I'm A Guy And I LOVE Progesterone

L

lollipop

I think progesterone and coffee have reversed my Asperger's. I'm able to hold really long and natural conversations with people now, and I'm able to open up to others without sounding weird, which I could never do before... Progesterone really does cure everything...
This is spectacular. Good for you! Thank you for sharing.

Sobieski

I think progesterone and coffee have reversed my Asperger's. I'm able to hold really long and natural conversations with people now, and I'm able to open up to others without sounding weird, which I could never do before... Progesterone really does cure everything...

I think the robotic, awkward personality that results of ASD's has a large metabolic/energy component to it, without a doubt.

Progesterone

I've been applying progesterone in mct on my face and rubbing in for about a week now. My face already looks younger, healthier and it has given me a youthful glow. I do, however, use androsterone, pregnenolone and K2 to balance out the androgens but not everyday.

Edit: I've also been applying vitamin D in mct oil to my face about twice weekly.

You still using prog on your face?

A. squamosa

@lampofred I'd be interested to know where you read that starting with a super high dose of progesterone is safest, otherwise one risks enhancing estrogen dominance symptoms; could you post that article/study/ thread? Cheers!

OP
L

lampofred

@lampofred I'd be interested to know where you read that starting with a super high dose of progesterone is safest, otherwise one risks enhancing estrogen dominance symptoms; could you post that article/study/ thread? Cheers!

It wasn't a study, those are the dosing instructions that I found online with any reputed progesterone seller. It might have even been the instructions on Progest E (Dr. Peat's brand) but I'm not fully sure

A. squamosa

damn ... @lampofred @Arnold Grape I suppose the same goes for women as well as men in that case, right?
Do you think once you've started on a low dose it's too late to overcome enhancement of estrogen symptoms, or is it possible to start high dosing (after already starting low progesterone supplementation) and chase off the symptoms?

OP
L

lampofred

damn ... @lampofred @Arnold Grape I suppose the same goes for women as well as men in that case, right?
Do you think once you've started on a low dose it's too late to overcome enhancement of estrogen symptoms, or is it possible to start high dosing (after already starting low progesterone supplementation) and chase off the symptoms?

I think it shouldn't matter that you started off at a low dose as long as you maintain a high dose (along with high protein) for a long enough period of time to remove the estrogen.

Frankdee20

Are there any supplements which can boost progesterone naturally ? I’ve seen Vitamin E linked to this, nothing else.

Progesterone

@lampofred What dosage of prog would you say is best to use, if your goal would be improving hair on scalp?

Also, do you get the same results consistently no matter how you dose? i.e, dosing on wrists, forearms, directly on tongue, etc? Is there a best spot? (assuming you only use it topically).

I'm also a long time prog user, and love the stuff for different various reasons; however I am really trying to hone in on it's hair boosting capabilities.

I remember a post where you mentioned 40mg of prog, was definitely helpful for your hair. Is that the sweet spot dosage for hair, in your experience? or..?

Also your usage of caffeine and touting how it's so important for hair fascinates me... please feel free to elaborate on that. I recently stopped taking caffeine, for about a month and a half, and it didn't help my hair at all (thought it would). Usually I would take 200mg caffeine a day. Sometimes also 24mg of ephedrine as well.

@xetawaves

Last edited:

LUH 3417

Can anyone attest to any differences in ProgestE, progestene, and health natura progesterone besides prices and formula? Did anyone have varying experiences with any of these?

OP
L

lampofred

@lampofred What dosage of prog would you say is best to use, if your goal would be improving hair on scalp?

Also, do you get the same results consistently no matter how you dose? i.e, dosing on wrists, forearms, directly on tongue, etc? Is there a best spot? (assuming you only use it topically).

I'm also a long time prog user, and love the stuff for different various reasons; however I am really trying to hone in on it's hair boosting capabilities.

I remember a post where you mentioned 40mg of prog, was definitely helpful for your hair. Is that the sweet spot dosage for hair, in your experience? or..?

Also your usage of caffeine and touting how it's so important for hair fascinates me... please feel free to elaborate on that. I recently stopped taking caffeine, for about a month and a half, and it didn't help my hair at all (thought it would). Usually I would take 200mg caffeine a day. Sometimes also 24mg of ephedrine as well.

@xetawaves

Sorry for the late response... I didn't see this until now. About progesterone and its effects on hair, in my case it was simply the more the better. I just used as much as I could without getting undesirable symptoms like being excessively sleepy, sedated, etc. I guess I naturally had very high estrogen because I could use around 100mg with no side effects which is ridiculously high. Same with caffeine... the more, the better as long as I avoided stress symptoms like adrenaline, hyperactivity, etc. I used to be able to handle 800-1200 mg a day (that dose was best for hair) but that has gone down a lot recently for reasons I don't understand (maybe depleted nutrients?). Aspirin was also extremely helpful for hair (around 2 standard 325 mg tabs a day) along with K2 (I think K2 was helpful because it reversed calcification). What aspirin, progesterone, and caffeine all have in common is that they lower estrogen, prostaglandins, and most importantly prolactin while increasing progesterone, and a low progesterone to estrogen ratio along with high prostaglandins is caused by excess PUFA. So it seems like it really does come down to excess PUFA/low thyroid/high prolactin. Another way to reduce prolactin is to avoid orgasm and sensory pleasure and increase zinc/decrease copper.

OP
L

lampofred

Can anyone attest to any differences in ProgestE, progestene, and health natura progesterone besides prices and formula? Did anyone have varying experiences with any of these?

Never tried Progestene but I thought Health Natura's progesterone was excellent and even better than ProgestE which is Dr. Peat's formula. I felt the progesterone effects more. But both Health Natura and ProgestE are far better than anything else like the avergae brands you find in the grocery store.

Progesterone

Sorry for the late response... I didn't see this until now. About progesterone and its effects on hair, in my case it was simply the more the better. I just used as much as I could without getting undesirable symptoms like being excessively sleepy, sedated, etc. I guess I naturally had very high estrogen because I could use around 100mg with no side effects which is ridiculously high. Same with caffeine... the more, the better as long as I avoided stress symptoms like adrenaline, hyperactivity, etc. I used to be able to handle 800-1200 mg a day (that dose was best for hair) but that has gone down a lot recently for reasons I don't understand (maybe depleted nutrients?). Aspirin was also extremely helpful for hair (around 2 standard 325 mg tabs a day) along with K2 (I think K2 was helpful because it reversed calcification). What aspirin, progesterone, and caffeine all have in common is that they lower estrogen, prostaglandins, and most importantly prolactin while increasing progesterone, and a low progesterone to estrogen ratio along with high prostaglandins is caused by excess PUFA. So it seems like it really does come down to excess PUFA/low thyroid/high prolactin. Another way to reduce prolactin is to avoid orgasm and sensory pleasure and increase zinc/decrease copper.

Thanks lampofred I appreciate your feedback!

I have moved my dosage down to 12mg for now, was starting to feel slightly docile on 100mg/day for extended period of time, but it seems Tyromix has curbed that.

Side question: You ever use thyroid? specifically tyromix?

OP
L

lampofred

Thanks lampofred I appreciate your feedback!

I have moved my dosage down to 12mg for now, was starting to feel slightly docile on 100mg/day for extended period of time, but it seems Tyromix has curbed that.

Side question: You ever use thyroid? specifically tyromix?

I've used dessicated thyroid and cytomel but never specifically tyromix, but I stopped because whenever i take exogenous thyroid, my TSH drops to extremely low levels (0.001) and my TSH normally without any supplements is around 1 (even though I have many hypothyroid symptoms). That scared me and made me think my body just doesn't have the resources to handle the extra thyroid. Surprisingly though, thyroid doesn't help my hair and energy levels as much as caffeine and aspirin do.

Progesterone

I've used dessicated thyroid and cytomel but never specifically tyromix, but I stopped because whenever i take exogenous thyroid, my TSH drops to extremely low levels (0.001) and my TSH normally without any supplements is around 1 (even though I have many hypothyroid symptoms). That scared me and made me think my body just doesn't have the resources to handle the extra thyroid. Surprisingly though, thyroid doesn't help my hair and energy levels as much as caffeine and aspirin do.

Very interesting.

Thank you very much.

Out of curiosity, are your body temps usually 98F+ ?

LUH 3417

Never tried Progestene but I thought Health Natura's progesterone was excellent and even better than ProgestE which is Dr. Peat's formula. I felt the progesterone effects more. But both Health Natura and ProgestE are far better than anything else like the avergae brands you find in the grocery store.
Thank you :)