Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

Koveras

Any thoughts about "sucrosomial" form minerals?

"Sucresters are obtained by fatty acid esterification of fatty acid methyl esters with sucrose and are also referred to as sucrose esters of fatty acids. "

Sucrose esters of fatty acids kind of reminds me of "lipopolysaccharides" (lipodisaccharides?).

Maybe it's benign though.

LCohen

Noted. Interesting comparison with cypro as they are basically the same molecule and have the same potency as antihistamine, so should be equally sedating. But experience is king.

Ketotifen isn't that "sedating". And I can say that it greatly improves digestion when you compare it with cypro. It's showing an antibiotic-like effect whenever I use it. It's probably way better when it comes to antagonizing TLR4 in gut.

Just saying..

Blossom

Forum Supporter
can you make paypal payment available would be nice
PayPal was available early on but there was an issue that arose with PayPal dictating what types of products could be sold by a company using their service. I believe I'm remembering this correctly but hopefully @haidut will correct me if I'm wrong. There are posts about the situation somewhere on the forum.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
To everybody wonderign what is going on - PayPal blocked out account without ANY warning or indication what is the offending reason. After threatening legal action in the 11th hour, we received an email that the ban is due to us selling supplements based on...wait for it...DMSO!?!?!
Are you f-ing kidding me!?!? Here is a link to other people experiencing the same issue.
PayPal ban companies selling MMS, DMSO, and even Citric Acid

So, while I am sure what PayPal is doing is quite illegal we probably won't be bothering with them in the future. By the time I come back I hope to have signed up for at least 3-4 other vendors who have been contacting us over the last few months asking for a chance to prove they are better than PayPal. Well, now they'll get their chance :):

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ketotifen isn't that "sedating". And I can say that it greatly improves digestion when you compare it with cypro. It's showing an antibiotic-like effect whenever I use it. It's probably way better when it comes to antagonizing TLR4 in gut.

Just saying..

Ketotifen and cypro are both about equally strong as histamine antagonists, which is what produces the sedation effect. Both are prescribed for people with PTSD suffering from insomnia and nightmares for that reason. But if you have used one of them for a while a tolerance to the sedative effects develops and then if you switch to the other it would seem not sedating at all.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any thoughts about "sucrosomial" form minerals?

"Sucresters are obtained by fatty acid esterification of fatty acid methyl esters with sucrose and are also referred to as sucrose esters of fatty acids. "

Sucrose esters of fatty acids kind of reminds me of "lipopolysaccharides" (lipodisaccharides?).

Maybe it's benign though.

There is a GERD drug called Sucralfate - a complex of aluminium and sucrose. It is quite toxic and I think it is because the sucrose increase aluminium bioavailability. So, it could be something good for say magnesium or potassium but since better salts already exist (magnesium/potassium succinate) there is probably not much rationale for doing it. I will look into the FFA/sucrose complexes though.

M

member 6316

Something that blocks Cortisol receptor 1 (CRHR1) to help with stress and can increase hair growth.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Something that blocks Cortisol receptor 1 (CRHR1) to help with stress and can increase hair growth.

Progesterone likely blocks that receptor, as it is a non-specific glucocorticoid antagonist.

M

member 6316

Progesterone likely blocks that receptor, as it is a non-specific glucocorticoid antagonist.
if it does its not potent enough atleast by cream. Since I know when progesterone is taken orally lots of it is converted to allpregnenolone and maybe that could be blocking Cortisol. You need a specific CRHR1 antagonist like antalarmin.

haidut

Forum Supporter
if it does its not potent enough atleast by cream. Since I know when progesterone is taken orally lots of it is converted to allpregnenolone and maybe that could be blocking Cortisol. You need a specific CRHR1 antagonist like antalarmin.

Pregnenolone also blocks CRH. Progesterone and allopregnanolone, downstream metabolites of pregnenolone also do. Maybe the cream you used does not delivery enough progesterone to tissues and gets quickly excreted. Progesterone dissolved in fat seems to circumvent that issue. I don't like too specific chemicals like antalarmin when there are systemically acting, cheap and much better studies chemicals like pregnenolone/progesterone/GABA.
Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)

M

member 6316

Pregnenolone also blocks CRH. Progesterone and allopregnanolone, downstream metabolites of pregnenolone also do. Maybe the cream you used does not delivery enough progesterone to tissues and gets quickly excreted. Progesterone dissolved in fat seems to circumvent that issue. I don't like too specific chemicals like antalarmin when there are systemically acting, cheap and much better studies chemicals like pregnenolone/progesterone/GABA.
Pregnenolone Is The Most Potent Inhibitor Of The Stress Signal (CRH)
I dont know, pregnenolone didnt help my anxiety or reduce cortisol(had it tested). It is a hormone. So who knows how your body decides to use it. If you have mutations in the CHR specific CRF1 receptor it wont do anything thus you need a synthetic drug that forcefully blocks. it. im just talking out of experience . Progesterone cream did reduce my cortisol the first time I used it but the second time It had no effect (used same cream),But didnt help anxiety. Do they really block the CRF1 tho? I doubt it.

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut: Speaking about hairloss are you trying Travis' ideas?

Not at the moment. My hair tends to regrow in the summer so I m trying to figure out what changes metabolically in those 3-4 months and replicate that. I think it still comes down to stress, at least for me, as I get the most regrowth then on vacation or away from work/computers/phone/etc.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I dont know, pregnenolone didnt help my anxiety or reduce cortisol(had it tested). It is a hormone. So who knows how your body decides to use it. If you have mutations in the CHR specific CRF1 receptor it wont do anything thus you need a synthetic drug that forcefully blocks. it. im just talking out of experience . Progesterone cream did reduce my cortisol the first time I used it but the second time It had no effect (used same cream).

Did you test CRH? Pregnenolone/progesterone are supposed to reduce its levels and it is CRH and not so much cortisol responsible for panic attacks/anxiety.

M

member 6316

Did you test CRH? Pregnenolone/progesterone are supposed to reduce its levels and it is CRH and not so much cortisol responsible for panic attacks/anxiety.
Its the CRF1 respnsible for anxiety right? CRF1 triggers ACTH and increases FAAH which decreases lvls of anandamide thus reducing CB1 receptors and leading to an overactive amygdala,that is if you have CRF1 mutations. Progesterone made my face chiseled I took it that it reduced my cortisol, but my anxiety was still there. Then when I used a CRF-1 specific antagonist I noticed it helped my social anxiety tremendously.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wagner83

Not at the moment. My hair tends to regrow in the summer so I m trying to figure out what changes metabolically in those 3-4 months and replicate that. I think it still comes down to stress, at least for me, as I get the most regrowth then on vacation or away from work/computers/phone/etc.
I'm probably way out of my element, but did you ever check the studies done with controlled photoperiods and if they could have any other hints you didn't think of? (e.g. Photo-neuroendocrine control of seasonal cycles in body weight, pelage growth and reproduction: lessons from the HPD sheep model. - PubMed - NCBI) I know we reproduce all year (in front of a computer with a handkerchief) but still. A good Kokum butter, high in stearic acid, at least more than those I posted about, topically to grease the head could be worth a try, if not for hair then for the brain.

haidut

Forum Supporter
I'm probably way out of my element, but did you ever check the studies done with controlled photoperiods and if they could have any other hints you didn't think of? (e.g. Photo-neuroendocrine control of seasonal cycles in body weight, pelage growth and reproduction: lessons from the HPD sheep model. - PubMed - NCBI) I know we reproduce all year (in front of a computer with a handkerchief) but still. A good Kokum butter, high in stearic acid, at least more than those I posted about, topically to grease the head could be worth a try, if not for hair then for the brain.

I have not looked at those studies yet, but as far as rubbing fat I think you are on the right track but the real reason it helps is because it raises succinic acid in the scalp and succinic acid raises ATP. It is the ATP that is apparently vital for hair growth and this is why we added succinic acid to SolBan recently. It also suggests that Cardenosine may help with hair growth topically.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-2494.1993.tb00592.x/abstract
"...The effect of the glyceride of pentadecanoic acid (PDG) in treating male pattern alopecia has already been confirmed in a double blind controlled clinical test. In order to study the mechanism of the hair growing effect of PDG, ATP levels were measured in the hair follicles of rabbits. The ATP levels in telogen hair follicles increased remarkably with the application of PDG. To examine this effect, the metabolic properties of pentadecanoic acid (PDA) were investigated using the mitochondrial fraction prepared from guinea-pig hair follicles. It was shown that PDA could be metabolized in hair follicles, and succinic acid, which was formed in the degradation process of PDA, had a remarkable ATP producing ability. These results suggest that the hair growing effect of PDG depends on the efficient supply of energy to hair follicles, and this mechanism seems to be derived from the metabolic property of the odd numbered carbon fatty acid, PDA."

Based on the above study, pentadecanoic acid (another SFA) is now approved in Japan as topical treatment for hair loss.
https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/skinresearch1959/37/6/37_6_800/_article

However, if succinic acid and ultimately ATP are the real active ingredients then those can be delivered directly topically without the need to make the scalp greasy. Hence, the addition of succinic acid in SolBan and the suggestion to use Cardenosine on the scalp. A combination of SolBan + Cardenosine may be even more effective due to the additional antiinflammatory and antifibrotic effects of caffeine, niacinamide, aspirin, inosine, B6, etc.

Back
Top Bottom