I'm A Guy And I LOVE Progesterone

lampofred

I hope I'm not turning into a girl or something, but this makes me feel so good. Absolutely euphoric. I am 100% serious when I say large doses of progesterone make me feel better than any drug I've done. Absolutely fantastic feeling.

Is this how good you feel all the time once you get rid of estrogen dominance, or is this euphoria a short-lived phenomenon that occurs right when you start supplementing progesterone?

DaveFoster

Yeah, me too. No, it's just the fundamental anti-stress factor. Coffee never stops feeling good either.

Sheik

Progesterone is great for me too. I think it's become less euphoric but it still always feels good. I guess the supposed "penis shrinkage" effects only happen if a man doesn't have high estrogen and then takes progesterone long term. I've been taking 20mg progesterone daily for weeks and I assure you, there's no problem.

plGetN.jpg

Does euphoria from progesterone prove that a man has too high estrogen? Or is it just an indication?

Sucrates

I've taken large-ish doses a few times (30mg). It is nice, probably partly due to increasing MAOA, depleting brain serotonin. I keep to 6mg or below per day now though. It's a very good topical anti-inflmmatory.

Mufasa

but on a serious note, I'm wondering if you get similar results as 5a-dhp

Vinero

Same here.Great mood, sleep, and energy impovements. Even other people notice I behave different when I'm on progesterone. I'm just a lot more friendly and positive. It also makes me look better too in that it reduces puffiness and water retention. Progesterone also increases GABA besides lowering serotonin.

DaveFoster

Same here.Great mood, sleep, and energy impovements. Even other people notice I behave different when I'm on progesterone. I'm just a lot more friendly and positive. It also makes me look better too in that it reduces puffiness and water retention. Progesterone also increases GABA besides lowering serotonin.
One thing I've noticed; socializing becomes very easy.

Not in the sense of no anxiety; I don't even notice having no anxiety (I guess that's what no anxiety feels like,) but there's a sense of flow and people seem to respond like they're humans, rather than robots. Maybe it's an anti-autism action.

Vinero

Ray peats formulation is the best IMO. The vitamin E acts as a direct estrogen antagonist too and also contribute to the well-being effect. I get a similar feeling of sedation and euphoria from Vitamin E alone. When taken with coffee the effect is even stronger as caffeine potentiates progesterone.

Vinero

11-keto is good too, but IME mainly lowers stress hormones and does not have the euphoric qualities that progesterone has.

sprinter

I'm 31 male and want to try progesterone so bad. I know Peat recommends it along with Pregnenolone and DHEA as a great fundamental steroid. But I read so much stuff on here about men doing permanent damage, penis shrinkage, feminization, anti-androgen, etc. This is the exact opposite of what I want and Im sure not what you guys want either. I just dont know when to use it and how to gauge if its working.

Is it's main function anti-estrogen?

Is feminine fat storage a good sign you are estrogen dominant?

What do you think a good starting dose and dosage plan would be for a man?

Last edited:

Whiteheart

Greetings all, I applied a progesterone/vitamin E solution topically and saw and felt some positive effects, like lifting of mood. I am fairly certain that I am estrogen dominant as a result of social/environmental stress and from having poor nutrition for a few years now (though I have taken and am currently taking steps to implement a proper diet). I have also delt with moderate acne since I was about 13, which I suspect is indicative of high estrogen. I also began losing my hair at 18. Anyways, after about two weeks, of using topical progesterone, my bowels seemed to halt thier movement. I believe I initially went about 3 days without using the bathroom. I assume part of the issue is derived from the estrogen in my body being antagonized. I have not used the progesterone in about 3 weeks but my bowels still seem to be rather slow, to the point where I may not be able to go for a whole day. Obviously this is detrimental to a point, so I wonder what mechanism may have caused this and how it could be eased?

aquaman

I feel like it was a large part of the reason of putting on more stomach and chest fat a couple of years ago, I think was converting to Estrogen too much for me.

Emstar1892

One thing I've noticed; socializing becomes very easy.

Not in the sense of no anxiety; I don't even notice having no anxiety (I guess that's what no anxiety feels like,) but there's a sense of flow and people seem to respond like they're humans, rather than robots. Maybe it's an anti-autism action.

I experience this! It's amazing. My conversational skills and wit increase a lot with progesterone, almost overnight, and I am able to communicate with people in ways that I couldn't before (sustained eye contact, ability to swiftly transition between different conversations). My memory (particularly word and date recall) has also improved, which was a huge worry of mine as it started getting really ***t just over a year ago.

As an aside, it's also made me much more able to tolerate hangovers - as in, I don't really get them, and when I do, I don't have that horrid anxiety that makes me regret my actions! No idea what the mechanism is there.