Is The Only Purpose Of Thyroid Hormone To Help Produce Pregnenolone ?

johnwester130

Is thyroid by itself useless ?

The benefits are from the fact is converts into pregnenolone and other steroid hormones ?

paymanz

like what ?
They are many,that me too don't know all of them.

Rate of cellular respiration, energy metabolism,rate of protein turnover in probably all types of tissues.cell differentiation,regeneration.

Pulse rate, intestinal movement speed.

Thyroid - Wikipedia
Triiodothyronine - Wikipedia

Its much more important than steroids,as I understand.

The Thyroid (East West Healing Blog Talk Radio, 2011)
ray peat said:
Looking at life in general, plants and funguses and amoebas are the organisms that apparently don't need or don't want thyroid. But, as soon as you get to what we think as real animal life, that includes corals, coelenterates, echinoderms, mollusks, crustaceans, insects…just about everything that has an organization to it uses thyroid. And the basic function of thyroid is to energize cells and to give them enough energy and efficiency to allow them to differentiate so they just don't concentrate on eating and growing, the way plants, and amoebas and fungi and such do. So, if you look at some of the older experiments, like in an aquarium with developing frog eggs, as soon as the eggs would hatch in the tadpoles, they would either add an anti-thyroid chemical, or a little bit of thyroid hormone to the water. And if you added the anti-thyroid chemical, the tadpole would never turn into a frog; it would just get to be a huge tadpole. But if you added thyroid to the aquarium, the tiny hatchling tadpole would turn into a tiny, spider-like frog, just about the size of a fly, showing that the thyroid, which energizes the cells so that they use oxygen and produce a huge amount of energy. This energy allows the cells to realize their function. But when it comes on too early, they neglect to grow, so that, without thyroid, all you have is growth. And that's fine for amoebas, and mushrooms, and trees, and so on, but in humans, it can lead to things like tumors and malformations, and so on.

So, the energy production is really the basis of all organized life. And that makes the thyroid, in a sense, the main gland. If you take out the pituitary gland, which people have talked about as the master gland....many different animals, if you remove that, and give them thyroid hormone, in some cases the animals live ten times as long as normal, usually about twice as long as normal, from the lack of the pituitary gland, as long as they had adequate thyroid.

Last edited:

tara

Is thyroid by itself useless ?

The benefits are from the fact is converts into pregnenolone and other steroid hormones ?
I don't think the thyroid hormones are steroid hormones, nor that they convert to pregnenolone. The pregnenolone and the other steroid hormones are all made from cholesterol, aren't they?

Triiodothyronine is essential for human life, right?
I guess one could say it's no use by itself, if you mean that there are other things that are also essential, such as air and water and food, and all the other vital organs and hormones and .... But AIUI, it does have a specific role of it's own in the cellular generation of energy.

ddjd

If my labs indicate i have high cholesterol does that mean that I could be low in hormones because my thyroid isn't converting cholesterol into pregnenolone?

They are many,that me too don't know all of them.

Rate of cellular respiration, energy metabolism,rate of protein turnover in probably all types of tissues.cell differentiation,regeneration.

Pulse rate, intestinal movement speed.

Thyroid - Wikipedia
Triiodothyronine - Wikipedia

Its much more important than steroids,as I understand.

The Thyroid (East West Healing Blog Talk Radio, 2011)
Damn I love that quote :fire::fire::fire:

If my labs indicate i have high cholesterol does that mean that I could be low in hormones because my thyroid isn't converting cholesterol into pregnenolone?
Yes

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals