Is My Face Obviously Assymetrical?

court_out

851C96C1-7A47-4F53-9A9A-D7657325202E.jpeg

Hi there, so for years I have noticed my assymetrical face and it has gotten worse and worse.

One side of my face, the ‘good’ side is fine. And the other side, my ‘bad’ side is much smaller and hideous. It affects me everyday, in everything I do.

I feel so uncomfortable talking to someone when my bad side is facing them, and even worse when photographs are being taken.

It is ruining my self confidence and my ability to enjoy life.

However, I have asked my partner and a few friends over the years if it was noticeable and they said no. I find this absolutely ridiculous when it is so obvious.

I would like to get some feedback. Please don’t be cruel, this is the first time I have ever shared photos so I’m feeling very vulnerable about it.

Tarmander

Are you hypo? I have had an eyebrow higher then another that seemed to get worse the more hypothyroid I became, although I have had it all my life. Also, do you sleep on one side consistently?

churchmouth

Not a particularly useful post but you have a beautiful / attractive face (from my male opinion).

It is very hard to tell for me, honestly, and I could make a guess which side but also question if you are looking straight (or the shadow is not even), it is that subtle / non-existent. Hopefully others can help.

FredSonoma

Ive spent a bit more time than I'm proud studying "face aesthetics"

https://m.popkey.co/2d44be/pZ5gK_s-200x150.gif

and yes your face is a bit asymmetrical but it's pretty standard tbh

mine is quite a bit more obviously asymmetric

what I can see on your face is basically the main asymmetry that I seen on ANYONE, srs, including mine

the right side of your face is more "Forward Grown" than the left side

see how your right cheekbone is lower set and a bit more forward than the left cheekbone?

this is then causing your right orbital and eye to be slightly lower

lucky for you this seems to be the only place it has manifested

for many, like me, it can cause the nose to be pushed to the left (because the right cheekbone and maxilla are slightly more forward than the left side, pushing the nose to the left), as well as cause a crossbite (the mandible attaches near the zygo, so if one zygo is mroe forward than the other it can mess up the symmetry of the bite)

FredSonoma

actually when I look again it does seem you have a very slight crossbite, where your lower set of teeth are slightly off to the right, I have the same thing

all in all your asymmetry exists but I see similar quite often

if you are in good hormonal and metabolic health you can still most definitely attract a good looking man

MigFon

You don't seem to have a face more asymmetrical than the average girl. I think the reason why the asymetry is so obvious to you, is because you are used to see yourself in the mirror more often than in pictures, and your brain is expecting to see the same exact image in pictures that it perceives in the mirror, but since the mirror shows your face horizontaly reversed compared to pictures, you notice your assymetries so much more, because it exposes how different both sides of the face really are.

If you pay close attention to pictures of famous atractive women or men, you will see the same assymetries that you notice in yourself, but you really must be trying to find them. I think human beings perceive faces as a whole and don't really notice the subtle differences or assymetries in faces unless we really are looking for them, beautiful is still beautiful regardless of tiny asymmetries.

Try to reverse you picture horizontally and see if you still notice the asymmetry as much, I suspect you won't.

Last edited:

raypeatclips

Yes your face is slightly asymmetrical, but you shouldn't draw any other conclusions from that. I personally wouldn't have noticed anything if you had not mentioned it, it is a very minor thing, it really isn't noticeable. You have a partner, I assumed that would be what you were worried about but you know you must have at least some attraction to get a partner right?

Take a look at Ryan gosling, he has a similar thing going on as you and is a sex symbol. Be happy with yourself and confident.

a0a15def2b81d63f883c04975e379a7e--hey-girl-ryan-gosling.jpg

Please don't let it consume your life, just focus on improving your health and everything else will fall into place.

Tarmander

Yes your face is slightly asymmetrical, but you shouldn't draw any other conclusions from that. I personally wouldn't have noticed anything if you had not mentioned it, it is a very minor thing, it really isn't noticeable. You have a partner, I assumed that would be what you were worried about but you know you must have at least some attraction to get a partner right?

Take a look at Ryan gosling, he has a similar thing going on as you and is a sex symbol. Be happy with yourself and confident.

a0a15def2b81d63f883c04975e379a7e--hey-girl-ryan-gosling.jpg

Please don't let it consume your life, just focus on improving your health and everything else will fall into place.

God I could not stop seeing that in Blade Runner

milk_lover

Honestly, you are fine. Nothing is obvious. You should be happy with that nice face.. and you already have a partner who finds you attractive, why are you worried about what others tell you?

EIRE24

I agree with the rest of the posters, absolutely nothing to worry or be self conscious about. You are a vert pretty lady!

OP
C

court_out

Thanks for the feedback guys, but I don’t think the front on photo does it justice. Here are some angled photos from either side (cringe!)
D9ADF297-0D16-4280-9F0D-3BACF8626AF1.jpeg
6782432A-E506-417D-B4E0-60E303827C13.jpeg

Constatine

Your face is hardly at all asymmetrical. I don't really know how to improve face symmetry though physiological doses of the fat solubles, especially vitamin A, are important (preferably through food). I would also guess a very high mineral diet would be important as well. I have noticed that over longer periods of having perfect health and being very happy my face would become more symmetrical and I would be much more attractive in general. Not very helpful I know but strive for a lifestyle that makes your body happy and the rest will come.
Also the curvature of the spine likely has to do with it. Go see a good chiropractor and get your spine alligned (they are not at BS as many believe) and maybe even practice yoga.

Last edited:

cbar09

From a Danny Roddy article about thyroid supplementation:
"No single symptom has been found which would apply to every person with low metabolism. Some have fatigue, some have cutaneous disorders, some have dry skin, some have nervousness, some have menstrual difficulties, some have dry hair and some have other symptoms, but none of these signs could be considered reliable in all cases." Broda Barnes

Hypothyroidism in pictures (before and after thyroid treatment):

cc567476b7594d69929b83648dc889c7

I think the picture furthest to the right is a good example of facial asymmetry improving from better thyroid function.

To me it looks like a symptom of hypothyroidism. I have asymmetrical eyelids (due to ptosis - one eyelid droops while the other looks normal) and it has bothered me in the past and makes my face look quite asymmetrical. Since peating and focusing on maintaining a good metabolic rate and thyroid functioning, it has noticeably improved.

I would say your facial asymmetry is pretty minor, and as often happens with appearance-related issues, the more you look at and scrutinize it, the more exaggerated and imperfect it will seem. Just remember that probably nobody looks at your face more than you do, and so the way you see yourself could be vastly different than how others see you. Like the other posters above, it's really hardly noticeable.

As a generally considered safe supplement, Ray Peat has mentioned Pregnenolone for restoring the elasticity of the skin which might "lift" the one side of your face:
Many people have noticed that pregnenolone has a "face-lifting" action. This effect seems to be produced by improved circulation to the skin, and by an actual contraction of some muscle-like cells in the skin. A similar effect can improve joint mobility in arthritis, tissue elasticity in the lungs, and even eyesight. Many studies have shown it to be protective of "fibrous tissues" in general, and in this connection it was proven to prevent the tumors that can be caused by estrogen.

- Ray Peat (Progesterone Pregnenolone & DHEA - Three Youth-Associated Hormones)

Art Vandelay

You're blowing this way out of proportion. Your asymmetries are minimal and less than that of the average goblin on the street.

You need to stop analysing your face, keep in mind(in the back of your mind) the things that affect facial structure and get back to living life.

Richiebogie

You are young and beautiful.

Sadly time ages us all, so be happy now!

Maybe you are at school now surrounded by young people, but when you enter the workforce you will be amongst older people, which should give you some perspective!

Frankdee20

It’s a slight bit asymmetric, it is not offensively obvious. Overall, you have an attractive face, and I’d be willing to gamble a personality to match. That’s actually priceless, and there’s nothing that can correct a bad personality, all the money in the world buys augmentations. Being an ***hole though, is not rectifiable, lol. Don’t feel bad, I’ve got a nice face, and terrible personality

BibleBeliever

Are women really this strange?
You have a partner; so presumably someone who loves you and accepts you for your beauty and you still can't find satisfaction?
It's barely noticeable.
How something so meager is ruining your life is craziness.
You look like athletic type higher testosterone woman, I doubt anyone has ever commented on your face thing.
What causes this obsessive compulsive disorder? Too much hollywood?

Dhair

Are women really this strange?
You have a partner; so presumably someone who loves you and accepts you for your beauty and you still can't find satisfaction?
It's barely noticeable.
How something so meager is ruining your life is craziness.
You look like athletic type higher testosterone woman, I doubt anyone has ever commented on your face thing.
What causes this obsessive compulsive disorder? Too much hollywood?
If I didn't know any better, I would think we are being trolled. This is the second thread by a woman asking us to analyze their face in a week. I don't want to be too hard on OP, but I fail to see how these things are even health related...

BibleBeliever

If I didn't know any better, I would think we are being trolled. This is the second thread by a woman asking us to analyze their face in a week. I don't want to be too hard on OP, but I fail to see how these things are even health related...
Yeah, could be fishing for compliments too I guess. Very fishy.