If Anarchists Can Make Pharma Drugs, Why Can't Somebody Make Lead-free Vitamin C

yerrag

...or allergen-free fructose, using DIY minilabs?

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/...-own-medicine-four-thieves-vinegar-collective

I personally think there is a conspiracy involved. Why are the majors-

- making lead-tainted vitamin C
-making allergen-tainted fructose
-adding harmful excipients to aspirin

when they have the resources to produce better vitamin C, better fructose, and better aspirin?

In the case of aspirin, isn't the reason people don't use aspirin is because mainly it is about being allergic to it? And if adding harmful excipients to aspirin is meant to lead people to use more expensive blood thinners in place of aspirin, aren't we glad we can still buy harmfulexcipient-free aspirin? I'm glad that because of this, Ray Peat isn't warning us not to take aspirin, as there is aspirin that can be bought that isn't purposefully "tainted."

Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of vitamin C and fructose.

Therefore, we need to be able to find a lab that can make these for us. A lab in our own home would be nice, wouldn't it?

Can someone develop a minilab and either sell it or publish DIY plans to make vitamin C and fructose? If it's to be sold and funds are needed for developing it, I'd support a Kickstarter project on it.

Wouldn't it be nice if Ray could finally say "Vitamin C is good" and "Fructose is allergy-free."

OP
yerrag

yerrag

The universe that appreciates lead-free vitamin C and allergen-free fructose is a small universe. Out of this small universe, the chances of someone having the desire and the ability to make homemade lead-free vitamin C and allergen-free fructose would be pretty small.

One would have to have the extraordinary genius of Fermi, who knows theory pretty well and be able to apply it, turning ideas into a real product.

raypeatclips

Because drug prices of drugs that people feel they need to live are rising by sometimes 1000s of percent, so it's a big "**** you" to the pharmaceutical industry. Not many people care about vitamin c that has lead in it, it wouldn't be popular to make and sell, and would probably be much more expensive to purchase than mass produced lead infused vitamin C, so would have a niche audience. I'm sure there are people could easily make vitamin c without lead in it. But unless haidut, health natura etc release it, or someone manages to find a good source of it, I wouldnt hold your breath.

Edit: I realise you answered your own question above saying basically same as me before I said it haha. Maybe contact some health supplement companies with the idea of lead free vitamin c and see if any of them are interested in trying to supply some?

zewe

I get my vitamin C from rose hips. That's what the old timers did.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Because drug prices of drugs that people feel they need to live are rising by sometimes 1000s of percent, so it's a big "**** you" to the pharmaceutical industry. Not many people care about vitamin c that has lead in it, it wouldn't be popular to make and sell, and would probably be much more expensive to purchase than mass produced lead infused vitamin C, so would have a niche audience. I'm sure there are people could easily make vitamin c without lead in it. But unless haidut, health natura etc release it, or someone manages to find a good source of it, I wouldnt hold your breath.

Edit: I realise you answered your own question above saying basically same as me before I said it haha. Maybe contact some health supplement companies with the idea of lead free vitamin c and see if any of them are interested in trying to supply some?
I'm making do with presumably lead-tainted vitamin C, and they still work. But I wonder how much better the vitamin C would be were it not to be tainted so. Ray's warnings against vitamin C always bothers me, and it would be Christmas in July if haidut or health natura would offer lead-free vitamin C, but I know it's not going to happen, as there are no such suppliers of lead-free vitamin C anywhere in the world. I'm sure they have pretty much exhausted their search, and have come up empty.

There is no incentive for any company to make one - for something so generic. If haidut were to ask how many multiples over the price of lead-tainted vitamin C one would be willing to pay to get lead-free vitamin C, I would venture to guess 1.5x would be the most people would pay. With the small market of vitamin C beliebers, given how much vitamin C has been unfairly discredited by mainstream medicine, it would be a tall order that any one other than a billionaire philanthropist would undertake the task of producing lead-free vitamin C. And Bill Gates has put his riches on his idea that the world would be better served by more vaccines and contraceptive drugs.

I rest my hope on a high school protege working on a science project to dream up something like a lead-free vitamin reactor. I know it's not going to be coming from our much challenged public high school system, nor from some meth lab genius finding more meaning in cooking up derivations of fentanyl. Hey, maybe Liz Holmes would want to make lead-free vitamin C out from the ashes of Theranos? Fat chance.

I get my vitamin C from rose hips. That's what the old timers did.
Yes, you could do that. And that's lead-free. I'm using 10,000 mg of Vitamin C a day though, and that would be a lot of rose hips equivalent that becomes impractical, both to spend on and to consume.

Vinero

Why do you feel you need to supplement vitamin C?
Lots of food Ray recommends contain abundant vitamin C like Orange Juice, Potatoes, fruits etc.
Unless you live on cheese and coca cola why supplement vitamin C?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Why do you feel you need to supplement vitamin C?
Lots of food Ray recommends contain abundant vitamin C like Orange Juice, Potatoes, fruits etc.
Unless you live on cheese and coca cola why supplement vitamin C?

The need for vitamin C varies. If we are very healthy, we need less. I need more because I have lead toxicity and I'm using vitamin C as a chelator, as well as providing antioxidant support to counter the toxic effects of lead. Food cannot provide enough vitamin C for me, as it is impractical to eat huge quantities of vitamin C rich food.

zewe

I'm making do with presumably lead-tainted vitamin C, and they still work. But I wonder how much better the vitamin C would be were it not to be tainted so. Ray's warnings against vitamin C always bothers me, and it would be Christmas in July if haidut or health natura would offer lead-free vitamin C, but I know it's not going to happen, as there are no such suppliers of lead-free vitamin C anywhere in the world. I'm sure they have pretty much exhausted their search, and have come up empty.

There is no incentive for any company to make one - for something so generic. If haidut were to ask how many multiples over the price of lead-tainted vitamin C one would be willing to pay to get lead-free vitamin C, I would venture to guess 1.5x would be the most people would pay. With the small market of vitamin C beliebers, given how much vitamin C has been unfairly discredited by mainstream medicine, it would be a tall order that any one other than a billionaire philanthropist would undertake the task of producing lead-free vitamin C. And Bill Gates has put his riches on his idea that the world would be better served by more vaccines and contraceptive drugs.

I rest my hope on a high school protege working on a science project to dream up something like a lead-free vitamin reactor. I know it's not going to be coming from our much challenged public high school system, nor from some meth lab genius finding more meaning in cooking up derivations of fentanyl. Hey, maybe Liz Holmes would want to make lead-free vitamin C out from the ashes of Theranos? Fat chance.

Yes, you could do that. And that's lead-free. I'm using 10,000 mg of Vitamin C a day though, and that would be a lot of rose hips equivalent that becomes impractical, both to spend on and to consume.

That's alot of vitamin C. Do you get diarrhea from taking that much?

You could grind your own rosehips. They're one of the highest sources of C.

Rosemountain Herbs has them for about $6.50/lb.

ddjd

Is there definitely lead in now foods vit c crystals for instance?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

That's alot of vitamin C. Do you get diarrhea from taking that much?

You could grind your own rosehips. They're one of the highest sources of C.

Rosemountain Herbs has them for about $6.50/lb.

No diarrhea. As I mentioned in reply to Vinero, the need for vitamin C varies. The more sick, the more needed. A healthy person would be more likely to get diarrhea from a set amount of vitamin C, as he will not absorb the vitamin C that he does not need. What isn't absorbed goes to the intestines, and because vitamin C is acidic, it will cause the intestine to react and it will cause it to flush out, and this is what we would call diarrhea.

How much vitamin C is contained in a lb. of rose hips?

Last edited:
OP
yerrag

yerrag

Is there definitely lead in now foods vit c crystals for instance?

Unless they said lead-free, I assume they are lead-contaminated from the manufacturing process and equipment used to make vitamin C. Ray Peat has mentioned this, and this is why he warns against using vitamin C. I guess there must be enough lead contamination in vitamin to warrant a warning from him.

zewe

I use chlorella powder everyday for nutrition and binding/removing heavy metals. Just don't take vit. C with it as the C will release the lead or other problematic heavy metal.

zewe

How much vitamin C is contained in a lb. of rose hips?

Rosehip supplements contain 500 mg, although you might find ones with a 1000 mg. A capsule's a pretty small amount of powder...think how much powder in a pound.
A cup of rosehip tea can contain 2000 mg.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I use chlorella powder everyday for nutrition and binding/removing heavy metals. Just don't take vit. C with it as the C will release the lead or other problematic heavy metal.

Thanks, but I have used chlorella in a product called HMD and it did nothing for me. The only breakthrough I've had is with using magnesium and vitamin C. I have seen great improvement in my high blood pressure arising from lead toxicity in my kidneys. Still, I'm constantly having to tweak my protocol as sometimes what works would cease to further lower my blood pressure, and a tweak will allow me to climb a proverbial wall on my way to further lowering my blood pressure.

I don't believe in the various substances promoted by the likes of Dr. Axe. They provide solutions involving a selection of substances, much of which only give the perception of doing something, more in line with a placebo effect. They do little in the long term except put people in a eternal state of hope, expectant that the cure is around the corner, until they realize it's a money pit, or a time pit, or both. They don't work.

Frankdee20

Rosehip supplements contain 500 mg, although you might find ones with a 1000 mg. A capsule's a pretty small amount of powder...think how much powder in a pound.
A cup of rosehip tea can contain 2000 mg.

I tried looking this up, and 100 grams of Rose hips have roughly 450 mg of C. So one gram has 45 mg.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I tried looking this up, and 100 grams of Rose hips have roughly 450 mg of C. So one gram has 45 mg.
Thanks for sharing that info. It's a good thing if your requirements for vitamin C are low enough, especially given that it's got no lead contamination. I would think that Ray Peat would approve of it. But it becomes impractical when the vitamin C requirements are high. In my case, I would need 2 kilos roughly of it daily. It would be a big bite on my budget, and that's only if I can manage to consume that much.

zewe

I use the chlorella powder and spirulina straight [2tsp : 1tsp] in H2O. At one time supplementing wasn't doing much for me. Until, I started the algae. Get lots of nutrition, omega 3s,
and antihistamine effect from them. Their use was a big game changer.

Don't know anything about Dr. Axe. I was taught herbalism by elders; even how to gather and identify. Scientifically, I've been a microbiologist for food and cosmetic industry....also worked for a combustion engineering company climbing around power plants and testing emissions from smoke stacks and doing the lab work. I do my own research and when I read studies, I cross reference with as much other info as I can find...….Just qualifying my background so people don't think I'm talking out of my neck.

OP
yerrag

yerrag

I use the chlorella powder and spirulina straight [2tsp : 1tsp] in H2O. At one time supplementing wasn't doing much for me. Until, I started the algae. Get lots of nutrition, omega 3s,
and antihistamine effect from them. Their use was a big game changer.
How did it help you? What improvements did you see?

OP
yerrag

yerrag

Don't know anything about Dr. Axe. I was taught herbalism by elders; even how to gather and identify. Scientifically, I've been a microbiologist for food and cosmetic industry....also worked for a combustion engineering company climbing around power plants and testing emissions from smoke stacks and doing the lab work. I do my own research and when I read studies, I cross reference with as much other info as I can find...….Just qualifying my background so people don't think I'm talking out of my neck.
Dr. Axe is liked by people who don't have time or don't want to do the research. They complain when asked to read one Ray Peat article, and rather like the lowdown from someone with a Dr. before their name, and trust what they say so references are not so important.

Sorry if I came off as seeming to imply you're a Dr. Axe fan, and that wasn't my intention. It was more about expressing my disappointment of having been led on wild goose chases, something which I know many people are just as frustrated about.

zewe

How did it help you? What improvements did you see?

Well, I do a lot of things with food, sups., neuroplasticity techniques, meditation, ride my bicycle, etc. My approaches are scientific and spiritual. Owe much to my higher
self guiding me.

I was a very ill, messed up, and chronic pain person for too many years. I kept telling my useless doctors that I felt very toxic [not the "I" but my body] So, looking for ways to detox
NATURALLY I found the algae. I knew the body is the most toxic after you get up in the AM; so that's when I take them. They detox me everyday [in our polluted world I think all should]
so this opens up more systems pathways. And, they help build me up nutritionally. First thing I noticed was the brain fog lifted. Then endurance improved. All very subtle at first; you've got
give your body time.

But as I've mentioned elsewhere, it's not just anyone thing I do.

Here's something you can read on chlorella:

Chlorella and Detox - Bio-Sources

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals