Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

DaveFoster

Wow, can't imagine taking that much...or that much being necessary!? ..."different strokes for different folks"...
Indeed. Dr. Peat has said that chronic stress can effectively "freeze the bowels," so laxatives may be necessary.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut Just going from 2 to 3 drops of Lapodin caused loose stools and dehydration (because I already take cascara sagrada), so it might be good to have a warning label on the product that says, "Do not combine with laxatives."

If I took the full dose, it could have been much worse.

Noted. Do you think a lot of people may be combining it with laxatives, considering it itself is a laxative?

haidut

Forum Supporter

DaveFoster

Noted. Do you think a lot of people may be combining it with laxatives, considering it itself is a laxative?
Probably not cascara, but I'd venture to guess many people would take Lapodin alongside a magnesium supplement (particularly with Magnoil's release.)

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Does SFA esters mix with MCT oil?
Edit: And does it affect absorption(I'd like to apply on larger area)?

Yes, it does mix well but I have not tested mixtures of high MCT:SFA ratio. The most I have tried is 75% SFA and 25% MCT. It does seem to have enhancing effect on absorption of MCT but this has not really been studied much.

agnostic

A supplement containing pure thymoquinone would be nice. As far as I know, there is no supplement containing pure thymoquinone on the market. Here's an interesting review on thymoquinone that was just published:

Dose Response. 2018 Apr 11;16(2):1559325818761455. doi: 10.1177/1559325818761455. eCollection 2018 Apr-Jun.
The Neuroprotective Effects of Thymoquinone: A Review.
Farkhondeh T1, Samarghandian S2, Shahri AMP3, Samini F4.
Author information

Abstract
Thymoquinone (TQ), one of the main components active of Nigella sativa, exhibited very useful biomedical effects such as anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antimicrobial, antiparasitic, anticancer, hypoglycemic, antihypertensive, and antiasthmatic effects. There are several studies about pharmacological activities of TQ but its neuroprotection effects are not fully described. The literature search has indicated many studies pertaining to the effects of TQ in neurological problems such as epilepsy, parkinsonism, anxiety, and improvement of learning and memory, and so on. In addition, TQ protected brain cells from various injuries due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and apoptotic effects in cell line and experimental animal models. The present study has been designed to review the scientific literature about the pharmacological activities of TQ to the neurological diseases. This study purposed that although experimental studies indicated the beneficial effects of TQ against nervous system problems, better designed clinical trials in humans are needed to confirm these effects.

LCohen

How about a mixed mineral supplement but with their best forms (picolinate, orotate..) ? Zinc, Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium..

I didn't check if this exist, forgive me if there's one :speaknoevil: (I know there's a Mag one)

agnostic

@Wagner83

Thanks. I had missed that. But the study he cites is just an in vitro study. At the same time, there are hundreds of in vivo studies almost all showing very beneficial effects and almost no adverse effects. Besides, black cumin is a traditional remedy that has been used for thousands of years.

Wagner83

I think ray also shared his understanding /intuition of how it would work in vivo, but that doesn't mean he's right.
@Wagner83

Thanks. I had missed that. But the study he cites is just an in vitro study. At the same time, there are hundreds of in vivo studies almost all showing very beneficial effects and almost no adverse effects. Besides, black cumin is a traditional remedy that has been used for thousands of years.
Also here:
TQ promoted the growth of cancer cell lines at low concentrations, but was found to be cytotoxic at concentrations ranging from 50-100 μg/mL(304.5-609.0 μM). While the growth-promoting effects of TQ on cancer cell lines at low concentrations is worrisome for its future development as a chemotherapeutic, TQ deserves further exploration as an effective alternative to customary medicines for chemotherapy and diseases caused by pathogenic bacteria. [...] TQ, a phytochemical compound that has been reported to exhibit antimicrobial effects on Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria, though it has shown more activity against Gram-positive bacteria . One Gram-positive bacterium of concern is Staphylococcus aureus. [..] S. aureus causes food poisoning by releasing enterotoxins into food and toxic shock syndrome by release of superantigens into the blood stream. TQ has shown anti-proliferative effects on cell lines derived from cancers of the colon, ovary, breast, larynx, lung, myeloblastic leukemia, and osteosarcoma. TQ has shown a degree of selectivity towards cancer cells, since normal cells such as human pancreatic ductal epithelial cells and mouse keratinocytes are resistant to the apoptotic effects of TQ. http://www.jes2s.com/pdfs/hossain_et_al.pdf

haidut

Forum Supporter
A supplement containing pure thymoquinone would be nice. As far as I know, there is no supplement containing pure thymoquinone on the market. Here's an interesting review on thymoquinone that was just published:

We have thymoquinone but after Ray's comments and the fact that thymoquinone is not a more powerful electron withdrawing agent compared to emodin and beta lapachone (ingredients in Lapodin) there does not seem to be much reason to offer this. Maybe I can add it to Lapodin/Panquinone as yer another quinone. But I don't like adding things just for the heck of it so I am waiting for a study that shows a truly unique or very powerful effect.

haidut

Forum Supporter
How about a mixed mineral supplement but with their best forms (picolinate, orotate..) ? Zinc, Potassium, Sodium, Magnesium..

I didn't check if this exist, forgive me if there's one :speaknoevil: (I know there's a Mag one)

Potassium supplements are "crippled" by law as a single dose can only contain 100mg of potassium, which is nothing considering the RDA. There is no reason to make a sodium supplement and Peat has spoken against using zinc from supplements.

Fractality

I'm still looking for something for public speaking. I know it's a specific request. Perhaps an existing product will provide the solution?

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm still looking for something for public speaking. I know it's a specific request. Perhaps an existing product will provide the solution?

Increasing dopamine has been shown to help. A lower dose of a GABA agonist like progesterone may also work by reducing anxiety.

Is there any good info on the safety of SFA esters? Do they all share similar safety levels? I understand that you don't want people copying the products, but I know personally the only thing stopping me from buying them is not knowing the specific SFA ester. the ideas behind all the combinations are novel and good, some of the products I can't easily get elsewhere (like concentrated emodin)... but it's just not being able to know what I ingest that is keeping me from pulling the trigger and buying a bunch of these products

Murtaza

im sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a product of yours that you would specifically use for adrenal hyperacativity? like to tame the adrenals if you will? @haidut

Fractality

Increasing dopamine has been shown to help. A lower dose of a GABA agonist like progesterone may also work by reducing anxiety.

How about androsterone as the GABA agonist for these situations? I wonder if the social reactions would be positive or negative for me in a (sales) presentation. I suppose it would depend on the hormonal status of the people attending. It would probably be too much of a wildcard. What are your thoughts?

RobertJM

How about androsterone as the GABA agonist for these situations? I wonder if the social reactions would be positive or negative for me in a (sales) presentation. I suppose it would depend on the hormonal status of the people attending. It would probably be too much of a wildcard. What are your thoughts?

Can you not just buy a beta blocker? For the peanuts that they're sold online, it would be worth trying at least. It's no biggie for a Dr to prescribe it, either. Why would you persue an idealabs supplement for this issue (which I would consider to be 'wildcard'), when beta blockers (at least) have actual anecdotal evidence behind them for doing the trick? (which can be found on lots of forum boards through google searches).

I did a best man speech in front of 200 people, where I had to be 'Mr funny' for ten minutes, and I wouldn't have been able to do it as well as I did without a high dose of propranolol, and a couple of stiff whiskies.

I've also used the drug for work presentations, and again the propranolol sems to work ok at reducing the physical synptoms. Even though it doesn't reduce psychological symptoms, I definitely notice an improvement in the physical symptoms, and because the drug is dealing with that, it means I can concentrate on keeping myself together psychologically. I don't normally shake or wobble, but I go red and start to feel myself starting to sweat (which completely affects my ability to think and stay on task of 'keeping it together').

I have never noticed any drunk feeling with propranalol. And I've taken fairly high doses, too.

Not sure if this is helpful, but if I was in your position I'd be looking at things with a prove track record (if the anxiety around public speaking is crippling).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom