Is Allithiamine Holy Grail? Against The World With Smile?

Arnold Grape

Having read through this thread I am still not sure if it is better to take thiamine or allithiamine.

Haidut sais that

haidut said:
"I just discovered that plain old thiamine Hcl achieves the same bioavailability as the fat-soluble thiamines provided you take it for at least 7 days. So, taking 300mg oral thiamine Hcl for a week will achieve the same blood levels as taking 300mg allithiamine. All thiamines may give you bad smell due to the sulfur they contain. So, use at your own risk but I think it is a small price to pay given the benefits."

But @Broken man you are saying that has not been your experience. Seems to me that if I have a choice between both that I should go for allithiamine due to the conflicting studies on Thiamine HCL absorption.
So what would the dosing look like for Hcl for a person? I dose this pretty high on the regular, but I've just been doing that for a while with little concept of that establishing itself like a fat soluble. (I have noticed a difference between brands, however.)

Lucenzo01

I was forced to stop because I had digestive issues and I was feeling very bad. I am finding source with pure allithiamine now.

Ok, thanks the fast answer. And thanks for @Wagner83 too. Have you felt any better after stopping allithiamine? I have been feeling really good at sulbutiamine and wanted to try allithimine but after seeing reports like this I just stop wanting to try.

I've been having success on Thiamine Mononitrate, which is also fat soluble. It is very affordable and the amount of nitrate in it is not a concern, I haven't had any NO effects from it. I take in maybe 50mg of nitrate from my daily dose, no worse than having a few stalks of celery. Considering it is fat soluble, most likely could get by with just dosing once a week - therefore limiting extended exposure to any nitrate, but like I said the nitrate hasn't seemed to make a dent, I get a worse reaction from eating a small beet. I started on the Thiamine Mononitrate about a month ago, and before I started it I was feeling like taking a nap after every meal, now I am actually feeling like the food I eat is turning in to readily accessible energy, my recovery time from a large meal is improving greatly, what used to have me napping (actually falling asleep) for 30 minutes now has me sitting and relaxing for 15 minutes and my body temp has stabilized around the meals (it even rises sometimes!), where as it would dip drastically (particularly in the morning) before.

Last edited:
OP
Broken man

Broken man

Ok, thanks the fast answer. And thanks for @Wagner83 too. Have you felt any better after stopping allithiamine? I have been feeling really good at sulbutiamine and wanted to try allithimine but after seeing reports like this I just stop wanting to try.
The first day, it was like I was on some type of a drug. I was feeling soo good, so much energy and dopamine. I was using it until I got really bad stomach pain. I recovered after 4 days because high dose of vitamin K2 MK4.

shepherdgirl

If regular vitamin B1 (the Hcl salt) is used then in some people it is not absorbed properly, and even it is absorbed it does not improve vitamin B1 status by converting into thiamine pyrophosphate (TPP) which is what is needed for the enzyme PDH to work and lower pyruvate/lactate.

@haidut - do you think taking thiamine HCl sublingually could improve its absorption and conversion into TPP?

Antonello

Allithiamine orally gives me intestinal inflammation (i'm very senstitive to fillers) so I tried to dissolved in a 20% alcool solution and does not dissolve, maybe some expert like @haidut can give us an answer here. However topical I feel a boost in 20minutes after application but I have to wash it off the powder that remains on the surface of the skin.

Velve921

It is quite possible that most people run low on thiamine. As I said in other posts, a week of 300mg regular thiamine Hcl daily achieves the same concentrations as 300mg IV thiamine, which is a massive dose even by hospital standards. The only advantage of allithiamine is that it can quickly boost B1 contents in RBC and other cells without having to wait for a week as with the regular B1 to achieve supraphysiological B1 levels in cells.

What source of allithiamine have you used previously?

haidut

Forum Supporter
What source of allithiamine have you used previously?

The powder and capsules from Cardiovascular Research, but I think they stopped the powder product.

haidut

Forum Supporter

ddjd

@Arnold Grape in my experience, its much better to take small amounts of B1 thiamine HCL but regularly throughout the day. Say 50mg each time. I take 50mg about 6 times a day, so 300mg per day total. If you take 300mg in one go i think you're much more likely to excrete most of it.

@Broken man Another important thing to remember is that Magnesium is the TPP cofactor so you should always supplement B1 thiamine HCL with magnesium. I only use magnesium glycinate or malate and get much better effects than if i take B1 alone.

@smith @Antonello Benfothiamine is also a very popular fat solube form of b1. Have you tried it?

@Captain_Coconut thanks for the heads up on Thiamine Mononitrate
this also looks like an interesting form of the active TPP Swanson Premium Activated Vitamin B-1 16 mg 30 Veg Caps - Swanson Health Products

@Texon i totally agree, i think b1 deficiency is a huge issue that most people arent aware of. Often people are supplementing the wrong kind of B1 or without enough magnesium so they dont notice any effect, and then presume low b1 isnt the problem.

Inaut

@Arnold Grape in my experience, its much better to take small amounts of B1 thiamine HCL but regularly throughout the day. Say 50mg each time. I take 50mg about 6 times a day, so 300mg per day total. If you take 300mg in one go i think you're much more likely to excrete most of it.

@Broken man Another important thing to remember is that Magnesium is the TPP cofactor so you should always supplement B1 thiamine HCL with magnesium. I only use magnesium glycinate or malate and get much better effects than if i take B1 alone.

@smith @Antonello Benfothiamine is also a very popular fat solube form of b1. Have you tried it?

@Captain_Coconut thanks for the heads up on Thiamine Mononitrate
this also looks like an interesting form of the active TPP Swanson Premium Activated Vitamin B-1 16 mg 30 Veg Caps - Swanson Health Products

@Texon i totally agree, i think b1 deficiency is a huge issue that most people arent aware of. Often people are supplementing the wrong kind of B1 or without enough magnesium so they dont notice any effect, and then presume low b1 isnt the problem.

very helpful. thanks @Joeyd

OP
Broken man

Broken man

@Joeyd the reason why I wrote mitolipin to your thread about vitamin B1 Is that taking vitamins to boost thyroid function seems to me like a very complicated way. Because to get long term results with minimal complications is harder than you could think. I did alot of trials with vitamins And the results are always the same, short term success with burnout later. Burnout because you will use all cofactors that you need to have results until you will get another deficiency. Mitolipin gave me steady broad range benefits and one of them was increased carbon dioxide.

ddjd

I've been having success on Thiamine Mononitrate, which is also fat soluble. It is very affordable and the amount of nitrate in it is not a concern, I haven't had any NO effects from it. I take in maybe 50mg of nitrate from my daily dose, no worse than having a few stalks of celery. Considering it is fat soluble, most likely could get by with just dosing once a week - therefore limiting extended exposure to any nitrate, but like I said the nitrate hasn't seemed to make a dent, I get a worse reaction from eating a small beet. I started on the Thiamine Mononitrate about a month ago, and before I started it I was feeling like taking a nap after every meal, now I am actually feeling like the food I eat is turning in to readily accessible energy, my recovery time from a large meal is improving greatly, what used to have me napping (actually falling asleep) for 30 minutes now has me sitting and relaxing for 15 minutes and my body temp has stabilized around the meals (it even rises sometimes!), where as it would dip drastically (particularly in the morning) before.
Experimenting now with b1 Mononitrate and noticing very good effects, much better energy, memory, social skills are better.
It seems to be even better when taken with magnesium glycinate.
How much are you taking daily?

Experimenting now with b1 Mononitrate and noticing very good effects, much better energy, memory, social skills are better.
It seems to be even better when taken with magnesium glycinate.
How much are you taking daily?

I take 350mg on the weekends and that feels like it lasts for the week. I took something like 1 gram a day for a while when I was starting out.

ddjd

Having read through this thread I am still not sure if it is better to take thiamine or allithiamine.

Haidut sais that

haidut said:
"I just discovered that plain old thiamine Hcl achieves the same bioavailability as the fat-soluble thiamines provided you take it for at least 7 days. So, taking 300mg oral thiamine Hcl for a week will achieve the same blood levels as taking 300mg allithiamine. All thiamines may give you bad smell due to the sulfur they contain. So, use at your own risk but I think it is a small price to pay given the benefits."

But @Broken man you are saying that has not been your experience. Seems to me that if I have a choice between both that I should go for allithiamine due to the conflicting studies on Thiamine HCL absorption.

in this thread
Thiamine Reduces Both Lactate And Ammonia

haidut writes "The study was with humans and also included exercise, which makes thiamine even more interesting to athletes. The type of thiamine used was TTFD, which is the scientific name for allithiamine, and the dose was 10mg/kg. That would mean a total daily dose in the range of 600mg-900mg for most people. "

i really think the best benefits come from allithiamine, its far superior to HCL

ddjd

@Joeyd the reason why I wrote mitolipin to your thread about vitamin B1 Is that taking vitamins to boost thyroid function seems to me like a very complicated way. Because to get long term results with minimal complications is harder than you could think. I did alot of trials with vitamins And the results are always the same, short term success with burnout later. Burnout because you will use all cofactors that you need to have results until you will get another deficiency. Mitolipin gave me steady broad range benefits and one of them was increased carbon dioxide.
after your manic original post at the top of this thread, high on Allithiamine, i dont know what to believe :laughing:

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals