If Protein Causes A Greater Insulin Spike Than Starch/Sugar

Xisca

That is when very small, hard particles can get trapped in the capillaries.
And something in the capillaries has just been identified as causing the specific pains of fibromylgia in those specific points that are a characteristic of the disease! I remember they said about some new nerves developing there and causing the sensibility... Again the autonomic nervous system...

shepherdgirl

Hmm, that's interesting...do you happen to have the reference for pains of fm originating in the capillaries? I don't know much about the effects of persorption.

schultz

Of course, this is so, but I still do not understand WHY at evolutionary level!

One thing that must be remembered is that humans are omnivores and can survive on a wide variety of food. Just because we can survive in very cold climates on meat and fat does not mean that that is optimal. It does give us the advantage of being able to spread out across the globe however.

Insulin does more than just deal with blood glucose. It also transports amino acids to the brain and the rest of the body.

+1

This is why bodybuilders try to spike their insulin post workout, to optimize muscle repair. Some of them even inject insulin....... :eek:

Xisca

Hmm, that's interesting...do you happen to have the reference for pains of fm originating in the capillaries? I don't know much about the effects of persorption.
I would have, but it was a paper I read about, and past the information itself, I did not need it anymore. So I do not have the link. I remember it as a normal defense of the body that was over-developped, that is why I said that again, the autonomic nervous system is at play. After trauma, we tend to react too much or too soon, just in case...

OP
R

Ron J

Question: Does the anti-stress benefits from sugar intake occur while insulin is elevated or soon after it drops? Or is there a "special" range of insulin induced by the fructose and potassium content of sugar that makes it better than starch?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals