Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

haidut

Forum Supporter
How about androsterone as the GABA agonist for these situations? I wonder if the social reactions would be positive or negative for me in a (sales) presentation. I suppose it would depend on the hormonal status of the people attending. It would probably be too much of a wildcard. What are your thoughts?

You can try, maybe combined with a small amount of progesterone. I would try it in advance though because these can be sedative in higher doses so it can take some time to find the right combination/dose.

haidut

Forum Supporter
im sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a product of yours that you would specifically use for adrenal hyperacativity? like to tame the adrenals if you will? @haidut

Adrenals are usually overactive when thyroid is low. So, the "right" way to tame them would be to improve thyroid function. If the person has excess cortisol due to Cushing or high estrogen then something like progesterone/DHEA, aspirin, cyproheptadine or even Gonadin may help.

Murtaza

Adrenals are usually overactive when thyroid is low. So, the "right" way to tame them would be to improve thyroid function. If the person has excess cortisol due to Cushing or high estrogen then something like progesterone/DHEA, aspirin, cyproheptadine or even Gonadin may help.
Sweet. i ordered gonadin a few days ago, really excited to try it. and is there a "wrong" way treat it too?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Sweet. i ordered gonadin a few days ago, really excited to try it. and is there a "wrong" way treat it too?

Yes, some people get diagnosed with "adrenal fatigue" and get cortisol injections, which wreaks havoc on health.

Brian775

Just wanted to say thanks for the quick shipment Haidut. I placed the order Sunday night and got it today. I am excited to try these products and will give feedback on them.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just wanted to say thanks for the quick shipment Haidut. I placed the order Sunday night and got it today. I am excited to try these products and will give feedback on them.

Thanks for the nice words and keep us posted!
We try to ship orders the same day if they are placed before 5pm EST, which obviously greatly expedites delivery. We also ship on the weekends whenever possible so that helps as well.

haidut

Forum Supporter
JAK inhibitor for hair regrowth ??

It's the latest trend

I need to see more evidence before we go after it. In my opinion, ATP or its direct precursors like succinic acid are much more promising and likely safer.

VelvetNerves

Btw @haidut I was browsing this thread, and came across a portion discussing 5-HT1A antagonists. Did you ever look further into those (or 5-HT4 agonists, 5-HT7 antagonists, 5-HT6 agonists/antagonists, etc. — the popular stuff being researched)? Selective (or just without 5-HT1D activity) 5-HT1B agonists look equally interesting (for depression, especially).

Last edited:

haidut

Forum Supporter
Btw @haidut I was browsing this thread, and came across a portion discussing 5-HT1A antagonists. Did you ever look further into those (or 5-HT4 agonists, 5-HT7 antagonists, 5-HT6 agonists/antagonists, etc. — the popular stuff being researched)? Selective (or just without 5-HT1D activity) 5-HT1B agonists look equally interesting (for depression, especially).

I am not interested in selectivity. Non-selectivity is usually a sign of a beneficial chemical. Be that as it may, both cyproheptadine and metergoline are 5-HT1 antagonists.

VelvetNerves

I am not interested in selectivity. Non-selectivity is usually a sign of a beneficial chemical. Be that as it may, both cyproheptadine and metergoline are 5-HT1 antagonists.

Afaict neither selectivity nor non-selectivity can be necessarily beneficial. It's a non-sequitur, since they're meta-properties of a chemical, abstract over mechanisms of, or modalities of treating, a disorder. e.g. the non-selectivity of Sumatriptan is beneficial when treating migraine (where 5-HT1B and D activity are both beneficial), but not depression (where D can be intolerable).

Anyway, I'm not quite as interested in selectivity as an abstract concept as you are, and thus it's not my expertise, so I'll end there.

However I'm quite interested in practical medicine. Cyproheptadine has done me a lot of harm recently (rollercoaster of side-effects from anti-histamine action then bad-effects from the rebound) so I've stopped taking it. Metergoline gives my nausea; bearable if I must, but would prefer not to. With your practical experience, where would you recommend I look next? I'm trying to work on a subset of symptoms that are exacerbated by Tandospirone (even before the metabolite adrenergic action kicks in later in the day; confirming about as much as I can that the symptoms are 5-HT1A related/would be alleviating by consistent/thorough antagonism).

SQu

@haidut

I realized that with the USPS mailing option you are using, I can track the package the whole way from DC to my home in Spain. This always worked for packages sent by DHL, FedEx, etc. that are always in the custody of the package but it NEVER happened with USPS because packages sent by USPS, once the package reaches Spain, it is handled to public national mail company, which somehow never crossed delivery status with USPS, so once the package reached Spain, there was no way to know where that package was. Now it works. Thy somehow communicate to each other so I can follow the package door to door. GREAT!!! Thanks!

Yes, the tracking should cover the entire route but it is not always very detailed. But at least you will know when it reached your country and then it was delivered.

So far it's looking like Makrosky's previous experience. My package was due a week ago. Our post office here in South Africa doesn't recognize the tracking number, suggests I look it up on USPS which I did, and got a very detailed list of the many places it went through in the US before leaving on the 23rd of May, after which, silence. I only have a call centre option here for queries, that's what I'll do tomorrow probably.

haidut

Forum Supporter
So far it's looking like Makrosky's previous experience. My package was due a week ago. Our post office here in South Africa doesn't recognize the tracking number, suggests I look it up on USPS which I did, and got a very detailed list of the many places it went through in the US before leaving on the 23rd of May, after which, silence. I only have a call centre option here for queries, that's what I'll do tomorrow probably.

At least in theory, all state postal services around the world, who are members of the Universal Postal Union (UPU) should recognize the US tracking numbers. The tracking numbers are universal and end with US to signify they come from USA but if you look at tracking numbers form other countries sending package abroad - those tracking numbers use the same format and end with the country code of the country sender. So, if somebody sends me package from say Russua or Korea, I can track the package from USPS website. Not always, but most of the time. So, any talk that the number is invalid in SA is bull. Once the package reaches SA it has to be scanned and tracked internally and since they do not issue new tracking numbers they must be using the one on the package. I have confirmed that US tracking numbers successfully show up in local postal tracking systems in most European countries, many of the Asian ones, and even Angola (which is close to SA).
Anyways, arguing with them probably won't do much good but you can point that out and maybe check the local tracking system. I had a few packages to SA eventually show up in the tracking system even though the postal people claim their system does not recognize the numbers. So, hopefully yours shows up soon too.

SQu

I had a few packages to SA eventually show up in the tracking system even though the postal people claim their system does not recognize the numbers. So, hopefully yours shows up soon too.
That is encouraging! Thanks. I should have clarified that it is the Post Office website that doesn't recognize the tracking number, but it's very likely to be out of date.

golder

Is there any good info on the safety of SFA esters? Do they all share similar safety levels? I understand that you don't want people copying the products, but I know personally the only thing stopping me from buying them is not knowing the specific SFA ester. the ideas behind all the combinations are novel and good, some of the products I can't easily get elsewhere (like concentrated emodin)... but it's just not being able to know what I ingest that is keeping me from pulling the trigger and buying a bunch of these products
Any chance of a follow up to this?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any chance of a follow up to this?

Yes, there is a follow up. The SFA esters we use are a combination of isopropyl myristate (IPM) and stearyl alcohol. The stearyl alcohol is well known to the forum and so is myristic acid. IPM is perhaps one of the most widely used transdermal enhancers for creams and pharmaceuticals. There is a lot of information about it on Pubmed. It seems especially well-suited for transdermal formulations involving steroids.
Isopropyl myristate - Wikipedia

IPM is just the ester of isopropyl alcohol with myristic acid. Myristic acid is an SFA found in coconut oil while isopropyl alcohol is commonly known as "rubbing alcohol". I don't think the safety of stearyl alcohol or myristic acid need any explanations, so I will focus on isopropyl alcohol. Each drop of one of the products using the SFA esters + ethanol solvent has about 2mg isopropyl alcohol (from the IPM). Here is a document describing the safety profile of isopropyl alcohol by transdermal, oral, ocular, etc routes. To experience any toxicity symptoms, humans typically needed to get exposed to multigram amounts.
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL - Emergency and Continuous Exposure Limits for Selected Airborne Contaminants - NCBI Bookshelf

Here is a human study showing that actual ingestion of pure isopropyl alcohol in doses up to 6.4mg/kg for 6 weeks did not produce any toxic effects. This amounts to daily ingestion of 400mg-800mg isopropyl alcohol for more than a month.
Effects on man of daily ingestion of small doses of isopropyl alcohol - ScienceDirect

Moreover, isoropyl alcohol is used as food ingredient in many foods and drinks we consume on a daily basis, especially sodas. See below.
Isopropyl Alcohol in Soft Drinks - SourceWatch
"...In September 2005, a "panel of scientific experts" at the European Food Safety Authority concluded, "after examining a dossier on propan-2-ol (isopropanol, IPA) put forward by the European Flavour and Fragrance Association (EFFA), [that] soft drink makers should propose limits for heavy metals and aromatic hydrocarbons used as carrier solvents for flavouring preparations in soft drinks." [1]The EFSA said that the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) of "2.4 mg/kg bw would be reached for a 60 kg [approximately 132-pound] adult by the daily consumption of 240 ml of soft drink which is less than a normal sized can or bottle." [2]The EFSA stated that an "estimate has been made of the potential intake of propan-2-ol from all sources for UK adult consumers, including the assumption that it is used in soft drinks at 600 mg/l. The mean potential intake was estimated to be 1.3 mg/kg bw/day, i.e. below the ADI. However, the estimated 97.5th percentile of potential intake from all sources in consumers was 5.4 mg/kg bw/day, exceeding the ADI. Exposure estimates based only on the consumption of regular carbonated drinks in teenagers from 5 EU cities, assuming a concentration of 600 mg/l, lead to potential intake of 1.4 mg/kg bw/day at the mean and up to 10 mg/kg bw/day at the 97.5th percentile." [3]"

So, the daily internal exposure (ingestion) most people get from food/drinks and other sources is in the 350mg-700mg range (i.e. about 5.4mg/kg as study above says).

For comparison, an entire bottle of say Calricol has about 500mg isopropyl alcohol in it, and a bottle of Pansterone has about 720mg. A daily usage of our products would provide exposure to anywhere from 2mg (1 drop) to 25mg (12 drops). This is an order of magnitude lower than the oral exposure in humans, which has not been shown to cause any issues. Anybody using rubbing alcohol on their skin gets an order of magnitude higher exposure to isopropyl alcohol than what they would get from the supplements. Of course, there could be people who are especially sensitive to IPM but so far I have not received any reports on irritation of other toxicities.
I hope that helps.

raypeatclips

Yes, there is a follow up. The SFA esters we use are a combination of isopropyl myristate (IPM) and stearyl alcohol. The stearyl alcohol is well known to the forum and so is myristic acid. IPM is perhaps one of the most widely used transdermal enhancers for creams and pharmaceuticals. There is a lot of information about it on Pubmed. It seems especially well-suited for transdermal formulations involving steroids.
Isopropyl myristate - Wikipedia

IPM is just the ester of isopropyl alcohol with myristic acid. Myristic acid is an SFA found in coconut oil while isopropyl alcohol is commonly known as "rubbing alcohol". I don't think the safety of stearyl alcohol or myristic acid need any explanations, so I will focus on isopropyl alcohol. Each drop of one of the products using the SFA esters + ethanol solvent has about 2mg isopropyl alcohol (from the IPM). Here is a document describing the safety profile of isopropyl alcohol by transdermal, oral, ocular, etc routes. To experience any toxicity symptoms, humans typically needed to get exposed to multigram amounts.
ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL - Emergency and Continuous Exposure Limits for Selected Airborne Contaminants - NCBI Bookshelf

Here is a human study showing that actual ingestion of pure isopropyl alcohol in doses up to 6.4mg/kg for 6 weeks did not produce any toxic effects. This amounts to daily ingestion of 400mg-800mg isopropyl alcohol for more than a month.
Effects on man of daily ingestion of small doses of isopropyl alcohol - ScienceDirect

Moreover, isoropyl alcohol is used as food ingredient in many foods and drinks we consume on a daily basis, especially sodas. See below.
Isopropyl Alcohol in Soft Drinks - SourceWatch
"...In September 2005, a "panel of scientific experts" at the European Food Safety Authority concluded, "after examining a dossier on propan-2-ol (isopropanol, IPA) put forward by the European Flavour and Fragrance Association (EFFA), [that] soft drink makers should propose limits for heavy metals and aromatic hydrocarbons used as carrier solvents for flavouring preparations in soft drinks." [1]The EFSA said that the Acceptable Daily Intake (ADI) of "2.4 mg/kg bw would be reached for a 60 kg [approximately 132-pound] adult by the daily consumption of 240 ml of soft drink which is less than a normal sized can or bottle." [2]The EFSA stated that an "estimate has been made of the potential intake of propan-2-ol from all sources for UK adult consumers, including the assumption that it is used in soft drinks at 600 mg/l. The mean potential intake was estimated to be 1.3 mg/kg bw/day, i.e. below the ADI. However, the estimated 97.5th percentile of potential intake from all sources in consumers was 5.4 mg/kg bw/day, exceeding the ADI. Exposure estimates based only on the consumption of regular carbonated drinks in teenagers from 5 EU cities, assuming a concentration of 600 mg/l, lead to potential intake of 1.4 mg/kg bw/day at the mean and up to 10 mg/kg bw/day at the 97.5th percentile." [3]"

So, the daily internal exposure (ingestion) most people get from food/drinks and other sources is in the 350mg-700mg range (i.e. about 5.4mg/kg as study above says).

For comparison, an entire bottle of say Calricol has about 500mg isopropyl alcohol in it, and a bottle of Pansterone has about 720mg. A daily usage of our products would provide exposure to anywhere from 2mg (1 drop) to 25mg (12 drops). This is an order of magnitude lower than the oral exposure in humans, which has not been shown to cause any issues. Anybody using rubbing alcohol on their skin gets an order of magnitude higher exposure to isopropyl alcohol than what they would get from the supplements. Of course, there could be people who are especially sensitive to IPM but so far I have not received any reports on irritation of other toxicities.
I hope that helps.

How come (please correct me if I am wrong) you were hesitant in the past to talk about your sfa esters and go into depth like you have now? What has changed?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom