Is Drinking More Fluids Really Benefitial For Helping Kidneys?

nymuscle89

Hey guys

You always hear that drinking more fluids is benefitial for the kidneys since it „lowers the stress on them“

But would you need to if not thirsty? I mean i eat a lot of protein cause of sport and have 3,5 liter acccording to cronometer from foods and maybe drink like another 1-2 atm cause its not that hot.

But does drinking more really help? Or is urine color the best indicator? I thought drinking too much is just as stressful.

And how much fluid would be needed for like 300gr protein? Is there any scientific data?

fradon

Hey guys

You always hear that drinking more fluids is benefitial for the kidneys since it „lowers the stress on them“

But would you need to if not thirsty? I mean i eat a lot of protein cause of sport and have 3,5 liter acccording to cronometer from foods and maybe drink like another 1-2 atm cause its not that hot.

But does drinking more really help? Or is urine color the best indicator? I thought drinking too much is just as stressful.

And how much fluid would be needed for like 300gr protein? Is there any scientific data?

not always drinking more can cause imbalance in sodium/potassium...increase unrination and goodbye b vitmains, vitamin c, and minerals which are all water soluable. drinking more can also cause edema