Is Losing Bodyfat The Most Important Thing?

cyclops

If you have no other immediate health problems?

I've been reading how fat cells contain allot of estrogen. And we all know PUFA is bad and accumulates. So should figuring out how to get lean be a person's priority?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Danger is my middle name. I think I can handle it.

Makrosky

No. I have been lean my whole life. The more skinny I am the worse I feel.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

No. I have been lean my whole life. The more skinny I am the worse I feel.

I don't like the word skinny. It makes me think of being kind of lean with not much muscle. I think the ideal is to have lots of muscle and low body fat...a body not many would call skinny. That is why I said lean. I don't think many would argue this looks best and I'd think is the most healthy since you have muscle and not storing PUFA.

Xisca

I've been reading how fat cells contain allot of estrogen. And we all know PUFA is bad and accumulates. So should figuring out how to get lean be a person's priority?
You have to considere WHY PUFA ACCUMULATES! They are not supposed to, as you can burn them. It seems you considere that pufas will ALWAYS accumulate, which I do not believe.

CHECK: I got an organic acid test, they gave me as a result that my lipid metabolism was good. I AM LEAN.
But it also showed a problem with my sugar metabolism.... and I am not doing good with a high sugar diet, and even carb fee and "good sugar" rich, as I dropped sugar after a few months and went on with honey and fruits, as I have access to ripe tropical fruits. And high quality goat cheese.

The result for me was to be hungry all the time, and eating too many times, which resulted in stomach irritation I think. I also started to have liver problem, accumulated bile, because I was taking more coconut and less olive. OLIVE OIL is a must for your body, as coconut does not stimulate bile. . Also bile excretes the copper, which is high in dairies and tropical fruits and liver, compared to zinc. And you tend to lack zinc if you lower your muscle meat intake! These are the reason why I did not do good.

I put on bad fat, like stretch marks and cellulitis, with haggen daaz this summer when I was away and could have it. Mainly vanilla, and some with macadamia. But nobody would have called me fat anyway, and I know I can burn it.

A body is not meant to carry that much weight, so yes it is a priority, and it needs will and efforts too, that is why most people do not like to make it a priority. PUFA SHOULD NOT ACCUMULATE. Also if your diet is high sugar and you do not burn fat, then the little pufa you eat might accumulate. But obviously, if fat is made from the eaten sugar, then accumulated fat should be majorly saturated, don't you think so?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

The result for me was to be hungry all the time, and eating too many times, which resulted in stomach irritation I think. I also started to have liver problem, accumulated bile, because I was taking more coconut and less olive. OLIVE OIL is a must for your body, as coconut does not stimulate bile. . Also bile excretes the copper, which is high in dairies and tropical fruits and liver, compared to zinc. And you tend to lack zinc if you lower your muscle meat intake! These are the reason why I did not do good.

Some people seem to do great without olive oil. But you think it's a must for all fat bodies?

See what Peat said about body fat in my post in the email thread.

Adiposity is toxicity. It's where environmental contaminants are stored as well as pufa. It also says something about a person's ability to control themselves. If one claims to be into finding optimal health but is okay with adiposity then they don't understand the definition of optimal. Yes you can feel bad being skinny but so what. You can feel bad at any weight. The question is where are you going towards finding your optimal state. Being too lean and being too fat are both not optimal.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Adiposity is toxicity. It's where environmental contaminants are stored as well as pufa. It also says something about a person's ability to control themselves. If one claims to be into finding optimal health but is okay with adiposity then they don't understand the definition of optimal. Yes you can feel bad being skinny but so what. You can feel bad at any weight. The question is where are you going towards finding your optimal state. Being too lean and being too fat are both not optimal.

What do you consider too lean?

Xisca

Some people seem to do great without olive oil. But you think it's a must for all fat bodies?
If they have a strong liver, no problem, they will do great. I do not know for dairy fat, but just I know that coconut is metabolised differently.
Bile flow is absolutely essential. I do better if I take a lot of olive oil in an orange juice 1st thing in the morning, and wait before eating real breakfast. I removed my gall bladder pain. It is a sort of small liver flush. Of course I dose what tastes ok, and shake strong, as a vinaigrette dressing. I think it works also if you use it with a salad. I soak the well cut salad in it in advance, makes it softer. Very tasty sweet salad!

OP
cyclops

cyclops

If they have a strong liver, no problem, they will do great. I do not know for dairy fat, but just I know that coconut is metabolised differently.
Bile flow is absolutely essential. I do better if I take a lot of olive oil in an orange juice 1st thing in the morning, and wait before eating real breakfast. I removed my gall bladder pain. It is a sort of small liver flush. Of course I dose what tastes ok, and shake strong, as a vinaigrette dressing. I think it works also if you use it with a salad. I soak the well cut salad in it in advance, makes it softer. Very tasty sweet salad!

I'm glad olive oil is helping you, but I don't think I have any of the issues you have (no pain), just the fat body.

What do you consider too lean?

When you have low body fat combined with wasted muscle is when you start to look anorexic. But it's not the low body fat that is the problem. It's the wasting of muscle. Anorexics look the way they do because of their muscles, not their fat.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

When you have low body fat combined with wasted muscle is when you start to look anorexic. But it's not the low body fat that is the problem. It's the wasting of muscle. Anorexics look the way they do because of their muscles, not their fat.

I agree. Low body fat and relatively large muscle mass is best.

Xisca

ok but my post was mainly about something else than olive oil.
2 main points:
- Why do you accumulate fat is what you need to look for.
I gave the idea you can check the metabolism of fat and sugar. What you have in your urine marks what does not works well in your metabolism. Mine was Genova. It even gives you result about guts, if you have sibo, candida and more. Also it gives you how your adrenaline, dopamine and serotonine are doing! Are also if your phases 1 and 2 of liver detox works well.

- pufas can be burned and should be, so that they do not harm by accumulating.

- weight is not good for joints and much more. so yes it looks important for me. Some progrressive exercise will make you loose fat and build muscle for sure. I do not think the aim is to loose fat, but use the enrgy wisely!

I agree. Low body fat and relatively large muscle mass is best.

Exactly. I like that you used the word decent because that's all it has to be. Roman and Greek statues showed that state. In paintings too. Women get a pass to store some extra fat around the **** and thighs because of pregnancy but that's only for that period. The naturally attractive lean female belly is proof that we evolved in that way.

Last edited:
This is a huge fallacy.

Being "ideal weight" and healthy is ideal.

But once you have gained fat, it is dangerous to lose it.

It isn't the panacea at all. Far from it. Most people who lose weight end up sicker than before. Almost 100% of them.

I have cited studies and proof in other threads.

Peat has said people do better around 28% BMI.

I am losing fat myself. But at a slow pace. Maybe 1/2 pound a week. I think that if you are careful, that can be a safe amount, although it may still be too fast.

I started with Peatish ideas here, but high fat and high carbs to "raise my metabolism" which only made me 215.

I went through fat depletion for PUFAs at various times, felt awful, but the last time around VLF I felt okay. And my temps have risen in the last few months quite a lot.

I will eventually be 185 or so again. But it may take another year.

The OP said the question was, is losing body fat the most important thing.

These two studies, even if they are valid ones which I do not believe, are about mortality in people who already lean. Compared to people who are fat. These two studies don't say much (I think) about people who are fat, who then lose weight and becoming healthier, which was the OP question. Or did I misunderstand?

This is such a common fallacy but we should not make it here. If you are already overweight is it better to lose weight or is it better to remain fat? What are the risks of losing weight? Is it really better to lose weight?

I maintain that it may not be good to lose weight and in fact is dangerous and must be done very safely and in a very controlled way that most people are not doing that...

... most people who lose weight are much less healthy as a result of their weight loss, and will die sooner and get more disease as a result of losing weight.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals