I did a couple of days ago but my intestines still feel a little tender.

I took 5mg k2 capsules years ago but it was dry powder not oil so not sure how potent it was, can't remember noticing anything positive of negative.

FredSonoma

I could never sleep after taking 2 mg of K2 at night haha. I definitely have gotten the abdominal discomfort from it, like a blocked up tense feeling in upper GI tract.

chispas

I think a high calcium diet creates a bulky stool. I am not using k2, but I have wondered if it would minimise the size by virtue of it regulating the calcium. Maybe not.

Maybe check how much calcium you are taking in. My limit is 3500mg, which at this intake, produces constipation. I find 2500-2900mg is fine. I think everyone is different.

Coffee will send you to the toilet if you have low blood sugar.

sladerunner69

I experience terrible diaherrea today, some of the worst and msot painful fo my life. I had a few vodkas last night and a lot of coffee today. I took a couple aspirin, k2 vitamin e, activated charcoal and ate a couple italian pastries (mostly cream and wheat)... Im not sure what it is exactly but I think the combo of all these factors culminated in a god awful BM

haidut

Forum Supporter
I saw a recent study, which stated that stools are mostly a combination of dead epithelial cells from colon wall and bacteria. Not much contribution from food to stool size. So, big stools would most often be due to increased bacterial die-off and increased tissue turnover in the colon, which also happens when you eat indigestible fiber. So, consistent with anti-bacterial effect of vitamin K. Since riboflavin and emodin can have the same effects in the GI tract, it would be interesting to compare stool size when taking some of these supplements.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

The huge stools I experienced were definitely from some sort of gut irritation, not a positive. My gut is quite sensitive and something with K2 caused big issues. Not taking K2 orally again.

Birdie

I take Life Extension Super K in the morning with food. It's 2.5 mg of K2, part menaquinone 4 and part 7. I don't think it affects my bowels. At times I'll have the nausea/cramps with a bowel movement and sometimes big one, but doesn't seem to be a reaction to the K2 in my case. For what it's worth....

If you ever wanted to try it again (sounds like you don't) maybe with breakfast would work better... I am super sensitive and prone to IBS so...
for sure will not try taking it later in the day just in case I could react like you did. I have to be pretty low fat in the evening anyway to ward off attacks. Maybe something about the darkness and fat digestion.

Birdie

I have been thinking of ordering that. Seems like a perfect thing to take with 500mg aspirin. It has K1 too.
Yes. And I'd rather get the K from foods but can't rely on that. I take 650 of aspirin.
Even with the Super K, I experience some easy bruising, but doubling the dose didn't seem to improve that.
I wouldn't want to go higher.

Anyway, back to the bowel spasms, I cannot take anything oil based too close to bedtime.
I think the darkness and inactivity just set me up for an attack if I do oil too late. A tiny bit of cheese is okay for me.
Hope this helps somebody else. Spastic bowel is horrible. Like childbirth pain I think.

OP
raypeatclips

raypeatclips

It seems oral d3 has the same effect on me but less intense. Irritated intestine, pain etc. I must have developed a very sensitive intestine. Guess it's time to take fat solubles topically.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals