Idealabs Comments And Suggestions

Lilac

Can we get a list of expiration periods for all the products? I have a few that are not recent purchases and am wondering if it is ok to use them in the upcoming winter? Thank you!

haidut

Forum Supporter
Can we get a list of expiration periods for all the products? I have a few that are not recent purchases and am wondering if it is ok to use them in the upcoming winter? Thank you!

I mentioned this a few times in the thread. None of them really have expiration date, as nothing in them spoils. As long as Energin, Kuinone, and TocoVit are kept out of direct sunlight then they should probably be usable for at least a few years. I have a few bottles that are 2+ years old and still going strong when I use them occasionally.
As a tip to all future questions like that - simply Google for this: "site:raypeatforum.com idealabs expiration date" or "site:raypeatforum.com idealabs shelf life" and you will get the answers you need. No quotes around the keyphrases when entered in Google.

nasibi

@haidut I have a question. Why is there such a big price gap between your androsterone and Super R andro? I mean no offense. Just a legit question.

haidut

Forum Supporter

nasibi

I don't know what is Super R andro. Can you please clarify?

It is androsterone. Super R andro is the product name by Iron mag labs. It contains 100 mg Androsterone/pill. 60 pills in the bottle for 49.99$.

I am considering to try androsterone and couldn't wrap my head around as to why there is such a huge price difference between the two.

haidut

Forum Supporter
It is androsterone. Super R andro is the product name by Iron mag labs. It contains 100 mg Androsterone/pill. 60 pills in the bottle for 49.99$.

I am considering to try androsterone and couldn't wrap my head around as to why there is such a huge price difference between the two.

This is an oral product. As I posted in a few studies related to the old cholesterol-lowering drug Atromid, which had androsterone in it, oral androsterone was shown to almost never raise blood levels. It likely stays all in the liver and gets metabolized/excreted. I saw that their product contains 6,7-dihydroxybergamottin, which is supposed to inhibit the enzyme CYP3A4 and this is the enzyme responsible for oxidation of foreign molecules and thus inhibiting it will tend to increase half life. However, androsterone is a bioidentical hormone and I am not sure CYP3A4 is involved in its metabolism. More importantly, a number of androgenic steroids were found to strongly increase CYP3A4 activity, and if androsterone does it too then combining it with the inhibitor may leave a null effect at best, which means no rise in blood levels. The study did not test androsterone but tested DHEA (which is pretty close to androsterone in effects on enzymes) and found strong activation of CYP3A4. See study below or attached image.
Effects of endogenous steroids on CYP3A4-mediated drug metabolism by human liver microsomes. - PubMed - NCBI

So, I need to see blood results on this product but for now I highly doubt their 100mg oral daily dose can match the 8mg androsterone daily dose in the topical androsterone we well.

Attachments

• steroids_cyp3a4_effects.jpg
    steroids_cyp3a4_effects.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Wagner83

Is that product real androsterone or is it the the one that got mixed up with androsterone?

Btw I just saw this:
Androsterone - Wikipedia
History
Androsterone was first isolated in 1931, by Adolf Friedrich Johann Butenandt and Kurt Tscherning. They distilled over 17,000 liters (3,700 imp gal; 4,500 U.S. gal) of male urine, from which they got 50 milligrams (0.77 gr) of crystalline androsterone, which was sufficient to find that the chemical formula was very similar to estrone.

nasibi

This is an oral product. As I posted in a few studies related to the old cholesterol-lowering drug Atromid, which had androsterone in it, oral androsterone was shown to almost never raise blood levels. It likely stays all in the liver and gets metabolized/excreted. I saw that their product contains 6,7-dihydroxybergamottin, which is supposed to inhibit the enzyme CYP3A4 and this is the enzyme responsible for oxidation of foreign molecules and thus inhibiting it will tend to increase half life. However, androsterone is a bioidentical hormone and I am not sure CYP3A4 is involved in its metabolism. More importantly, a number of androgenic steroids were found to strongly increase CYP3A4 activity, and if androsterone does it too then combining it with the inhibitor may leave a null effect at best, which means no rise in blood levels. The study did not test androsterone but tested DHEA (which is pretty close to androsterone in effects on enzymes) and found strong activation of CYP3A4. See study below or attached image.
Effects of endogenous steroids on CYP3A4-mediated drug metabolism by human liver microsomes. - PubMed - NCBI

So, I need to see blood results on this product but for now I highly doubt their 100mg oral daily dose can match the 8mg androsterone daily dose in the topical androsterone we well.

Thanks alot for your input. I appreciate it.

haidut

Forum Supporter
Transdermal Vitamin C with idealabs quality would be great.

I thought about that and even releasing Dehydroascorbic acid (oxidized vitamin C). But it turns out oral vitamin C combined with a strong oxidizing agent like emodin, vitamin K or even MB generates a lot of dehydroascorbic acid once ingested , and it is hard to beat that price-wise.

Waynish

I thought about that and even releasing Dehydroascorbic acid (oxidized vitamin C). But it turns out oral vitamin C combined with a strong oxidizing agent like emodin, vitamin K or even MB generates a lot of dehydroascorbic acid once ingested , and it is hard to beat that price-wise.

Favorite oral C source? I've been skeptical of the various lyposomal delivery methods... Thoughts?

haidut

Forum Supporter
Favorite oral C source? I've been skeptical of the various lyposomal delivery methods... Thoughts?

Plane cheap vitamin C supplements from GNC or VitaminShoppe seem to work well and of course a glass of orange/lemon juice with some MB in it is probably the safest source.

haidut

Forum Supporter

theLaw

You can make your own pretty cheaply by simply putting a few copper pennies in undiluted vinegar. I may release copper in DMSO as per the ALS study.
Copper May Treat Als

Hey Haidut,

Have you ever considered putting out a supplement for a particular issue like acne?

I noticed that after the first few days of using a zinc sup, I couldn't get a pimple to save my life.

Not a panacea for sure, but for those with issue like chronic-acne, a simple mineral sup might be a game-changer. Just a thought.

Greatly appreciate all of your work!!!:D

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hey Haidut,

Have you ever considered putting out a supplement for a particular issue like acne?

I noticed that after the first few days of using a zinc sup, I couldn't get a pimple to save my life.

Not a panacea for sure, but for those with issue like chronic-acne, a simple mineral sup might be a game-changer. Just a thought.

Good idea, but have to release all the ones I have lined up already first :):

Lucenzo01

Hey Haidut,

A mineral product would be great too, containing the minerals that are good and they are hard to get from diet like magnesium, manganese, zinc...

Wagner83

A mineral product would be great too, containing the minerals that are good and they are hard to get from diet like magnesium, manganese, zinc...
And more importantly the possibility to buy hair tests to go with it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom