Is Nobody Gonna Point Out The Elephant In The Room? Georgi Dinki Knows It All But He’s Still Fat?

BBRP

When is the metabolism gonna rev up?

Or does he not practice what he preaches?

or maybe milk is making you fat when everyone has always known that dairy makes people gain weight. Especially when you’re combining it with a diet high in refined sugar

sladerunner69

I wouldn't say he's fat but he is husky or a little overweight. In my experience it's easy to gain weight peating if you aren't careful about consuming low fat. I really have to limit the amount of butter/oil, fatty cuts of meat, cream etc I have, and only consume 1%/skim milk, and extra lean beef in order to get under 10% bodyfat. In addition, even eating too much sugar and carbs will contribute to the fat gain.

That said, being overweight is probably not all deterimental to health if the fat stores are mainly made up of saturated fats with few toxins. The fat tissue itself contains aromatase enzyme though so keeping bodyfat less than 20% is probably the most important standard.

OP
B

BBRP

I wouldn't say he's fat but he is husky or a little overweight. In my experience it's easy to gain weight peating if you aren't careful about consuming low fat. I really have to limit the amount of butter/oil, fatty cuts of meat, cream etc I have, and only consume 1%/skim milk, and extra lean beef in order to get under 10% bodyfat. In addition, even eating too much sugar and carbs will contribute to the fat gain.

That said, being overweight is probably not all deterimental to health if the fat stores are mainly made up of saturated fats with few toxins. The fat tissue itself contains aromatase enzyme though so keeping bodyfat less than 20% is probably the most important standard.

Looks higher than 20% to me

I’m 5’10 210 which is BMI 30 classified as obese and he looks a lot fatter than me

I think dairy is super inflammatory for most people which gives you bloat weight gain, and it’s easy to consume lots of calories from cheese

Combine this with guzzling Pepsi and no wonder.

Don’t see how this is healthy

it also makes him look silly when he keeps saying how “PUFA makes you fat”.... okay, so does that mean he’s eating PUFA sandwiches?

sladerunner69

Looks higher than 20% to me

I’m 5’10 210 which is BMI 30 classified as obese and he looks a lot fatter than me

I think dairy is super inflammatory for most people which gives you bloat weight gain, and it’s easy to consume lots of calories from cheese

Combine this with guzzling Pepsi and no wonder.

Don’t see how this is healthy

Looking through his face on youtube videos it looks like his weight has fluctuated a bit. I don't think at anypoint he was heavy enough for it to be a major stressor. I would say as long as your fat tissues are low in PUFA, then you could be as high as 40% bodyfat and be healthy. Fat storage is an adaptation for winter months and is essential for human existence, and isn't necessarily acutely bad. Before winter months many animals intake massive amounts of food in order to get up to very high bodyfat percentages.

While he is at a weight higher than I would want to be, Georgi is at a weight he is comfortable with that allows him to enjoy his food and be healthy. His goal isn't to become lean, muscular and physically attractive like ours.

mangoes

Lol what’s your deal with the unwarranted dislike for Georgi? Is making another thread about this necessary?

He’s never claimed to know it all. He’s been open about his own health journey and how he’s improved with Peat’s principles and he puts these complex ideas into understandable terms. Leanness does not equate to health.

SB4

I have to admit I was a little disappointed to see that Georgi isn't lean. It is my understanding that a body / metabolism working correctly will keep one fairly lean (and attractive to potential mates). Indeed whilst I have never gone full peat due to other issues. Carbs seem to always cause wieght gain in me. There could be many reasons for this not working for me, error in glucose metabolism from CFS/POTS, too high sat fat intake etc, I figured Georgi wouldn't have these issues and thus it wouldn't be a problem for him. Other people also have some issues with weight gain and peating.

Perhaps I am wrong on lean being a desired state at all times for the body. but it makes intuitive sense to me so I would need some convincing otherwise.

Literally

Don't make the same mistake as teenage boys who want bodybuilding advice and think that taking it from someone who isn't hyooooge is a mistake.

Being fatter is a great advantage in living a long life. I’ve mentioned this many times and have shown numerous studies and Dr. Peat has said a BMI in the high 20s is most healthy.

Good for Georgy. He’s an amazing person, an incredibly sharp mind, and seems very healthy to me.

schultz

or maybe milk is making you fat when everyone has always known that dairy makes people gain weight. Especially when you’re combining it with a diet high in refined sugar

I always thought Haidut doesn't drink milk? Maybe I am wrong?

boris

@schultz
In an older interview he said he drinks some milk. Maybe a glass or more if I remember correctly, but not as a main source of protein.

@BBRP
According to Peat about 30% bodyfat is healthy. Especially in advanced age low bodyfat is associated with death. For some it's more about longevity, not looking ripped.

OP
B

BBRP

I thought an optimal metabolism and health would mean that you’d have energy and vitality to be active and thus easily maintain a lower body fat...

maybe I should just embrace my love handles and man boobs then

Beastmode

5+ people in my family, 1 still alive (95), all would've been considered a little "overweight," but everyone one of them were sharp into their 90's. My living 95 year old grandma lived in her own apartment with her little brother (94 years old) alone.

I think the more important questions can be about his quality of life, cognition, sleep quality, bowel movements, libido, etc.

As a former athlete growing up with a perception that healthy was what I or other athletes looked like. Come to find out, my "impressive" low heart rate and lean body we're not representative of being healthy as I was severely hypo running on stress hormones.

Josh Rubin is pudgy looking, but I've seen in him person and he's just a big dude who couldn't look really "lean" if he tried.

Last edited:

schultz

In an older interview he said he drinks some milk. Maybe a glass or more if I remember correctly, but not as a main source of protein.

Oh okay, thanks for clarifying that. It doesn't really seem fair to say it's the milk then...

Do what makes you happy. Boobs or no boobs, I support you 100%.

redsun

I thought an optimal metabolism and health would mean that you’d have energy and vitality to be active and thus easily maintain a lower body fat...

To get overweight in the first place, you need to consume more calories then your body needs. It is factual, obesity promotes insulin resistance, diabetes, and basically worsens most health problems. If vanity isn't good enough for you, avoiding many health problems should be.

Health means energy, vitality, good body fat because you can maintain caloric balance. It means being able to do some exercise and not become severely out of breath and then take days to recover. I will never ever take seriously anyone that says you can be fat and healthy. Most (if not all) overweight people I know or have met cannot tolerate even slightly difficult forms of exercise (assuming they aren't already too obese to do anything but walk). Being overweight puts way more pressure on the joints as well. Everything is worse. Its coping. It is as simple as that.

No use on this forum to get into debates though. There have been countless debates on this topic already. The divide is very clear here. You have the people who will never equate fat with healthy and will do what they can to maintain a healthy weight while eating healthy, and those who think yes you can be fat and healthy and it can be even good and will gladly pound down lots of Peat-approved foods. Its your choice in the end whether you want to be fat or not. Just make sure whatever choice you make you know you won't regret later.

jdrop

The gentleman had health issues to recover from, father to young child or children, worked more than one gig for a time, researches prolifically, has created numerous enemies through the theme of his work. Think he is managing his stressors pretty well, all considering. He seems to get sharper and sharper, and i do not think he cares much to get chiseled. Also, for a person that continues to consistently experiment, you can expect some up and down from failed experiments.

T

TheBeard

His mental sharpness, speech fluency and complexion all points towards health as far as I can tell.
More fat is helpful to buffer toxins in today's environment. Lean people have more risk to carry a toxic load

OP
B

BBRP

To get overweight in the first place, you need to consume more calories then your body needs. It is factual, obesity promotes insulin resistance, diabetes, and basically worsens most health problems. If vanity isn't good enough for you, avoiding many health problems should be.

Health means energy, vitality, good body fat because you can maintain caloric balance. It means being able to do some exercise and not become severely out of breath and then take days to recover. I will never ever take seriously anyone that says you can be fat and healthy. Most (if not all) overweight people I know or have met cannot tolerate even slightly difficult forms of exercise (assuming they aren't already too obese to do anything but walk). Being overweight puts way more pressure on the joints as well. Everything is worse. Its coping. It is as simple as that.

No use on this forum to get into debates though. There have been countless debates on this topic already. The divide is very clear here. You have the people who will never equate fat with healthy and will do what they can to maintain a healthy weight while eating healthy, and those who think yes you can be fat and healthy and it can be even good and will gladly pound down lots of Peat-approved foods. Its your choice in the end whether you want to be fat or not. Just make sure whatever choice you make you know you won't regret later.

Lots of truth, even though I’m at the lowest end of obesity (30 BMI), my joints hurt, my back hurts after a night of sleep.

It sucks. I know I would feel a lot better physically with 40 less pounds on me.

Probably just gonna do a diet of eggs, meat, and fruit.

None of this sugar and dairy stuff

Nicole W.

His mental sharpness, speech fluency and complexion all points towards health as far as I can tell.
More fat is helpful to buffer toxins in today's environment. Lean people have more risk to carry a toxic load[/QUOT

This thread sucks. Especially the title. Feels like fat shaming to me....just super unkind and unnecessary. This topic could have been easily discussed without naming names. Geez.

That being said, Georgi looks fine to me: healthy and happy. Exactly what counts in life...