I've Felt Super Good Lately - Is It Lowering Wheat And Using Enzymes?

I am not sleeping well but I feel really good.

I'm taking K2, a little progesterone and 4 drops of Pansterone every day.

1 gram Magnesium threonate and 5o0 mg calcium (oyster shell).

A little collagen but not much, maybe one tablespoon a day.

1. I've removed milk

2. I'm eating less.

3. I'm in a warm, nice climate and getting sunlight (which is HUGE)

But the BIG CHANGE is very little bread, and when I do eat it, I take gluten specific enzymes.

Or is it stress hormones making me feel really good?

Any ideas?

tara

Not saying it's the same for you, but I feel much better when I avoid milk. Milk also tends to make me sleepier.

Sunlight makes a big difference to me, as does being warm enough.

I suspect wheat has its down sides for me, too, though I'm still eating some because of convenience and taste. If I can replace it with something else that works (logistics and health and energy-wise), I may give it another shot.

Stilgar

If it feels right, it is probably right.

Generally being busy, being outside and eating less makes me feel better quickly.

I spent so long thinking I had to eat tonnes to get better. I’ve found I am the opposite. Took me so so long to realise that. I don’t mean starvation, more gentle eating and not being concerned to miss a meal if I am not hungry.

Potato juice and mushrooms become my staples when I feel like that. I think it gives me so much relief because partly I feel finally free to rest my gut. I feel guilty about doing that sometimes - because I always thought more was better and restriction was bad. I spent a lot of time trying to overeat or overmedicate to feel better. It didn’t work. Trust your intuition, it rarely lies, if you really listen.

My sleep especially is a million times better if I eat gently and lightly.

Gut problems are a b*tch.

tara

@ecstatichamster @tara Do you two still eat cheese and yogurt?
Aged cheese does me in worse than fresh milk. I've been fairly strict about avoiding this for years, with the occasional taste/test every few months to confirm (when I can't resist).
Yogurt's not great either.
Since I get no digestive distress, and seem to react badly to all forms of dairy I've tried (except I seem to get away with a little butter), I assume it's the protein rather than the lactose that I have trouble with.

I had somewhat less symptoms of milk trouble when I had a patch of drinking it with coffee (which I did not otherwise have a habit of) and supplementing progesterone. But the overall effect did not seem that great, and I've not continued it.

I don't assume this applies to everyone, but that I have an intolerance or allergy.

raypeatclips

Aged cheese does me in worse than fresh milk. I've been fairly strict about avoiding this for years, with the occasional taste/test every few months to confirm (when I can't resist).
Yogurt's not great either.
Since I get no digestive distress, and seem to react badly to all forms of dairy I've tried (except I seem to get away with a little butter), I assume it's the protein rather than the lactose that I have trouble with.

I had somewhat less symptoms of milk trouble when I had a patch of drinking it with coffee (which I did not otherwise have a habit of) and supplementing progesterone. But the overall effect did not seem that great, and I've not continued it.

I don't assume this applies to everyone, but that I have an intolerance or allergy.

When you talk about negative symptoms from milk and aged cheese, what symptoms are you getting exactly?

tara

When you talk about negative symptoms from milk and aged cheese, what symptoms are you getting exactly?
From milk , milk powder, cottage or farmers cheese, condensed milk, casein powder, yogurt etc: fuzzy, sick head feeling is the dominant symptom. Reduced energy and ability to think and function. Dozy, want to lie down, but sleep not necessarily forthcoming or so satisfying. Increased risk of migraine next day.
From aged cheese: Even higher risk of migraine.