If Calcification Is The Root Of Hair Loss - How To Reverse It? (Magnesium , D, A, K2, Potassium)

baccheion

Ok cool. I imagine the dosage was higher than what you can realistically get from food ? There's a warning to be made about this too since soils high in Silica have been linked to higher risks for certain cancer types.
It's said a typical male gets about 16 mg/day (absorbed). The recommended dose is usually 12 mg (~8 mg absorbed). You can also take less.

Elephanto

It's said a typical male gets about 16 mg/day (absorbed).
It greatly depends on the food you eat, or if you're in region which soils are especially high in Silica (pretty rare). Beer is by far the most important dietary source in the average population and accounts for much higher Silica concentrations in men than women. Not many foods are important sources of Silica.

In my experience, regarding hair quality and with food intake alone, it has diminished returns in benefits. Getting a dietary source once or twice a week improves it but I've also tried getting it daily and it didn't have a superior effect.

Just some info I'm adding about Silica. Not meant to argue with you, the dosage in your stack seems perfectly reasonable.

Arrade

@Arrade High Dose Vitamin C can markly potentiate Nitric Oxide. There are many agents you can use for atherosclerosis (have you yet read the Boron article ?), like all the other decalcifying agents, and working on endotoxin reduction, which most lead to reduced NO. Linus Pauling went bald too and his hair was really bad in his 40/50s. I don't think this shows that calcification isn't a root cause but rather that Nitric Oxide is also very important in causing excess angiogenesis. Most of the successful stacks have involved massive NO reduction, if by high dose Magnesium, Zinc and Endotoxin reduction (coconut oil, baking soda, ACV, Boron) alone.

Btw MSM significantly inhibits NO so I'm not saying that this stack doesn't work or leads to high NO but still something to consider about Vitamin C. It's also often impure (high in Lead).
thanks man good to know. I was wary about boron I read in another thread that it was very estrogenic, what do you know about that?

Elephanto

thanks man good to know. I was wary about boron I read in another thread that it was very estrogenic, what do you know about that?
The opposite has been shown in a study on collegial athletes. I edited my post to add this when I replied to you in this thread on page 4, maybe you didn't see :

It has also been falsely described as estrogenic from a study using average aged people, yet a study done on collegial athletes with doses of 9mg+ actually showed estrogen reduction and testosterone increase. This is easily explained by the fact that it only decreases SHBG, freeing up testosterone that was bound to it, so when the hormonal balance of a person tends away from protective hormones (high estrogen, high cortisol, high serotonin), more testosterone is available for aromatization into estrogen. In active young men, this wasn't seen as their stress hormones are low and stress is a promoter of aromatase. In the context of the bb.com guide, so many supps inhibit aromatase and cortisol (Vitamin A, E, K2, Zinc, Selenium, Magnesium, Niacinamide, endotoxin reduction from coconut oil and avoiding wheat) that even when prior hormonal balance is inadequate it probably has no chance to happen. An additional strategy for the more cautious people is to add a bit of Olive Oil to your diet, which has been shown to increase SHBG (as does Oleic Acid in general) on top of also being anti-estrogenic, pro-testosterone and anti-bacterial.

I also made a post about ways to increase SHBG :

One method to compensate by raising SHBG is Olive Oil (1-2tsps daily), but also fixing Insulin Resistance. High sugar intake (Fructose) can cause a fatty liver, and the induced lipogenesis shuts down SHBG. See this Too Much Sugar Turns Off Gene That Controls Effects Of Sex Steroids. Niacinamide, by inhibiting lipogenesis, can help with that. Reducing total fat intake will also help. Fiber intake has been positively correlated with SHBG. Fiber is one thing that works in a bell curve (negative effects when completely avoided and in excess), especially when you combine vegetal fiber with antiseptics like olive/coconut oil, vinegar, salt, parsley, cilantro, dried ginger etc (like Peat's Raw Carrot Salad). It latches to decaying stuff, endotoxins in your gut and moves mostly undigested all the way to your colon for evacuation. Helps reduce estrogen this way and reduces inflammation that leads to Insulin Resistance. Zinc, Coconut Oil/MCTs and Ginger increase SHBG by promoting HNF-4Alpha. Reducing inflammation, especially the cytokine TNF-Alpha which reduces SHBG/HNF4-Alpha, will help. I think selfhacked has a page on ways to reduce tnf-alpha if you check on google. I also made this thread a while ago : Importance Of HNF4-alpha In Liver Health (and Possibly Androgenic Alopecia). Reducing Iron will lead to higher SHBG in many ways, like reducing the oxidation of organs involved in glucose metabolism so preventing Insulin resistance.

Arrade

The opposite has been shown in a study on collegial athletes. I edited my post to add this when I replied to you in this thread on page 4, maybe you didn't see :

I also made a post about ways to increase SHBG :
Ill have to book mark this too. I didn’t remember that post, probably didn’t read clearly about the SHBG.

I’m pretty satisfied with beastly’s protocol, I don’t feel like it needs anything. But boron seems very useful

Elephanto

@Arrade

Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. - PubMed - NCBI

Six hours supplementation showed a significant decrease on sex hormone binding globulin (SHBG), high sensitive CRP (hsCRP) and TNF-α level. After one week (in samples taken at 8.00 A.M, only), the mean plasma free testosterone increased and the mean plasma estradiol decreased significantly.

Quite the opposite of "very estrogenic". It's also with 11.6mg, sometimes 3-6mg is enough to induce bone structure changes, potent decalcification and Fluoride excretion. The bb.com guide also advices to vary dosage according to how you feel (personally I never got an ill effect or appearance worsening from it).

Arrade

@Arrade

Comparative effects of daily and weekly boron supplementation on plasma steroid hormones and proinflammatory cytokines. - PubMed - NCBI

Quite the opposite of "very estrogenic". It's also with 11.6mg, sometimes 3-6mg is enough to induce bone structure changes, potent decalcification and Fluoride excretion. The bb.com guide also advices to vary dosage according to how you feel (personally I never got an ill effect or appearance worsening from it).
I’ll definitely give it a try, yeah I was turned off from the idea of estrogen and didn’t see your post.
I think i’ll get Pure Encapsulation’s

Hevel

What about Sodium Thiosulfate, does anyone have any experience with it, topically or internally?

Inaut

i've taken STS in the past with ascorbic acid. The flush was intense and awfully smelly... Probably not the way it was recommended though. I think ted from curezone said 1 grain in a cup of water is all that is needed daily.

JDreamer

@Elephanto

So I finally bought some molybdenum and boron to take along with Vitamin K2(MK4) and Vitamin A. I've even been mixing in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil every day as well.

For the past couple of weeks I've been consistently waking up rock hard. Hasn't been like this since I was in my mid/late 20's. I'm very interested to see where this regimen takes me.

I even mixed in some magnesium citrate on Saturday, but that stuff still gives me horribly runny stools.

Last edited:

Scenes

@Elephanto

So I finally bought some molybdenum and boron to take along with Vitamin K2(MK4) and Vitamin A. I've even been mixing in a couple tablespoons of coconut oil every day as well.

For the past couple of weeks I've been consistently waking up rock hard. Hasn't been like this since I was in my mid/late 20's. I'm very interested to see where this regimen takes me.

I even mixed in some magnesium citrate on Saturday, but that stuff still gives me horribly runny stools.

You saying molybdenum and boron is the game changer for you here? Were you already taking the other things?

Arrade

For the past 3-4 months I was only taking Vitamin K(MK4), Vitamin A, and some aspirin. I would also on occasion drink some ACV mixed with water and baking soda.
You should try transdermal magnesium oil so you don’t get as bad stools

Been eagerly looking into de-calcification myself recently, I like this, thanks for posting. Travis has pointed out that CO2 is ultimately the most important factor in de-calcifying soft tissue, so aspirin, sugar, thyroid, thiamine, biotin, and etc. are also worth looking into I think.
If I cannot increase CO2, do I have to resort to NO to decalcify my arteries / tissue ?

How is CO2 responsible if these vitamins are the ones that control calcium in the body.
+1

CO2 is an antagonist to Parathyroid Hormone for starter, which induces calcification. Protects against hypoxia which induces fibrosis.

Relaxes blood vessels and areas where blood doesn't flow properly start to calcify.

Reducing CO2 makes skin tissues take up calcium, while CO2 favors bone formation and keeps calcium in bones.

This is what many of the decalcifying agents do (keeping calcium in bones) : K2, Boron, Magnesium (from inhibiting Parathyroid Hormone), Vit D and the anti-estrogen supps (A, E, Zinc, Selenium etc).
Oh Thanks for the elaboration

D

danishispsychic

I do not have some crazy rat study or anything on this but ...... About a month ago, I started to go bonkers with citrus. Like blending a ton of oranges, lemons, grapefruit , lime in the Vitamix with ice and honey. Not sure if it is the Vit C in there .... but I know that citrus breaks down calcification and breaks up stones - and my scalp is totally happy, hair is not shedding, skin is all plumped up ( I also put collagen in my coffee ). I swear by mega citrus for hair. I ate a 5 lb bag of clementines this week.

Inaut

damn girl.....you make me want to be a better man...... !

Apple cider vinegar decalcified and baking soda for endotoxins, not sure about the combo
Alas. That does not work via oral route. baking soda for endotoxins, Baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and hydrochloric acid = H2, C02, water and carbon dioxide.
ACV is an acid that has to be applied topical to be able to decalcify tissue. Acid regulation in blood plasma is tightly regulated.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals